• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

1,601 posts in this topic

Who's gonna stay up late and watch the Sweden game with me tonight?

HEJA SVERIGE!!!!!

I wish I could, but unfortunately I am required to be at work tomorrow. Though calling in "tired" could be funny, but a dead giveaway.

Who's gonna stay up late and watch the Sweden game with me tonight?

HEJA SVERIGE!!!!!

It is on 9am in my neck of the woods. I'm gonna try to drag my ass out of bed for it (yay midterm break!)

It is on 9am in my neck of the woods. I'm gonna try to drag my ass out of bed for it (yay midterm break!)

9am where you at? Tuscany? Lol! It's a 1pm game in Sochi so that means it's a...drumroll please...1am start time here! I'm gonna go to bed now and get a couple hours of sleep ugh.

Malkin has been great for Russia. Whenever he has the puck he is making things happen. Ovechkin and Semin have destroyed that line, Ovi isf****** a terrible player other then scoring goals. I think Datsyuk line should be the 1st line and getting more minutes at this point.

Agreed, Malkin has tried to make things happen, Ovechkin has just coasted around waiting for the puck to come to him. Semin? I haven't even heard the guys name in commentary. I'd dump Ovi to the 3rd line and just roll him out for the PP.

The names of some of these Sloveniakians are amazing

ROK TICAR

And the coach is apparently Anze's dad and his name is MattJazzhands

Get it together Sweden

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

I'm so conflicted in this game. The Wings all play for Sweden but its so hard to cheer against Slovenia who are easily the cinderella team of this tournament.

Namingway likes this

sweden does not look that good my pick for the gold is the winner of USA/Canada, naturally that will be USA :)

Huge respect for Slovenia they are playing very well against a top 4 powerhouse. Sweden even with all the injuries should be able too dominate them, so far it's an evenly matched game wow

Huge respect for Slovenia they are playing very well against a top 4 powerhouse. Sweden even with all the injuries should be able too dominate them, so far it's an evenly matched game wow

You know, that's how I felt about Norway. Lost to Canada 1-3 and were really close with Russia for the most part of the game, well, at least till the last couple mins :P

if I am an opponent of sweden, the game plan would be to play physical and dare the refs to make the call. Latvia and SLovenia have targeted karlsson physically and have caused multiple mistakes. King Henrik may be the equalizer, but without the other sedin and zetterberg they don't have as much firepower.

@cotsonika: Babcock pointed out back-to-backs are tough for smaller countries because of depth. Sweden pulled away on Slovenia in third. Factor tonight?

@cotsonika: Babcock pointed out back-to-backs are tough for smaller countries because of depth. Sweden pulled away on Slovenia in third. Factor tonight?

Brian Engblom also mentioned it during the broadcast, I definitely think there is some merit to that fact, especially when teams may be so shallow. Also, you have to consider the emotional drain/celebration latvia had to win that game, could go two ways nothing to lose (they tighten their D system and score when they need to) could possibly result in a close game or they are simply happy to get past the Swiss(which will have begging for mercy and being run over by Canada).

Edited by cnot19