• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ash11

Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Is there any chance of Dats playing sunday?

Oh I see we play back to back so Monday against the Canucks would be more likely...

I think Ken said during the game "maybe" Monday for Pav. Of course, he has been close for weeks now. I am to the point where I would be surprised if he's back before the Olympics.

ya nothing else makes sense at this point. certainly not a groin like everyone said in the beginning. very frustrating but why lie about it?

plus if it is a concussion he has no idea if he will play in the olympics or not.

Ya If it was a groin or muscle pull you wouldn't expect that he would be out a month (or at least played a few times here and there and re-aggregated it). From the sounds of things in the media updates he hasn't been close to a comeback and then had a setback either. If it was a foot/stress fracture I could believe that too. Not sure why they can't release the actual cause when it is clear he won't be back until its healed - this isn't the playoffs where you hide your injuries while playing injured.

I think Ken said during the game "maybe" Monday for Pav. Of course, he has been close for weeks now. I am to the point where I would be surprised if he's back before the Olympics.

i would rather him not play in the olympics. i'm really leaning towards the nhl bowing out all together and leave the olympics to the amateurs.

Ya If it was a groin or muscle pull you wouldn't expect that he would be out a month (or at least played a few times here and there and re-aggregated it). From the sounds of things in the media updates he hasn't been close to a comeback and then had a setback either. If it was a foot/stress fracture I could believe that too. Not sure why they can't release the actual cause when it is clear he won't be back until its healed - this isn't the playoffs where you hide your injuries while playing injured.

i was trying to pinpoint anything i could as well. considering he was in the shootout in the WC. it reminds me of the SC finals against pitt when he was getting a charlie horse drained and everyone was very hush hush.

He's seemed off at times this season, mostly after the Cowen elbow. Some uncharacteristically awful plays/reads. A grimace on his face here and there. That eyebrow-raising +/-. Maybe he'd been playing through residual stuff (post-Cowen) but it got to the point where he had to put on his grown up pants and say, "Look. If this head thing is going to be an ongoing and indefinite saga, and I'm going to lead the host team to Olympic Gold, and I'm going to drag this broke-ass Wings team out of the depths of mediocrity and into the playoffs, and we're going to knock off the Senators, Bruins, Penguins, and Blackhawks/Ducks/Blues/Kings...I need a break." I wouldn't hold that against him.

Nothing has indicated post-concussion symptoms. I've seen "lower-body injury", Babcock saying he's "skating on one leg", and someone on hfboards posted something about it possibly being an ankle-sprain.

I'm not sure why they've been so tight-lipped about it but I guess in this situation they don't want to give other teams any body parts to target. Hopefully he's back in action soon.

I don't like that Datsyuk's plan is: to get in a few games before the olympics. When you put it like that it sounds like he just wants the couple games in Detroit for conditioning purposes for the olympics.

It should be - Datsyuk is trying to hurry back to help detroit before the olympic break.

Either way, there's only 4 more games left before the break now, but he's been out long enough now that he's going to need every one of those games if he's going to have any semblance of conditioning for the Olympics.

He's seemed off at times this season, mostly after the Cowen elbow. Some uncharacteristically awful plays/reads. A grimace on his face here and there. That eyebrow-raising +/-. Maybe he'd been playing through residual stuff (post-Cowen) but it got to the point where he had to put on his grown up pants and say, "Look. If this head thing is going to be an ongoing and indefinite saga, and I'm going to lead the host team to Olympic Gold, and I'm going to drag this broke-ass Wings team out of the depths of mediocrity and into the playoffs, and we're going to knock off the Senators, Bruins, Penguins, and Blackhawks/Ducks/Blues/Kings...I need a break." I wouldn't hold that against him.

Yea I agree. Those first 5 or so games once he came back from the Cowen hit he was turning the puck over, making bad decisions and not dangling like he usually did. And when he tried he failed.

That said, after that I thought he was back to his old self personally. Now I don't know the extent of his injury, but it seems a bit strange for them to be like 'he'll be out a couple games' and then for them to keep saying that the past two weeks. With todays medical technology it would be easy enough to predict when a player should be able to go with a groin tear, so I doubt its that.

Either way this team needs him back pronto. Watching that Flyers game made me thoroughly depressed. At least last night was a little better effort

Guest Playmaker

If he doesn't play for the Red Wings but plays for Russia in the Olympics, he's got some splainin' to do and it would give me second thoughts on how I feel about Datsyuk. Still hypothetical at this point, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt because he's earned that.

son of a wing posted this link in the pav possibly returning thursday thread: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/02/red_wings_hopeful_pavel_datsyu.html

Other than talking about pav, the article talks about weiss nearing a return and I figured it was worth posting.

I for one look forward to his return to the game form that we signed him for.

Weiss to skate with Whalers, Griffins

Center Stephen Weiss will travel with the team to Florida and Tampa Bay in order to continue practicing.

He will skate with the Plymouth Whalers, his junior club, during the first part of the Olympic break, before NHL clubs resume practicing on Feb. 19.

“If all goes well we’d like to get him a couple games in Grand Rapids,” Holland said.

Weiss likely will play two games with the Griffins on a conditioning stint, either the weekend of Feb. 21-23 or the following weekend.

He hasn’t played since Dec. 10. He has surgery for a sports hernia on Dec. 23.

Traveling with @DetroitRedWings to Florida. Hoping to be back in the lineup tomorrow!

Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk practiced on a regular forward line Wednesday and hopes to return for their game Thursday at the Florida Panthers.

Datsyuk, out the past 14 games with a knee injury, skated with Darren Helm and Daniel Alfredsson, according to a report by Ansar Khan of MLive.com

"It wasn't bad, yeah, I can move," Datsyuk said. "Better every day. Now I skate with the team, and it's more fun and more enjoyable and more confidence."

Datsyuk, who was named Russia's captain for the 2014 Sochi Olympics, has 15 goals and 32 points in 35 games this season.

In order to activate Datsyuk from injured reserve, the Red Wings would need to make a corresponding roster move. It's expected defenseman Jakub Kindl, who won't play in either of Detroit's final two games prior to the Olympic break, would go on injured reserve if Datsyuk is ready to play.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=703882&navid=nhl:topheads

Weiss is healthy and he's ready to go first game back from the Olympics. I'm just worried about Franzen. Ansar Khan tweeted that he still hasn't skated.

Then he'll probably go on LTIR, delaying the cap hell the team will be in if they can't get rid of salary.

Considering Franzen's year as-a-whole, it's probably not terrible news for the team that he isn't skating. As an individual it's awful he is still sidelined and I would never have wished it on him or anybody else.

I'm not sure what this means, but he had 23 points in 31 games so far this year, That's on pace for 61 points in a full season, and he was red hot when he was injured, so yes it is a loss.

I'm not sure what this means, but he had 23 points in 31 games so far this year, That's on pace for 61 points in a full season, and he was red hot when he was injured, so yes it is a loss.

Yeah, but those points don't count as much because if he played hard he could score more. 28 goals from Franzen is the same as 12 from Miller because Miller works harder. Or some other stupid line of thought like that. And Hossa.

Yeah, but those points don't count as much because if he played hard he could score more. 28 goals from Franzen is the same as 12 from Miller because Miller works harder. Or some other stupid line of thought like that. And Hossa.

Haha, yeah. Franzen was not only red hot before he was injured, he was consistent for a longer period of time than be has been in years. Maybe since 09? I was ready to believe he finally shook off the ridiculous degree of streakiness.