• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Listening to Glen Healy doing commentary during this Russia/Norway game is excrutiating.

He's referred to a guy with a 30 goal NHL season as having non-existant goal scoring abilities.

He has a few times attempted and hilariously failed to use the word Ironic in a sentence.

He's beyond disrespectful of anything to do with the KHL Players. At one point he suggested getting a NHL Center Ice Package for their teams management so they can see some games played at an NHL level.

And he also makes bold predictions like, "The Ice will get worse as we get later into the period"

Even Eddie O would be better.

Was he talking about Kulemin? I watched a bit of the game and remembering hearing it. I know he mentioned Kulemin as one of the many players that wouldn't be on the PP in the NHL. If it is Kulemin...yes, he did score 30 goals one year, but that year is way, way outside his norm. Take year away, he averages less than 14 goals over 82 games.

I really dislike Healy as well though...but I'd also give him a break on the ice thing. Everyone talks about the ice getting worse as the games goes on (yeah it's common sense....but still). The thing is, the ice has been absolutely terrible. I was watching when they were doing some clean up around the faceoff dot in one end...it was very, very early in the 2nd period and the ice looked like it was in the same condition as an outdoor rink I played on the other day.

Does Ovechkin even have a point in the tourney so far?

He scored on the very first shot of the tournament. Hasn't done much since.

And yes Healy was talking about Kulemin.

I agree he's not a sniper by any stretch of the imagination but his goal scoring abilities are better than Healy's commentating abilities.

Right, the long posts that take up every page belittling Canada, and not giving them any respect is so much better. Wanna know why the US hasn't won the gold in 30 some years, it's overly inflated egos, thinking your better at everything and no one works as hard as you. Comparing Slovenia Slovakia Norway and Austria is like arguing with a child, it's pointless, and at the end of the day you don't sound any smarter for it. Just read through these posts if you need to figure out why pretty much every country hates the usa, sorry to say it but at this point I honestly hope USA gets upset in the quarter finals just so you guys shut up already about how the US has the greatest hockey team to ever grace Olympic ice.

Tell me how you really feel.

Where did I say the US has the greatest hockey team ever? Nor did I ever compare any of the other teams. If you took the time to read my posts you would see that I said I want USA to play Canada, because to be the best you have to beat the best. You are obviously putting every poster's words in my mouth.

*bites tongue*

Edited by rrasco

Before the wheels fall off n everyone starts arguing again, whats the quarterfinal matchup schedule?

Sweden vs Slovenia

Russia vs Finland

USA vs Czech/Slovakia

Can vs Switz/Latvia

Is that correct? Im not sure.

A semifinal of Russia vs Sweden and US vs Can would be the most conflicted set of matchups. Brace yourselves.

Edited by RedWang

Injured Datsyuk still manages to easily be the best player on Team Russia. That team is in trouble against the Finns if more guys don't show up. I hope for Pav's sake they do, you can tell he is trying to put that team on his back on one good leg.

Before the wheels fall off n everyone starts arguing again, whats the quarterfinal matchup schedule?

Sweden vs Slovenia

Russia vs Finland

USA vs Czech/Slovakia

Can vs Switz/Latvia

That is correct.

Injured Datsyuk still manages to easily be the best player on Team Russia. That team is in trouble against the Finns if more guys don't show up. I hope for Pav's sake they do, you can tell he is trying to put that team on his back on one good leg.

That is correct.

Thanks for confirming. And yeah Ovie/Malkin have been scoreless since game one IIRC, they really need to show up if theyre gonna beat a very good Finnish team. I too hope they show up for Pasha's sake. He deserves it.

Sweden vs Slovenia

Russia vs Finland

USA vs Czech/Slovakia

Can vs Switz/Latvia

A semifinal of Russia vs Sweden and US vs Can would be the most conflicted set of matchups. Brace yourselves.

NBC has brackets posted

http://results.nbcolympics.com/hockey/event/men/brackets.html

That is correct.

Agreed.

Although I wouldn't be too heartbroken to see Russia lose and Pavel get some friggin' rest.

Tell me how you really feel.

Where did I say the US has the greatest hockey team ever? Nor did I ever compare any of the other teams. If you took the time to read my posts you would see that I said I want USA to play Canada, because to be the best you have to beat the best. You are obviously putting every poster's words in my mouth.

*bites tongue*

You're right, my comment was directed at everyone constantly belittling team Canada, yours just happened to be the post I quoted, so I apologize. Also it seems like when Detroit plays lesser teams, and every team seems to play their best game of the year, when teams lace up against Canada they are playing the best they possibly can, just to try and be able to say they beat team Canada.