• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BottleOfSmoke

Red Wings Goal song?

Rate this topic

Rock and Roll part 2

This was one of the first ones suggested on twitter as well; Ayron pointed out that the song has a bit too much "baggage" to be appropriate. I had completely forgotten that the song was by Gary Glitter.

I myself am also a fan of the individual players' goal songs. I think it's unique and fun, although I can certainly understand the appeal of having a song that invokes utter rage in opposing teams' fans the way that Chelsea Dagger does for us...

Agreed about the Gary Glitter tune not being a good choice due to his shenanigans. I also like the individual goal songs idea. For a Chelsea Dagger alternative, Song 2 by Blur could work.

As far as individual scorers, you could have vid clips as well, like gifs on the forum. For example, for Helm, you could have Picard saying "Helm, warp (whatever the goal made the score for the Wings)... Engage! Then cue the music. I also like the idea of 2 Unlimited's Get Ready for This being brought back, since it would harken back to the end of my undergrad days. Billy Joel has to stay for the 4th goal of the night, IMHO.

After watching Office Space the other night, the Geto Boys' song Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster is definitely not a hockey song, but could definitely annoy opponents.

Agreed about the Gary Glitter tune not being a good choice due to his shenanigans. I also like the individual goal songs idea. For a Chelsea Dagger alternative, Song 2 by Blur could work.

As far as individual scorers, you could have vid clips as well, like gifs on the forum. For example, for Helm, you could have Picard saying "Helm, warp (whatever the goal made the score for the Wings)... Engage! Then cue the music. I also like the idea of 2 Unlimited's Get Ready for This being brought back, since it would harken back to the end of my undergrad days. Billy Joel has to stay for the 4th goal of the night, IMHO.

After watching Office Space the other night, the Geto Boys' song Damn It Feels Good to be a Gangster is definitely not a hockey song, but could definitely annoy opponents.

Siegfried and Roy doing something insane when Datsyuk scores

Siegfried and Roy doing something insane when Datsyuk scores

Depending on how insane, I could go with it. Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" (just the line "all you are is just a...nother brick in the wall" after 55 levels someone then cue the You Got Kronwalled chant could work.

Depending on how insane, I could go with it. Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" (just the line "all you are is just a...nother brick in the wall" after 55 levels someone then cue the You Got Kronwalled chant could work.

love it!

Franzen:

33xDD.gif

Chevelle - The Red @3:05 First thing that came to mind for me. Kind of like how the jackets would use just the beginning of Machine Head by Bush whenever the players would get on the ice (which was quite awesome btw).

http://youtu.be/_H_l4x-wFV4

I'm sure I can think of better ones, though.

Edited by Wingsfan72

faith...limp bizkit.

ok...in all reality.....imagine how insane every team would be after hearing....roxanne...you dont have to leave the red light on!

hehehehehe.

They've done that in Binghamton for the AHL team for years. Not a bad idea, but I think it's been done elsewhere too.

Chevelle - The Red @3:05 First thing that came to mind for me. Kind of like how the jackets would use just the beginning of Machine Head by Bush whenever the players would get on the ice (which was quite awesome btw).

http://youtu.be/_H_l4x-wFV4

I'm sure I can think of better ones, though.

Living in the cesspool that is C-bus, I have heard that opening music so many times. I love it, but, the problem is that it all too often it becomes the most adrenalin pumping moment of the game. The entrance. I would like for a Red Wing hat trick that they would play Cypress Hill, Insane in the brain.They are so few and far between these days.

On a side note, I would prefer an entire season of balanced high scoring than a bunch of hat tricks by 1 or 2 players.