• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#1 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

No this isn't an overreaction thread. I'm just wondering what is everyone's thoughts right now?

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and cola which are positive.

Gain Alfie and Weiss. So as of right now we are a worse team from last year.

Then to top it all off we could of had a much better player in fil for 5m or Vinny for 4.5m but we got stuck with Weiss for just over 4m?

Then the best part is bobby Ryan got traded for almost nothing. Nyquist, a 1st, and what any other younger prospect not named mantha, Sproul, oullet, mrazek and it would've been a done deal. Youre talking a no brainer of a deal. Ana gave him him for almost nothing they could be got so much more.

So I ask unless there's a more trades or signings(cleary makes us worse) what are everyone's reactions and thoughts right now.

Mine is I'm quite mad. Holland continues to let us down. And THE ONLY wah I see us making the playoffs is we need DAT z kronwall ericsson and Howard to play like like they did this year. As well as guys like Nyquist Anderson Tatar smith and dekeyser need to play major roles as well.

Edited by DeGraa55, 05 July 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#2 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hate to be a downer but the Wings still have Sammy.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

How do you figure Detroit has lost Sammuelsson?

I'm happy with where things stand. I wasn't crazy about the Alfredsson signing, but if he's a replacement for Cleary then I'm all for it. I'm very happy about the Weiss signing as he was my free agent target out of the gate. Obviously, some other things will need to fall into place as Detroit - for all intents and purposes - has 16 forwards. 

Interesting days ahead, I imagine.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

Weiss is better and cheaper than Fil.

If Alfie replaces Cleary, upgrade!

If Alfie Replaces Abby who replaces Cleary Upgrade.

Tatar = Brunner (IMO, will eventually be better).

IMO, the Wings are better than they were at the beginning of game 7 against CHI!

And the D will be better, Dekeyser will be here all year, top 4 is going to be good for a few years now.

Kronner will lead this D (captain it not necessarily scoring, though he probably will lead scoring wise too!)

Edited by Opie, 05 July 2013 - 02:50 PM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#5 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

We are better than we were last year. Alfredsson and Weiss are better than Filppula and Cleary.

Posted Image

#6 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

You think Brunner and Fil > Alfie and Weiss?  I dunno about that one.  I would have liked to hang on to Brunner, but Alfie is a low risk signing and Weiss is a very good player. 

When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#7 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Sorry fixed my mental effort meant cola.

#8 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Weiss is better and cheaper than Fil.

If Alfie replaces Cleary, upgrade!

If Alfie Replaces Abby who replaces Cleary Upgrade.

Tatar = Brunner (IMO, will eventually be better).

IMO, the Wings are better than they were at the beginning of game 7 against CHI!

Pretty much this, I'm very happy by the start of the free agency period and I expect a trade or two to be made by Holland before it is all said and done.

#9 Petrafire

Petrafire

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

were a better team today

#10 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

So as of right now we are a worse team from last year.

No.

#11 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,829 posts

I'm not UNhappy... I'd like to see Samuelsson go away, and our RFA's locked up, though.

I think we have a more potent top 6. Should see some serious PP improvements.

Edited by Jesusberg, 05 July 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#12 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'm a lot happier this offseason than last offseason that's for sure and I was one of the only people that was "okay" with last offseason.

Posted Image

#13 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

No this isn't an overreaction thread. I'm just wondering what is everyone's thoughts right now?

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and Sammy which are positive.

Then to top it all off we could of had a much better player in fil for 5m or Vinny for 4.5m but we got stuck with Weiss for just over 4m?

Then the best part is bobby Ryan got traded for almost nothing. Nyquist, a 1st, and what any other younger prospect not named mantha, Sproul, oullet, mrazek and it would've been a done deal. Youre talking a no brainer of a deal. Ana gave him him for almost nothing they could be got so much more.

So I ask unless there's a more trades or signings(cleary makes us worse) what are everyone's reactions and thoughts right now.

Mine is I'm quite mad. Holland continues to let us down. And THE ONLY wah I see us making the playoffs is we need DAT z kronwall ericsson and Howard to play like like they did this year. As well as guys like Nyquist Anderson Tatar smith and dekeyser need to play major roles as well.

Losing Fil is a negative? He's more than had his chance to prove himself as a legit center in this league and he's coming off arguably his worst year ever.  It was painful...he floated around the ice, afraid to shoot, afraid to go to the net..fresh meat down the middle. I like Brunner, it's hard to give up goal scoring but it was brutally obvious that this guy was a 1 dimensional player..he's terrible defensively and management knows they have guys with similar goal scoring ability in the system ( Gus and Tatar)  Alfie is a low risk high reward for 1 season..nothing wrong with that move at all.  We are super deep up front and have lots of pieces to trade.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#14 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Let's look at our team. We lose fil and Brunner which are negatives. Lose cleary and Sammy which are positive.

I'm not 100% thrilled or 100% pissed.  Everything isn't over and done with yet, though.  So, we'll see when the dust settles.  However, the above post is simply ridiculous pretty much all around..... and CLEARLY belongs in the overreaction thread.

#15 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

We are better than we were last year. Alfredsson and Weiss are better than Filppula and Cleary.

You forgot Brunner and no.

Fil>Weiss
Cleary and Brunner>Alfie.

#16 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

This is ridiculous. THere is NO DOUBT that the Wings will be icing a better team this season with the moves Kenny has made today. He has given Babs many different options, which is what successful teams need. Even the guys on tsn think the Wings have made moves to put them into the favorites category along with a couple other teams. Quit acting like spoiled brats.

#17 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Fil>Weiss

Was that sarcasm?

#18 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I want to see Helm & Dekeyser play a full season. Those two will be huge additions we didn't have in the playoffs. I don't mind the additions we made today. I think we all agree Weiss is better than Fil. I don't know why but I can care less about Fil leaving. And add our young guys in the mix and of course Howard you cannot say we're not a better team. I'm actually really excited.

#19 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

I think I'm satisfied. I was up in arms at first with Alfredsson but then realizing that Cleary is gone it's not so bad. Weiss is better than Fil statistically, and we have a group of young guys moving up. Samuelsson will likely be traded or waived before the season starts I would expect. 

#20 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Fil>Weiss

Brunner could still sign here. Either way, Tatar is as good and could be better than Brunner.

Posted Image