Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

WCSF Game 7 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 2 OT (CHI wins series, 4-3)

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

#961 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I fail to see how being disappointed about losing a series in which we were up 3-1 is whining or entitlement.

Maybe we weren't supposed to make playoffs, but once we're up by that much, we were supposed to win.

I'm not angry or calling for anyone's head, I'm just deflated. This shouldn't have happened, upstart or not.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#962 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Roller coaster of a season..tough way to go down..learned alot about our young guys..feel like we may just be a couple pieces away . Jimmy is top notch and love watching that guy.  Signing off for a while..too hard to listen to the GMRWings types around here who complain about everything.. Have a good summer to the real fans out there.  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#963 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Gah, I think when the series was that close for the Wings it makes this loss even worse. Even if they "shouldn't" have gotten this far. To watch it slip from your grasp sucks.

Very bummed right now, especially after a deflection goal like that. The one thing I don't want to hear tomorrow is how the Blackhawks deserved to win because of the penalty at the end of the game.

All in all, can't wait for next season!

Posted Image

#964 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Congrats to the Blackhawks, but also to the Wings. What a season ending with a lucky OT-Goal in Game 7. I'm pretty exited to see what they can do next season with what is hopefully a stronger rooster. Let's GO Wings !

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#965 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Something needs to be done with Franzen here.

I expect Datsyuk, Kronwall and Zetterberg to return (despite their s***ty series), but Franzen is not immune.  I don't think.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#966 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Filppula and Cleary both had a terrible series. But the team still could have won.

Except for Howard, what veterans didn't?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#967 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Because he's not Lidstrom, and every defenseman who is not Nick makes mistake sometimes. That said, this was simply a very bad bounce.

I know I know I just thought that was his best play because he was so flat footed that he just started backing in right on top of jimmy! Kronner is a hell of a d-man and I don't fault him for anything that happened

#968 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Filppula and Cleary both had a terrible series. But the team still could have won.

Wasn't Cleary the leader in points this series?

#969 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

I'm not as mad as I thought I would be. Didn't really deserve to win this series. Get better in the offseason I think the team is only going to get better from here on

I think they need to get stronger. Not necessarily bigger, just stronger on the puck and more guys who fight into the middle of the ice. These guys have some real good talent imo. If we had a legit top 6, an effective Filpulla and 35 goal scoring Franzen, we definitely would be in Round 3. 

#970 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Once helm is healthy we will be fast as f*** in the East.

#971 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Hurts like hell  ... we were so close but just couldn't get it done!

#972 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Thought that was definitely boarding on Bolland, but typical NHL officiating making calls based on the situation. Absolutely brutal job all series on the refs end and not just sour grapes.

This stings tonight because the Wings were up 3-1 and had a chance to eliminate the Blackhawks. I'm still very proud of the Red Wings. This playoff run was a blast. Can't wait for the future in the East.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#973 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

I wish Datsyuk got into as many good positions as Cleary did in this series.  Guy busted his ass out there.  

Then again, nobody ever covers Cleary.   ;)

#974 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,185 posts

I don't know why he just didn't stick his stick out for a poke check. Puck probably goes out of play

Not sure.  s*** happens i guess.  Time to let some guys go and make space for Tatar and Co.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#975 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,666 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Funny that Filppula's last shift as a Wing might be something only less comical than Kopecky's last shift with the Wings.  

#976 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

I fail to see how being disappointed about losing a series in which we were up 3-1 is whining or entitlement.

Maybe we weren't supposed to make playoffs, but once we're up by that much, we were supposed to win.

I'm not angry or calling for anyone's head, I'm just deflated. This shouldn't have happened, upstart or not.

There's no "supposed to" in professional sports.

#977 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

I'm not for resigning Cleary for our bottom 6 just because you know Babcock will move him to our top 6.

#978 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Don Cherry - Lovely play... lovely hit by Bolland here, doesn't get called for boarding. Lovely hit

Uh... if you have to reference the fact he didnt get called for boarding... is it really a good, clean hit?  Hmm.. ok lol

Posted Image

#979 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,750 posts

Congrats to the Blackhawks, but also to the Wings. What a season ending with a lucky OT-Goal in Game 7. I'm pretty exited to see what they can do next season with what is hopefully a stronger rooster. Let's GO Wings !

What the ? They are our archnemesis you don't congratulate them, I'd love nothing more than te Kings beating the crap out of this stupid team, I hate them. Too bad the Kings traded Westgarth because Bickel and Shaw would be in for a long overdue healthy fist of reality

f*** YOU hawks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#980 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

I don't know, but almost all of his points were on extremely secondary assists.