30 replies to this topic

#1 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Per @TSNBobMcKenzie

MIN trades Devin Setoguchi to WPG for a draft pick.

WPG sends 2nd round pick in 2014 to MIN for Devin Setoguchi.

Edited by Danielsm, 05 July 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#2 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

haha i was just gonna post this as a new topic!

good for the Jets. 

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I woulda taken him here for a 2nd damn...

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

Our second prolly won't hold the same weight as their second.

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

He's a little overrated, but then again, we're the same team that traded a 1st for Quincey.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

He's a little overrated, but then again, we're the same team that traded a 1st for Quincey.  

... and headed to UFA after this season.

#7 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

:bad: If I see him outside the MTS Iceplex on my way to hockey, I will politely ask him not to re-sign with the Jets after next year.  He is a diving POS.

And I will not be getting the Jets channel now.  Thank god the Wings didn't get Ribiero cause I wouldn't even watch hockey next year.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#8 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,468 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

zing

#9 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

Quincey was an upcoming RFA. He was guaranteed to be re-signed. Setoguchi is an upcoming UFA.

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Quincey was an upcoming RFA. He was guaranteed to be re-signed. Setoguchi is an upcoming UFA.

Except, we could use an overrated right shooting winger more than an overrated defenseman.  Let alone a 2nd pick instead of a 1st.    

#11 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Except, we could use an overrated right shooting winger more than an overrated defenseman.  Let alone a 2nd pick instead of a 1st.    

Was Setoguchi available for a 2nd-round pick at the 2012 deadline?

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

No, but apparently he was available this time around.  

Just butthurt that some GM's can fleece others with trades, while ours got fleeced with the last big trade we made.    

#13 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:47 AM

Brunner?

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,048 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Brunner?

Is he overrated?  He had a good first season here.  Better than anyone could have expected.  I guess whether he's "overrated" will depend on how much money he gets from another team and how he performs in the future.  

It's too early to judge his potential right now, even though he's not exactly a 20 year old.

#15 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Is he overrated?  He had a good first season here.  Better than anyone could have expected.  I guess whether he's "overrated" will depend on how much money he gets from another team and how he performs in the future.  

It's too early to judge his potential right now, even though he's not exactly a 20 year old.

Just a simple matter of semantics but he had a good first half season here!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#16 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just butthurt that some GM's can fleece others with trades, while ours got fleeced with the last big trade we made.    

Let's see how he does next year before we say who fleeced who.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

Setoguchi, last I checked, was a good scorer.  A second for that is a good deal. Winnipeg has a lot of young talent already, don't they?  

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Setoguchi, last I checked, was a good scorer.  A second for that is a good deal. Winnipeg has a lot of young talent already, don't they?  

Other than one big year he's around 20G 40pts every year. He's a less physical Dan Cleary.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#19 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Do you live your whole life in hindsight? It was a bad move..didn't work out..wish we would've have done it..it's also over and there is nothing we can do. We are stuck with an inconsistent d man in Quincey, the first round pick (19th overall) turned out to be used on a Russian goalie and if you look at the 5 guys surrounding that pick on either side I wouldn't say it's filled with blue chip prospects. Moving on....

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#20 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Do you live your whole life in hindsight? It was a bad move..didn't work out..wish we would've have done it..it's also over and there is nothing we can do. We are stuck with an inconsistent d man in Quincey, the first round pick (19th overall) turned out to be used on a Russian goalie and if you look at the 5 guys surrounding that pick on either side I wouldn't say it's filled with blue chip prospects. Moving on....

Do you live your whole life believing the LGW hype without any change of mind?

Quincey is Good. Newsflash: Quincey is F$#king GOOD.

He spent half the year and all the playoffs being the better defensive half of a pairing with a wide-eyed, flailing rookie on it going up against the league's best. For every goal given up and subsequent "Smith Sucks" post, Quincey stopped 2 more.

It's time people WAKE the F#&k up and realize we have 6 good to really good defensemen right now. Are any of them Norris contenders? No. But we might have the best all around D corps in the league. That last playoff run was a real eye opener for me. Are you going to bash our guys all the way up to the hoisting the cup point in time???

Edited by The Axe, 11 July 2013 - 11:58 AM.