• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

New NHL divisions, names, and playoff format

Rate this topic

Lol. It's the same

I think kylee means the realignment that was shot down by the PA before the lockout. In which case, no, they weren't the same at all. Detroit was still in the West in the pre-lockout proposal.

Pre-lockout proposal, rejected by NHLPA...

photonw.png

Post-lockout proposal, accepted & implemented as of 2013-2014...

photonm.png

I think kylee means the realignment that was shot down by the PA before the lockout. In which case, no, they weren't the same at all. Detroit was still in the West in the pre-lockout proposal.

Pre-lockout proposal, rejected by NHLPA...

photonw.png

Post-lockout proposal, accepted & implemented as of 2013-2014...

photonm.png

hmmm, my bad, I thought the pre-lockout proposal had Detroit in the East, I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the comparisons :)

The playoff format is unnecessarily complicated. I was never a fan of divisional matchups being forced on us. Or divisions at all. You don't need to play a team five times to develop a rivalry.

I think they are just trying too hard to create rivalries, although the best ones are already set. I mean wednesday is now officially rivalry day how stupid is that? Players and fans already know their opponents amd rivals, no need for the NHL trying to build one. In terms of Chicago I very sure they are going to miss their old and only original 6 rivalry soon enough.

The new playoff format just sucks but I am really looking forward to the games against Montreal, Toronto, Rangers and of course Pittsburgh.

The new playoff format just sucks but I am really looking forward to the games against Montreal, Toronto, Rangers and of course Pittsburgh.

Boston?

I am not looking forward to these games, they are going to be a bloodbath but the others should be tight and high emotional ones.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

where do they get metropolitan from? i dont get it.

and the playoff format is so confusing.

and now phoenix is the Arizona Coyotes lol

Sorry to disagree with most, but this really isn't that complicated at all. The Metropolitan Division name is dumb as hell and I don't care for the 16 teams versus 14 teams, but there's no solid way of doing it without making it 6 divisions or adding/removing 2 teams.

The playoff format makes perfect sense with what they've got. I don't mind it one bit.

Guest The Axe

Sorry to disagree with most, but this really isn't that complicated at all. The Metropolitan Division name is dumb as hell and I don't care for the 16 teams versus 14 teams, but there's no solid way of doing it without making it 6 divisions or adding/removing 2 teams.

The playoff format makes perfect sense with what they've got. I don't mind it one bit.

Florida moves to Portland. Phoenix movss to Seattle. 15 teams in each conference.

Florida moves to Portland. Phoenix movss to Seattle. 15 teams in each conference.

Not sure where Portland is coming from these days. Seattle yes, but Quebec is way ahead of Portland on the list and will likely have a team in the near future. I definitely approve of the 2 teams you want to move though.

Guest The Axe

Not sure where Portland is coming from these days. Seattle yes, but Quebec is way ahead of Portland on the list and will likely have a team in the near future. I definitely approve of the 2 teams you want to move though.

I think 32 is the magic number. Wouldnt surprise me if phoenix, seattle, and portland have teams, and florida goes to quebec.

Most people are visual. Once the NHL comes out with the old flow chart with colorful arrows, we'll all get it. :ok: