• This topic is locked This topic is locked
464 replies to this topic

#21 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

That's one of my favorite plays.  I've never seen it done in the neutral zone though.  I've only ever seen it in the defensive zone on the bench side.  The winger goes to the D door and out pops a forward behind everyone else in the neutral zone

#22 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Should be a fantastic game. Four years ago, I expected Canada to win and was just ecstatic at the surprise run the United States had put together.

Now, it's completely different. I expect and think the United States will win. That being said, I don't put a ton of stock in Canada "struggling" so far. They are the most talented team in the Olympics and USA will have to put forth their best effort yet.

USA!

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Looking at this beauty rationally : Defense CAN > America Offense America > CAN Goaltending America > CAN So 2:1 << favorites are the Americans but that doesn't mean much. Really looking forward to a great hockey Friday.

Edited by frankgrimes, 19 February 2014 - 06:49 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#24 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

you're spelling of *your* makes you look like a..  what?

:confused:

Right. Never any grammar issues with YOUR posts eh? And heaven forbid autocorrect gets in the way.

Also, way to avoid addressing my claims that you are an over zealous fantasy GM that has no idea about how to run a hockey team in this dimension. Who are you to call Babcock a nit-wit?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see which of my old He-Man action figures would make the best line combos for the upcoming fantasy toy Olympics.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,567 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Right. Never any grammar issues with YOUR posts eh? And heaven forbid autocorrect gets in the way.

Also, way to avoid addressing my claims that you are an over zealous fantasy GM that has no idea about how to run a hockey team in this dimension. Who are you to call Babcock a nit-wit?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see which of my old He-Man action figures would make the best line combos for the upcoming fantasy toy Olympics.

Trap-Jaw would make an awesome enforcer!

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#26 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Trap-Jaw would make an awesome enforcer!

LOL
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#27 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Canada is still trying to figure out line combinations that will work.

They will.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#28 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,253 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

Canada is still trying to figure out line combinations that will work.

They will.

I don't understand why they haven't hired blue adams yet, seeing as how babs is a nit wick and all...

very excited for this game though, hope my fellow canadians beat the USA, but really i don't like very many players on either team, actually kinda rooting for team Zetterbeard, c'mon boys win it for your captains ailing back!

#29 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

Dude, that play was sick.  Even if it's not original, they caught Team Canada sleeping which isn't easy to do.  I didn't get to see much of that game since the USA game was on at the same time but thanks for sharing that.  I wonder if I could work that into NHL 14 somehow.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#30 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

I'm so excited for this game I can't even talk s***.  It's on my mind about every ten minutes.  Most recently David Backes won the game all by himself...not figuratively, literally.  I was literally imagining David Backes playing Canada by himself.  Needless to say, pretty pumped.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#31 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Maybe something like..

Brown-Backes-Kane
Parise-Kesler-Oshie
JVR-Pavelski-Kessel
Paciorett
y-Stastny-Callahan (very limited PT for the 4th line..  I'd mix Callahan in all over the place)
Wheeler
x-Stepan

Suter-McDonagh
Fowler-Shattenkirk
Martin-Carlson
Orpik
x-Faulk

Quick
Miller
x-Howard

*p.s. - it's ridiculous that Blake Wheeler made this team over Bobb
y Ryan.  And Jack Johnson should probably at least have gotten a shot to battle for a spot.

I like that 3rd line a HELL of a lot more than the second. Maybe even more than the first. 

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Haha, I know I'm driving people crazy down here talking about it.  I was talking to my dad about it, and he was all like, did you watch any of the bob sledding and I was all like, f*** bobsledding we're gonna whoop Canada's ass in hockey.  We even get women's hockey tomorrow to hold us over until the big game.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#33 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

Haha, I know I'm driving people crazy down here talking about it.  I was talking to my dad about it, and he was all like, did you watch any of the bob sledding and I was all like, f*** bobsledding we're gonna whoop Canada's ass in hockey.  We even get women's hockey tomorrow to hold us over until the big game.

Maybe your dad, being older and wiser realizes that this will not be the case and wanted to divert some of your attention to other sports team USA are doing well in in order to ease the disappointment you will once again feel Friday afternoon.

#34 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,478 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

Do Canadians (myself included) already have a built in excuse if they lose?  If Stamkos and Tavares weren't injured........

I absolutely hate excuses, but you konw they will be flying if Canada loses

#35 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Maybe your dad, being older and wiser realizes that this will not be the case and wanted to divert some of your attention to other sports team USA are doing well in in order to ease the disappointment you will once again feel Friday afternoon.

If that's what you gotta tell yourself to ease your disappointment :P

Edited by rrasco, 20 February 2014 - 11:04 AM.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord, he is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored, he has loosed the fateful lightening of His terrible swift sword, his truth is marching on.  Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! Glory, glory, hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

Hulk-Hogan-America-f***-Yeah_crop_exact.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#37 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Yep, that's pretty much the perception of the other 95% of the Planet.

#38 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

whether you root for USA, Canada, or neither.. we can all be glad we haven't had to watch kyle quincey play any hockey the past couple weeks :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#39 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

@cotsonika: SWE captain Niklas Kronwall on CAN-USA: "It's going to be a tight game, but I think that maybe the U.S. will take this one."

Captain Kronner has spoken.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#40 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Yep, that's pretty much the perception of the other 95% of the Planet.

It's almost like that was the point.