• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest The Axe

Unsung Hero....Colaiacovo?

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

Dont like this guy. Never have. But damn. He has answered the bell since DeKeyser went down. Not one person has badmouthed him on here in 6 or 7 games, and the Wings are doing pretty darn well with him at the #6 slot. Good job Carlo. Keep up the steady play.

He's always been a good player. People just irrationally translated his injury history as meaning he is a bad player.

I hope he stays around. Obviously with his history we can't rely on him, but it's good to have him for insurance.

He got CRUSHED at the end last night. Glad to see he was ok. I too give him props.

He's been a solid d-man for us when he's in there. I was little worried when Shaw blasted him into the boards late in the game. We don't need another injury on our blue line.

The entire defense has been playing worlds better than we've seen even just last series. They all deserve props, even Smith and Quincey. There was one play I think in the first behind Jimmy where Quincey flat out battled the guy with everything he had and I couldn't believe me eyes.

Vladifan likes this

It's like the whole time he's been away they replaced his glass bones with some light steel frame or something. He's taken a few hits, he's made some great diving plays to keep breakaways from becoming goals against...What do you guys think?

how many Colaiacovo threads do we need? a month ago everyone hated him, now everyone is making threads about him?

Why don't you like him? Since he's been healthy I've thought he's played great.

I dont know. I just was never a fan. But he's been great since he got the call. I have to admit it.

Didn't know much about him before he signed here but I agree he's been pretty solid. Keep up the good work Carlo.

He is always been a real solid dman, injuries have always been his only problem. Always had the potential to fit in nicely in a 2nd pairing. Really hoping he can stay healthy, would be great for him and us.

He has been solid. I mentioned in the GDT the same thing.

With the growing pains that Smitty is going through, I can see next years 6 starters looking like:

Kronner - Big E

Q - Diesel

Kindl - Cola

Smitty

Smitty will come around and by 2014-15, he will be in the starting 6 again full time...until then Cola is working out nicely...thus far.

Vladifan likes this

I went to the game last night, and I'm pretty sure I was yelling "Cola-iacovo" more than any other wings d-man's name.

He played a heck of a game last night. Keep it up, Cola!

He's always been a good player. People just irrationally translated his injury history as meaning he is a bad player.

This.

T.Low and Motown4013 like this

I always liked him. Why? Because I hadn't really followed his career before. :tounge: He is definitely holding up his end of the battle out there. I am so damn proud of them all. Everything from here on out is gravy on the cake. ...Or something like that...

thegerkin likes this

I always liked him. Why? Because I hadn't really followed his career before. :tounge: He is definitely holding up his end of the battle out there. I am so damn proud of them all. Everything from here on out is gravy on the cake. ...Or something like that...

mmmm gravy on cake.... that sounds ummm good?

He was our MVP in game 2. He's a stud defensively, and surprisingly he was jumping up into the offense a little

mmmm gravy on cake.... that sounds ummm good?

Gravy on fries!

But agreed Carlo played real well. Really makes me bummed Holland didn't trade White at the deadline.

Given what was expected of him and his lack of a regular season for all intents and purposes, he's been really solid and certainly important to our playoff success thus far. He seems to have a good attitude and he seems excited to be out there playing. That can go a long way this time of year.