Photo
- - - - -

What's wrong with Pasha? (Mod warning post #57)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Does anyone know what Pavel's injury is?  MCL? Meniscus? 

#2 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

There are those who don't think he's injured at all. Or at least, he's healthy enough to be playing right now, but he's saving himself for Mother Russia.

#3 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

There are those who don't think he's injured at all. Or at least, he's healthy enough to be playing right now, but he's saving himself for Mother Russia.

You believe that?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#4 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

No, absolutely not, but you can read all about it in the injury thread.

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Datsyuk will miss his 12th consecutive game due to an unspecified lower-body injury. He practiced again on Thursday, after which coach Mike Babcock said, “He was still one-leg skating today.”

Per Khan. 1/30/14 on MLive.

Since it's an "unspecified lower-body injury", I'm guessing toothache, ear infection, or dandruff.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#6 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

The conspiracy grows:

http://slam.canoe.ca...1/21440396.html

#7 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,244 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

That article is pointless. He has an injury. If I remember, this happened after he did something to his knee in a game. They never said as much, but I think I remember seeing it happen and thinking that had to be an injury. Next thing we hear is "lower body injury."

The fact that anyone Is doubting Pasha sickens me. He's never given us a reason to doubt, and no other player fakes an injury to play in the Olympics. Why would he?

Datsyuk is a professional. He put off playing in Russia for AT LEAST four more years.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#8 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

If he doesn't play any games before the Olympics he shouldn't be allowed to go

#9 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

I don't understand how people really think Pasha would rather go to the Olympics in "non game shape" and a month + off instead of playing and going in "in game shape."

Pavel Datsyuk would want to go into the Olympics at the top of his game and full steam, not go in after not playing a month plus. So no I don't buy the crap that he is faking an injury.

I do believe he wants to make sure he is a 100% healthy before he plays so that he doesn't end up hurt again in a week and miss another month.

#10 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Well, it would help if he and or the Red Wings would just say what his injury is.  

#11 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

That article is pointless.

I don't know about "pointless".

The OP asked what was wrong with Pavel, the link suggested undisclosed lower body injury ... thereby answering the question.

The link also stated that:

1 - he has every intention of going to Sochi

2 - he cannot play for the Red Wings as of yet.

3 - a direct quote from Ken Holland of: "I don’t believe I have the authority or the power to prevent someone from going to the Olympics.”

#12 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Don't rush the guy.After Franzen's case of early comeback I'd rather want to see Pavs taking extra time to recover.

#13 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

http://www.detroitne...close-returning

What complicates the matter for Datsyuk further is the fact he is the captain for the Russian national team for the rapidly approaching Winter Olympics. The tournament is something Datsyuk has eagerly waited for. He insists he will not miss the Olympics.

But they’re now a little more than two weeks away.

“It would help if I play a few games before the Olympics, come back and (help) conditioning-wise and speedwise,” Datsyuk said. “I just have two weeks and we’re doing everything to help.”

What busts my nuggets is that Datsyuk considers playing for the Wings before the olympics as a "conditioning" exercise in order to be ready for the olympics (which he insists on playing in even with the injury). Detroit really needs him too just as his country does but he is only contemplating playing injured for Russia. While I agree that he is injured - I just don't like that he will risk himself in Russia with this injury and potentially put himself out of Detroit longer as a result. I would hope that Detroit would be at least as important to him and not just a conditioning opportunity at this point. Maybe the language barrier makes this quote seem worse than what Datsyuk intended to say so I might be overreacting. 

#14 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Between being the captain and having his home country hosting, you know the Olympics are on his mind.  They only happen every four years. 

No one is asking if he wants to get healthy and play with the Red Wings.  That's just a given.  It will happen whether it happens this week or next month.

The reporters are asking about the imminent Olympics.  This is what he is answering questions about.

I think that if the Olympics weren't this year, he'd be getting fewer interviews and the questions (and his answers) would be more centered around the Wings.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

If he doesn't play any games before the Olympics he shouldn't be allowed to go

This isn't the all star game.

3 - a direct quote from Ken Holland of: "I don’t believe I have the authority or the power to prevent someone from going to the Olympics.”

You also have to consider the context of the questions people are answering.

It's frickin Pavel Datsyuk.  The man has earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

Edited by rrasco, 02 February 2014 - 12:06 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#16 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:34 AM

This isn't the all star game.

You also have to consider the context of the questions people are answering.

It's frickin Pavel Datsyuk.  The man has earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion.

no it's his employer

#17 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:21 AM

Can't really believe you guys are questioning him...

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#18 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

"Hopefully I can get healthy soon so I can play for my team again and maybe be 100% ready to represent my country as a C in the Olympics"

Is not

"Hopefully I can use my team as secondary conditioning so I can play well in the Olympics, the only thing I, Pavel Datsyuk, care about."

Pavs has given us his utmost loyalty and dedication for over a decade, I think we as fans should return the favor and not assume he's turning his back on us at the drop of hat.

This is Datsyuk were talking about. One of the classiest and most respected men to ever make magic.

How dare we judge him.

Edited by number9, 02 February 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#19 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

If you don't think he'd be out there if he could be playing, you don't give him very much credit.  And if It's a knee, that is a very tricky game to play.   Take your time, honey...we'll cheer like hell when you get back.

Posted Image

#20 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

We get he's injured. It's just frustrating for us if he's not "heathy" enough for us but is "heathy" right when Sochi starts. Anyway it's pavel Datsyuk I respect the man so I'm ok with it. The ONLY thing is olimpics are deff on his mind over the redwings. Can we blame him?
Posted Image