• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SwedeLundin77

Players of Interest

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_begin_exploratory_ta.html

So it appears we are exploring the following forward options:

1. Stephen Weiss

2. Mike Ribiero

3. Matt Cullen

4. Jerome Iginla

And on defense:

1. Andrew Ference

2. Marek Zidlicky

The thought is that if they acquire a defensemen this off-season, Quincey will probably be dealt. I'm sure this is music to many ears, if winding up true. I'm not sure I'd like Zidlicky, but I do like the idea of Ference, being that he is a steady stay at home that could mentor some of the youth. I'd like him over Quincey for sure.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Ference - Smith

Lashoff

ill take weiss for the same contract vinny got. the rest, nahh... well maybe iginla if hes cheap and short term.

In terms of whats out there, Weiss is honestly the best option to replace Filppula as the 2nd line center for the long term. As someone mentioned here, a line combo of Nyquist/Weiss/Brunner would be too fast to handle.

If the guy actually stays healthy, he can be a lethal playmaker and scorer.

Again, I just question his health.

Ference is a solid, physical defenseman but he's packing quite a lot of mileage under him. Would be a good signing however he will be by far the most sought after defenseman and will probably go for over 4.5M-6M.

If we could sign both (Weiss long term, Ference 2-3 years), I'd be quite content.

But yeah, chances are we land neither and reach out to Jason Williams for another run

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest The Axe

The players mentioned are all NO HELP.

Holland, just go golf.

Come back in March and get Vanek and Kopitar at the deadline.

The players mentioned are all NO HELP.

Holland, just go golf.

Come back in March and get Vanek and Kopitar at the deadline.

Kopitar is a King for life and Vanek would take key pieces of our current core to acquire. Considering how much of a pincher Holland is, no way we land him.

Guest The Axe

Kopitar is a King for life and Vanek would take key pieces of our current core to acquire. Considering how much of a pincher Holland is, no way we land him.

Youre right. Sighhhhhh

Guest DeGraa55

What? Not following what you're trying to say here...

Read

Yay

If there is no trades

Our team will be worse

Cool

If you think about the Wings cannot get Weiss if they sign Cleary or Brunner. The Wings have 10 million in space, assume on the low end Nyquest, Anderson and Smith eat up 5 mllion. That's 5 million left, basically what Weiss will cost. The Wings cannot let Brunner walk, it would be like throwing away a top 10 draft pick, the guy can and will be a 30+ a year goal scorer. DO NOT LET BRUNNER GO.

Get rid of Tootoo or Sammy (buyout or trade), and they can afford Brunner, Weiss, Anderson, Smith and Nyquist. GETTER DONE KENNY.

Guest mjtm77

Yay if there is no trades our team will be worse. Cool.

What? Not following what you're trying to say here...

The free agent crop sucks and no matter what we do we will be worse than this year. Unless we make a trade. Do you follow??

The only player on that list who COULD help is Ference other than that, all are meh at best. Weiss is another undersized smallish center who doesn't fill a need for the Wings, Iginla and the others are over the hill or just not good enough to help return the Wings to glory. Just signing meh UFAs for the sake of it is not being smart.

Guest DeGraa55

The only player on that list who COULD help is Ference other than that, all are meh at best. Weiss is another undersized smallish center who doesn't fill a need for the Wings, Iginla and the others are over the hill or just not good enough to help return the Wings to glory. Just signing meh UFAs for the sake of it is not being smart.

But we NEEDED Sammy and cola don't you get it? They carried this team.

Wouldn't mind Ference over Quincey short term but I just don't see how we can give Ference a competitive UFA offer when he is already 34 and will want a 4-5 year deal likely (not many UFAs are looking for short term deals). Zidlicky is already 36 but he is a RHD that can rack up points - might be alright on a 1-2 year deal at that age but again, he will want more.

I want Weiss to sign with the Red Wings. Really the only one of the bunch I would be disappointed not to get. I would rather pursue Clowe than Iginla if the Wings are going the winger route instead of center.

Ference would be nice, but no thanks on Zidlicky. He's atrocious defensively. Could have just held on to Colaiacovo for less money.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/red_wings_begin_exploratory_ta.html

So it appears we are exploring the following forward options:

1. Stephen Weiss

2. Mike Ribiero

3. Matt Cullen

4. Jerome Iginla

And on defense:

1. Andrew Ference

2. Marek Zidlicky

The thought is that if they acquire a defensemen this off-season, Quincey will probably be dealt. I'm sure this is music to many ears, if winding up true. I'm not sure I'd like Zidlicky, but I do like the idea of Ference, being that he is a steady stay at home that could mentor some of the youth. I'd like him over Quincey for sure.

Kronwall - Ericsson

Kindl - DeKeyser

Ference - Smith

Lashoff

If this is allwe have to choose from then we're in trouble :eh:

Guest The Axe

If this is allwe have to choose from then we're in trouble :eh:

Yah. I choose Brunner, Cleary, and Flip over those chumps.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

I think Weiss would be No. 1 option for Detroit but Bozak in there as well.. Wings still talking to Fil as well...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Lots of teams reached out on Alfredsson and while Boston is most aggressive, Detroit was among teams that also called (Swedish connections)

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m

I think Weiss would be No. 1 option for Detroit but Bozak in there as well.. Wings still talking to Fil as well...

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

Lots of teams reached out on Alfredsson and while Boston is most aggressive, Detroit was among teams that also called (Swedish connections)

I hope Val stays a Wing. He's been here since he was a little Flipling, as my friend says.

And I can't picture Alfie here, but the Swedish Connection might influence that. Surely he'd pick Motown over Beantown, if it came to that. I hope. :)