• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#461 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

The Red Wings got the better end of this trade.

Welcome to the boards, Mr. Holland.  :bye1:

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#462 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Maybe the brains behind Holland the greatest GM in the league left with Nill, Yzerman, and Bowman. Adding another plug to the line up is what we need? How many plugs that he has signed are already in GR......... I actually like Legwand as a player. Hollands track record is starting to get pretty shakey. He needs to step to the plate this coming off season in a big way and get this team back to being a contender.

#463 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts

That's wtf I'm saying..... He'll be another wash up sorry to say like cleary Bert and Weiss. All those guys best years are in the past and with the injuries in recent years they only seem to be declining and j see legwand following that same path

Legwand hasn't had injuries in recent years, at least nothing capable of keeping him out more than a few games since 2010-2011, and the majority of his career he has been healthy, you're just stretching here, he is having a good season, and is healthy, that is what we need.

#464 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

In the end, Holland made a move that gives the team a good chance at the playoffs while trading a spare forward, a draft pick, and a player who may never have played for the the Red Wings.  If Jarnkrok decides a full time job in Nashville is worth staying for and he develops into a top 6 center, this trade should be viewed as a definitive win for Nashville.  If Jarnkrok bolts or never develops, Detroit wins.

http://redwingsandot...eadline-review/

And after they get bounced from the playoffs we get to hear Holland dust off the old gem of a speech 'well its important to get into the playoffs, anything can happen, had a bounce gone our way' etc etc etc. The realistic outcome of this trade is the Wings sold more of their future to keep a streak alive that is meaningless anyway.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#465 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

@goalieman I gave stats before look at my posts and the last 2 pages basically explain why I feel the way I do

#466 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

I wonder what number he'll wear.

Zero to represent how many people like this trade. 

EDIT: On a serious note, Legwand is wearing the vacated #17 of Patrick Eaves. 

Edited by GoWings1905, 05 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#467 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

Watch Legwand step on the ice for the first time in a wings jersey and his groin explodes. One of the debris hits Kron in the face and he falls on jimmy breaking his leg. Jarnkrok goes to nashville and scores all the gwgs for them including all 16 in the postseason.

#468 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

I think we can all look forward to seeing Jarnkrok tear it up next year in a Preds jersey. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#469 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

That's wtf I'm saying..... He'll be another wash up sorry to say like cleary Bert and Weiss. All those guys best years are in the past and with the injuries in recent years they only seem to be declining and j see legwand following that same path

Right. Your comparing him to Bert now. Legwand is not 39 and washed up. Hes only 33 so if hes like a 33yr old Bert good deal since he was still a good player back then. 

#470 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

I wonder what number he'll wear.

#471 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Legwand hasn't had injuries in recent years, at least nothing capable of keeping him out more than a few games since 2010-2011, and the majority of his career he has been healthy, you're just stretching here, he is having a good season, and is healthy, that is what we need.

No your just narrow minded looking st how this MIGHT get us into the playoffs.... If we would've clinched or something then okay... But its not even deffinite we will make playoffs and too give up a promising prospect and a pick is blasphemous

#472 Huss

Huss

Draftee

• 6 posts

Isn't Andersson out of waiver options?

Andersson was signed to a two year, 1.4 mil contract back in August.  One-way.

#473 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Maybe the brains behind Holland the greatest GM in the league left with Nill, Yzerman, and Bowman. Adding another plug to the line up is what we need? How many plugs that he has signed are already in GR......... I actually like Legwand as a player. Hollands track record is starting to get pretty shakey. He needs to step to the plate this coming off season in a big way and get this team back to being a contender.

At this point I don't want him to do anything more that will cause further future damage to the team .... Just be quiet sit down sip your coffee and have your donut and wait till the prospects come up

#474 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

@eurotwins read what @redcrazy wrote

#475 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 312 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Andersson was signed to a two year, 1.4 mil contract back in August.  One-way.

Well then that answers their question.

#476 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Steve Amorose @steveamorose 3m

Regarding Jarnkrok reportedly thinking of heading back to Sweden after this season, it was news to Wings Asst GM Ryan Martin. @FOX17

What a freaking joke

LOL, everyone from Malik to LGW posters here trying to acting like management must know Jarnkrok is bolting or something to justify this crap trade. Then Wings Management says that is not the case at all. 

now what?

Edited by Rick, 05 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#477 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 496 posts

Legwand

"He currently holds virtually every franchise record for the Predators, including most games played, goals, assists, and points."

Sounds a lot like that one Weiss guy

He  was 44 games away from playing his 1,000 as a nashville predator,Most of y'all aren't happy about this trade,but think about the preds fans feel,This guy was our very first draft in 1998,played 15 seasons for us and not once could we give him the gift that every hockey player dreams about:Winning a Stanley Cup

#478 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

I think we can all look forward to seeing Jarnkrok tear it up next year in a Preds jersey. 

Tear up the Preds jersey he'll never wear on the ice?

#479 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

I predict to you. Nashville will do what we should of done .... Jarnkrok will be called up and play the rest of the season with Nashville and jarnkrok will produce and return next year and play there

#480 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

And after they get bounced from the playoffs we get to hear Holland dust off the old gem of a speech 'well its important to get into the playoffs, anything can happen, had a bounce gone our way' etc etc etc. The realistic outcome of this trade is the Wings sold more of their future to keep a streak alive that is meaningless anyway.

Its more than meaningless, we gave up a pick and very good prospect to essentially give us a worse draft pick. We have next to no shot of winning the Cup. I would argue that even if we make the playoffs, we are putting way to much pressure on Z when he comes bavk. You know he's gonna rush and overdo it when he gets back. Im not saying we should have tanked, but i think we should have stayed the course and let the chips fall as they may. Nashvilles best case scenario is much more likely to happen than ours....thats what it boils down to.