• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

Rate this topic

Wow, don't know if I can handle another 40 mins of this ... great game 7! Howie bailing us out in the 1st like he did in previous game. Let's put in a good 2nd and get a 2 goal lead, ride it into the 3rd, and call it a night!

Edited by RedWingsRox

So, what I am hearing from Pierre analysis... Shaw thugging it up at our bench and injuring Flip and trying to hurt Z is ok, good non call. Interference on Wings... good call.

So, what I am hearing from Pierre analysis... Shaw thugging it up at our bench and injuring Flip and trying to hurt Z is ok, good non call. Interference on Wings... good call.

Sounds about right.

The Wings have battled against the refs for a long, long time; they should be able to overcome it by now. We all know that when the Wings we know and love show up, nothing can stop them. Our boys are just flat-out tired. 2 7-game series is tough. None of these games has been easy for them.

What about Shaw's trip on Ericcson at the blue line that set that whole sequence up??

This exactly!! I have absolutely no problem with the emmeton penalty, because well it's a penalty. But big E clearly got tripped up at the line which created the 3 on 2 and that penalty. I'm not saying the Chicago guy did it on purpose but regardless it's a penalty. You can see it as just oh well missed call, but that clearly led to the wings penalty

Not that I doubt Q knew about Fil getting hurt, since he probably ordered the hit on him by Shaw, but Pierre just going ahead and telling him during interview just in case he didn't notice.

Also, pre game they show highlights and there was a distinct Sharp grabbing Ericcsson's whole left side and stick during a forecheck play from a previous game that was obviously not called a penalty.

Grapes furious about Flip. More the benches shouldn't be on the same side. If the benches were apart, this stuff wouldn't happen. Let's not hold players accountable - it's the arena's fault for being set up improperly. *sigh*