• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

Agreed.  If he wants more than 3 mil, he can centre Hudler in Calgary.  I can't wait to see what kind of goofball signings are made this summer.  I hope next to none and we have Tatar up next year and our boys have to fight hard to keep their jobs over prospects in GR.  It's time to start giving out 1-2 year deals so the wolves stay hungry....cause the legs feed the wolves. 

YES.

That, and trade an underachiever or two.  There's an air of complacency around this club that I don't like...

#42 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:31 PM

Our top 6 is in shambles we have only been successful these playoffs cause our bottom 6 have been playing out of their minds. I wouldn't mind bailing on all of Cleary, Flippula and Franzen. Sign at least one impactful player and we can get by the same way we did this year. It will really show how little these guys contributed to our success next year when we have our young guys replace them and put up the same numbers. Get rid of those three, sign one competent top 6 and promote a few youngsters and we will have the same offensive output.

#43 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Filpulla should on be re-signed if it's at a low cap hit like around 2.5 - 3.0 for like 2 years not more.

#44 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

^ I could see him getting a short deal for a modest raise to see if this season or last season was the fluke.

To all the doofuses who think that we didn't lose anything with Flip getting injured, he was the difference in game 7 against Anahiem and he could have easily been the difference in this game. If it wasn't for that jackass Shaw, we could be celebrating right now. Flip was far from consistent and far from great, but he made some key contributions, and that can't be denied.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#45 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

^ I could see him getting a short deal for a modest raise to see if this season or last season was the fluke.

To all the doofuses who think that we didn't lose anything with Flip getting injured, he was the difference in game 7 against Anahiem and he could have easily been the difference in this game. If it wasn't for that jackass Shaw, we could be celebrating right now. Flip was far from consistent and far from great, but he made some key contributions, and that can't be denied.

I just wish he played with more "umph". I believe even you said he's been timid, which is the perfect word I'd describe him as and it's been irritating me for awhile that he's been like that. I want to see the Flip that knocked Ovechkin on his ass and crashes the net. Perhaps he was hurt?

#46 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

^ I could see him getting a short deal for a modest raise to see if this season or last season was the fluke.To all the doofuses who think that we didn't lose anything with Flip getting injured, he was the difference in game 7 against Anahiem and he could have easily been the difference in this game. If it wasn't for that jackass Shaw, we could be celebrating right now. Flip was far from consistent and far from great, but he made some key contributions, and that can't be denied.

So, what about games 5 and 6 when we also had a chance to close up shop on the Hawks season?
-Elliot...does not panic.

#47 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

My biggest issue came in tonight's handshake line. Franzen was smiling. Maybe I am looking too much into things, but after a game 7 loss in OT, iis a player who is gonna smile at the end the kind of player we wanna see on this team? That to me screams "I don't care"

#48 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

My biggest issue came in tonight's handshake line. Franzen was smiling. Maybe I am looking too much into things, but after a game 7 loss in OT, iis a player who is gonna smile at the end the kind of player we wanna see on this team? That to me screams "I don't care"

Makes you wonder if putting him in the press box a few times during the season would have maybe ignited him to be the player he was in 2008...probably not, but if I were Holland I would seriously consider buying him out.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#49 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Makes you wonder if putting him in the press box a few times during the season would have maybe ignited him to be the player he was in 2008...probably not, but if I were Holland I would seriously consider buying him out.

God I hope so. Bit it won't happen.

#50 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Oh Fil... 

Meh.  See ya. 

#51 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

Has anyone considered that Filpulla might not actually want to play for Detroit anymore? He has that choice now.

He'd look great in Anaheim centering Selanne and Etem. Temmu loves him, and he already has
Mad chemistry with Etem ;)

Edited by rick zombo, 29 May 2013 - 11:46 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Has anyone considered that Filpulla might not actually want to play for Detroit anymore? He has that choice now.

He'd look great in Anaheim centering Selanne and Etem. Temmu loves him, and he already has
Mad chemistry with Etem ;)

I think he needs a change of scenery, for both him and the Wings.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#53 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

No way he worth anything near the rumoured 5 million he is asking. I'm fine with moving on without him but just to let him walk for nothing is dumb. He wasnt traded during the season, can negotiating rights be traded to someone so we can get soemthing in return?

#54 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

He is easily replacable. I know he gets points but it seems like he kills any offensive momentum. Is like to see a scoring winger and a new center brought in.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#55 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,464 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

He'd look great in Anaheim centering Selanne and Etem. Teemu loves him, and he already has  mad chemistry with Etem ;)

Flip will become a "Wing Killer" where ever he goes.  That's what our former players do, ya know.  :lol:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#56 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Wherever he decides to sign, I wish him luck and success. It didn't work out in Detroit for him so time to give some young guys a chance OR and that would be my option get Clarkson at around 4 - 4,5 per. Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#57 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Don't really want Fil back regardless of the cost because he just doesn't fit what the Red Wings need.

The top-six needs a serious upgrade starting primarily by adding a winger with size that can score goals consistently. Clarkson and Horton come to mind as free agent possibilities. What do the Red Wings have to rely on besides Pavel and Z on the top two lines right now? Franzen is a joke, but not going anywhere. Filppula and Cleary are likely gone. Abby improved a ton, but he isn't a first line player on a championship team. Maybe you get production in larger roles from Nyquist, Tatar and Brunner but even that isn't a certainty right away. 

Kenny needs to make a splash up front via free agency or through a trade. Need some talent and size injected on the skill lines.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#58 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

https://twitter.com/...173387731202048

On #MvsW, @cotsonika says the #Bruins were hot for Valtteri Filppula and Dan Cleary at the trade deadline. #RedWings

#59 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Filppula will be in Vancouver centering the second line with Kessler on wing. That will be a dangerous line.

#60 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Filppula will be in Vancouver centering the second line with Kessler on wing. That will be a dangerous line.

They better clear some major cap-space if they plan on over-spending for Filpulla.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"