• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Dont like this guy. Never have. But damn. He has answered the bell since DeKeyser went down. Not one person has badmouthed him on here in 6 or 7 games, and the Wings are doing pretty darn well with him at the #6 slot. Good job Carlo. Keep up the steady play.

#2 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Agreed. Solid play. Throwing his body around. Earning his dollars.

#3 jfranzen

jfranzen

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Agreed. A man possessed yesterday. Very physical and managed to stay on the bench instead of being sent to a hospital.
I'm offended that you're offended.

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

He's always been a good player. People just irrationally translated his injury history as meaning he is a bad player.

I hope he stays around. Obviously with his history we can't rely on him, but it's good to have him for insurance.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#5 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

He got CRUSHED at the end last night. Glad to see he was ok. I too give him props.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#6 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

He's been a solid d-man for us when he's in there.  I was little worried when Shaw blasted him into the boards late in the game.  We don't need another injury on our blue line.

#7 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

2nq858z.jpg

works every time

#8 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

The entire defense has been playing worlds better than we've seen even just last series.  They all deserve props, even Smith and Quincey.  There was one play I think in the first behind Jimmy where Quincey flat out battled the guy with everything he had and I couldn't believe me eyes.

#9 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

It's like the whole time he's been away they replaced his glass bones with some light steel frame or something.  He's taken a few hits, he's made some great diving plays to keep breakaways from becoming goals against...What do you guys think?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#10 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

how many Colaiacovo threads do we need? a month ago everyone hated him, now everyone is making threads about him?

#11 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

Why don't you like him? Since he's been healthy I've thought he's played great.  

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#12 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Why don't you like him? Since he's been healthy I've thought he's played great.  

I dont know. I just was never a fan. But he's been great since he got the call. I have to admit it.

#13 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

Didn't know much about him before he signed here but I agree he's been pretty solid. Keep up the good work Carlo.

#14 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:59 AM

He is always been a real solid dman, injuries have always been his only problem. Always had the potential to fit in nicely in a 2nd pairing. Really hoping he can stay healthy, would be great for him and us. 

#15 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

He has been solid. I mentioned in the GDT the same thing.

With the growing pains that Smitty is going through, I can see next years 6 starters looking like:

Kronner - Big E

Q - Diesel

Kindl - Cola

Smitty

Smitty will come around and by 2014-15, he will be in the starting 6 again full time...until then Cola is working out nicely...thus far.

Don't Be Jealous Because I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#16 Osgood4President

Osgood4President

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

I went to the game last night, and I'm pretty sure I was yelling "Cola-iacovo" more than any other wings d-man's name.

He played a heck of a game last night. Keep it up, Cola!

#17 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's nice to see him play well and not turn over the puck

IPB Image

#18 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

He's always been a good player. People just irrationally translated his injury history as meaning he is a bad player.

This. 

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#19 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

I always liked him.  Why?  Because I hadn't really followed his career before.   :tounge:   He is definitely holding up his end of the battle out there.  I am so damn proud of them all.  Everything from here on out is gravy on the cake.  ...Or something like that...

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#20 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

I always liked him.  Why?  Because I hadn't really followed his career before.   :tounge:   He is definitely holding up his end of the battle out there.  I am so damn proud of them all.  Everything from here on out is gravy on the cake.  ...Or something like that...

mmmm gravy on cake.... that sounds ummm good?