• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#321 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:54 AM

Holland to Babs after the game... "the damn rookie scored the gwg. lets send him down and stick with veterans"

These jokes got old a long time ago.

#322 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

Howard sucks, replace him now.

As did these.

Posted Image

#323 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

As did these.

Lmao

#324 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Glad to see Tatar get a goal.  He's been our best forward for two or three games, and he finally got rewarded.  I legitimately think he'll keep getting better at the NHL level.  Not like Martin St. Louis good, but definitely Danny Briere good.  He's such a tenacious little dude, I love it.

Before injuries rattled him Briere was once more than just a good player, maybe not a star but close to it. If Tatar can develop into a younger Briere that would be fantastic but I doubt it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#325 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

So did you.

OH SNAP

If Tatar can develop into a younger Briere that would be fantastic but I doubt it.

Tatar will be bigger and better than Briere, IMHO. Or, at least, in the regular season. No one's better than Briere once was (and still is?) in the playoffs.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#326 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:36 AM

Kevin Weekes just called Matt Duchene the best player in the league right now.

He's definitely up there right now.  Kid's outta control.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#327 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

WE WIN!!! WOOHOO

got the wings coming into the arena tonight

http://instagram.com/p/gHKTHzjwkB/

Franzen's the only one too lazy not to put on a tie, do up his collar.

#328 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

I paid extra close attention to Tatar tonight. I counted he had one turnover, one lost board battle, one won board battle, two near-assists (followed by a near-goal off of Abdelkader's first near goal) and an actual goal. Plus, he was playing the body and hustling, even on the backcheck. All in all, a really great night for him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#329 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Abby was ridiculously good on the forecheck and where did he get the speed from? Need to see more of that from him. 

#330 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

Abby was ridiculously good on the forecheck and where did he get the speed from? Need to see more of that from him. 

Abby's a work ethic type of guy. I think when he see's Tatar's speed personally on his line it encourages him to find another gear to keep up and push the pace alongside Tatar rather than just allowing him to set the pace. Abby's grown on the team and his role has been increasing game after game. From something we thought was absolutely asinine, him being in the top 6; it's honestly allowed him to grow into a much more efficient role player and gave him more confidence in his shot. With his responsibilities growing it seems like he's taken it and ran with it. Now he's trying to spark lines and what not. This is all my speculation though, so who knows. The Abby-Andersson-Tatar line was very good last night though.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#331 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Yes i really liked what i saw last night out of every line. If we could just swap out gus/helm for cleary we'd be a real contender. But that goes without saying.

#332 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

"And we don't score any goals - at least not that I've seen. So let's not give up 40 shots, let's give up 20 shots, let's continue to score no goals, but let's win 2-1. How's that? Everyone think that sounds like a plan?"

http://kuklaskorner..../feisty-babcock

Don't Toews me, bro!

#333 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

As did these.

You've got me there! Haha.

Abby's a work ethic type of guy. I think when he see's Tatar's speed personally on his line it encourages him to find another gear to keep up and push the pace alongside Tatar rather than just allowing him to set the pace. Abby's grown on the team and his role has been increasing game after game. From something we thought was absolutely asinine, him being in the top 6; it's honestly allowed him to grow into a much more efficient role player and gave him more confidence in his shot. With his responsibilities growing it seems like he's taken it and ran with it. Now he's trying to spark lines and what not. This is all my speculation though, so who knows. The Abby-Andersson-Tatar line was very good last night though.

If Helm makes a successful return, then that line will be all the better. Andersson is a capable defensive player, but I don't know if he'll ever be much on offense.

#334 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

You've got me there! Haha.

If Helm makes a successful return, then that line will be all the better. Andersson is a capable defensive player, but I don't know if he'll ever be much on offense.

He's shown glimpses but I doubt there is much there offensively

#335 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

I never appreciated Alfredsson as a true hockey star. When I saw these first 14 games I easily understand why he was so beloved in Ottawa. He is an old version of Zetter with better shot. Excellent hockey IQ comparable with that of Dats.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#336 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Very good game by the whole team.Kinda got used to see them putting much better effort vs top teams in the league.The 3rd was really a joy to watch and Weiss was visible for a change ;)

It's a shame that Dats backhander from an dead angle didn't go in.He deserved to score after terrorizing the Sedins the whole game.

#337 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

1000611_10151793188584139_387415974_n.jp

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#338 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

That GWG was ridiculous.  I'd be so pissed if I was a 'Nucks fan.  Lu can't see it then Tanev let's it go instead of blocking it.  BWHAHAHA.  We needed that though.  Good win all in all.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#339 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I agree with this.

With Abby on the first line he was in Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's shadow and now that he is on a line with less talent (but just as much hard work) he stands out more, as he is forced to work a little harder and Possibly play a style of hockey he is more suited to.  

"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#340 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,228 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

1000611_10151793188584139_387415974_n.jp

Ref booty dancing?