• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Trade deadline fast approaching - who should we target?

Rate this topic

Realistic targets I'd go for are Steve ott and mark Stuart (can't see us doing a blockbuster deal)

I know it won't happen since we're in the same division and it's too soon to give up on Weiss but I'd consider offering Weiss +for kadri and gardiner(who are 2 players constantly involved in rumors)

What I'd consider putting in a deal (Any picks minus our 1st) prospects Ferraro, almquist,Paterson,Jensen And bertuzzi Samuelson cleary kindl eaves tootoo

Who do you think e wings should target? Or should we just stay put? Maybe just get rid of players for picks?

Well.

The source is eklund.

So take that how you will.

But apparently the wings are going hard after vanek.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=57550

If its true, the first round pick will be gone for sure in the package, as well as a kid, or two...

I'm just curious to see what they're offering, and if the fact that hell be a rental will bring the value down enough.

I would sacrifice our 1st for Vanek. If there is any season that we do not need our 1st, it's this season. I do not like him as a rental though. IF Holland can indeed score him off the Island, then he needs to re-sign ASAP. He needs to become the #1 priority and give him Z and D money for 8 years. This guy can a will be the closest thing to Hossa we have had since....well, Hossa. If we need to include Nyquist and Jarnkrok, do it!

Nyquist, Jarnkrok, 1st rounder...can and should get that deal done...if you need to throw in an established NHL player, throw Andersson in.

I would sacrifice our 1st for Vanek. If there is any season that we do not need our 1st, it's this season. I do not like him as a rental though. IF Holland can indeed score him off the Island, then he needs to re-sign ASAP. He needs to become the #1 priority and give him Z and D money for 8 years. This guy can a will be the closest thing to Hossa we have had since....well, Hossa. If we need to include Nyquist and Jarnkrok, do it!

Nyquist, Jarnkrok, 1st rounder...can and should get that deal done...if you need to throw in an established NHL player, throw Andersson in.

Agreed.

But hes not resigning with the islanders for a reason, I wonder if he'd withhold resigning with us for the same thing.

There's A lot of talk that he'd end up in Minnesota, but I think he wants to test free agency once, just to have everyone come after him.

If that's the case he won't be a wing...

I don't see us trading for him as a rental unless its for a bunch of spare parts, and some hit or miss type guys like frk or Ferraro, AND the isles are just doing it to get something before he leaves for nothing.

Edit:

I can't see us giving up our #1pick this year if he doesn't resign.

Maybe a conditional 1st that changes to a 2nd, or even a 3rd if he doesn't resign with us long term.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

No way in hell would i give up nyquist jarnkrok and a potential top 10 pick for vanek who can just walk way at seasons end .... Might be different if we were a top 5 team this year but we're not

andy for steve ott

franzen for kane

kindl + 2ndt for giradi

:thumbup:

no moves will be made though

Ferraro and a 3rd for ott? Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Doubt Holland makes a deal. He'd have to get creative with cap space and roster size and I just don't see anything from him the past few years that tells me he'd do anything. He'll work the phones, say that Weiss and Datsyuk are our deadline pickups and be done with it.

That said, if Ott or Stuart were somehow brought in it'd be great. Vanek.... that'd be a dream, not gonna happen.

If Franzen is out long-term, then I think you have to consider adding a goal scorer. I don't know if that's worth the price or completely necessary though if you keep getting production from the young guys and the Euro Twins return. Since Bertuzzi and Cleary have been the primary "net-front presence" on the PP, it might be prudent to pursue a viable option for that role since those two were/are entirely ineffective. Ideally not Steve Ott -- Justin Abdelkader is a better version of Ott already and Ott will require giving up assets.

Once the dead weight comes off the books this summer, I believe the biggest need is finding a puck-moving d-man that can give the Wings more offense from back there. I haven't really looked at the potential free agent names, but Holland might have to get creative and make a trade using some prospects.

Edited by GoWings1905

that is why I said he needs to guarantee to re-sign here. I also would not give up any of our future for a couple month rental. I also need to correct myself, I mistakenly included Jarnkrok in that scenario and I meant to put Pulkkinen... Jarnkrok in my opinion, will see time on our roster next season and be a mainstay in 15-16.

one or two right handers and or a right handed Power play QB.

A true powerfoward with scoring touch like bert in the old days when he was a stud.

Another russian player for the benefit of datsyuk.

I have no names just ideas.

I don't think we should make any move unless its for a dman or winger that is locked up. I'm not sure we are cup contenders so as awesome as it sounds to have Vanek, I think about losing him to free agency most likely so why even do it.

Hell no. Vanek is 30 year old winger on a fat contract.. There is no way I'd make that trade even if they could make it work cap wise. In another year or two Nyquist is going to be as good, maybe better because he's already more defensively responsible than Vanek.

Vanek is the guy I want.

But I feel if Kenny were to get away with saying that Nyquist and Tatar are untouchable, the conversation turns into either Sheahan or Jurco with 2 other pieces. Probably one of the D in Grand Rapids and a 1st.

Am I in the ballpark with that?

if I am buying a rental property for the playoffs, then I am offering Edmonton a pick for Ryan Smyth. Especially if Franzen is out for the season.

Not out 1st pick have you, but a 3rd maybe...not unless they'd be interested in Andersson...

Hell, if we're talking rentals? Jaromir Jagr, come on down...

Well.

The source is eklund.

So take that how you will.

But apparently the wings are going hard after vanek.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=57550

If its true, the first round pick will be gone for sure in the package, as well as a kid, or two...

I'm just curious to see what they're offering, and if the fact that hell be a rental will bring the value down enough.

If Eklund posted it considering his history and accuracy rating, i'd say it's now more likely to never happen because Eklund posted it. Zero credibility, he's a speculator, not a reporter. I know you stated "the source is Eklund" i'm just further validating how ridiculous some of his posts are.

Mark Stuart is intriguing, and I wouldn't mind Ott either as that rumor has been floating around a bit on numerous sites.

I anticipate something incredibly minor as it's been previous seasons, like a depth defensemen of sorts that plays 10 games a season.

Holland didn't even make trades when we had cap space and need. He didn't even make a trade when Lidstrom was on his last legs.

If anything, we should explore the option of being sellers at the deadline. Alfie, Franzen and maybe Andersson or Kindl/Smith.

Add Quincey to that list, some team has to be desperate enough to take him late in the season to make a push

Add Quincey to that list, some team has to be desperate enough to take him late in the season to make a push

Yeah, I guess. I forgot about him. Hard to envision anyone wanting him even for a 2nd round pick.

Let alone the 1st that Yzerman fleeced Kenny boy with.

Doubt Kenny trades Alfie after he ditched Ottawa for us .... If anything we should of went for jagr instead of Alfie

Alfie has been great. 32 points in 40 games, where Jagr has 44 in 53. Essentially the same pace offensively and maybe most importantly Alfie gives the Red Wings a right-handed shot.