• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Trade
Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

1,227 posts in this topic

I bet he will be on the Preds roster next season..contributing.

I'm hoping so being that Nashville is home for me. I'd like to continue to watch this kid play. Preds always my distant 2nd team but now we're in different conferences I'm liking them more and more. Worse case for me is if he skips town on Preds and I lose the guy from both my teams.

Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan

Leafs win in OT..at least Washington is getting smoked tonight

Ya but leafs are ahead of us needed them to drop too many teams around us now .... Columbus wsj nj ott ..... Gonna need a miracle

Ya but leafs are ahead of us needed them to drop too many teams around us now .... Columbus wsj nj ott ..... Gonna need a miracle

Yeah I was hoping the Leafs would lose..but we still have 3 games in hand on the Leafs

I'm hoping so being that Nashville is home for me. I'd like to continue to watch this kid play. Preds always my distant 2nd team but now we're in different conferences I'm liking them more and more. Worse case for me is if he skips town on Preds and I like the guy from both my teams.

I'm sure the preds will guarantee him a spot next season

Yeah I was hoping the Leafs would lose..but we still have 3 games in hand on the Leafs

We gotta win the next 2 games ... We go on a losing streak were toast ... Too many teams around us now

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

On the bright side we have games in hand on all the teams we are fighting with. The boys just gotta make sure they keep up

nyqvististhefuture likes this

On the bright side we have games in hand on all the teams we are fighting with. The boys just gotta make sure they keep up

I think it will be us and Columbus fighting for the 8th seed..the rest will fade.

After watching the interview with Ken Holland that Fox Sports Detroit did today about the trade and Datsyuk's injury, the craziest thing to me is I truly believe Kenny thinks we have a chance to make the playoffs with out Datsyuk and Zetterberg. I'm all for optimism but that seems like a huge stretch for me.

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Fischer seemed to think Jarnkrok was possibly our best prospect:

“He’s certainly one of our most talented, if not the most talented prospect,” Fischer said.

“Not to take anything away from others like Anthony Mantha, but Calle, the stuff he can do – he is as good as anybody in terms of hand-eye coordination and skill in tight places.

“He makes plays and it’s just a matter of time until he really starts putting up big numbers.”

Juri and Nill both said Andy has better hands than Mule...I'm no scout but I certainly haven't seen that yet, either.

Fischer seemed to think Jarnkrok was possibly our best prospect:

Hes certainly one of our most talented, if not the most talented prospect, Fischer said.

Not to take anything away from others like Anthony Mantha, but Calle, the stuff he can do he is as good as anybody in terms of hand-eye coordination and skill in tight places.

He makes plays and its just a matter of time until he really starts putting up big numbers.

Too bad KH didn't ever read that email from Fischer

Jarnkrok is no Pulkkinen?

This whole thing is so bizarro world. Yesterday Jarnkrok was The Future, today he maybe let it slip one night when he was drunk that he misses Sweden and also he was never good and never gonna be any good and we have Andersson and also he's too small and also we should never trade any of our top prospects but if we do then it's good because prospects are just prospects and we can't sell our future for a rental so a pick and a prospect was way too much for Vanek but a 3rd/2nd and arguably our best prospect for Legwand was a must and hopefully Legwand isn't just a rental and he forces Sheahan back down to Grand Rapids for another two years because in the salary cap era it's all about drafting well and developing your prospects and building from within and we like our team except we don't except we do and also Datsyuk is out for three weeks and Zetterberg is out for the rest of the regular season and Weiss may never play again and Helm has a really bad headache and we're going to re-sign Quincey for 3 years because he's the absolute best we can do for a #4 defenseman.

I hate today. I hate this season. I hate that our players are faking injuries because they can. I hate that Space Mountain is a wooden rollercoaster. Last I checked, there's no wood in space.

Never have I said Legwand wasn't a good pickup, it just cost a lot. If Legwand can remain consistent he will be a nice solid acquisition and help us make the playoffs.

concerning the 3rd becoming a 2nd, who cares, we all know Holland is going to trade our 1st for two 2nds anyhow. So they will have two 2nds and get their 3rd back when we make the playoffs.

Eaves just wasn't going to be part of this team going forward and probably wasn't going to be re-signed. This trade allows him to go somewhere and play every night.

Jarnkrok will be missed, I think. We have so much young talent ready to make the jump in the next couple if years, are we really going to miss him?

All that being said, considering what the top few guys actually got traded for, it was still overpayment, but its a position we needed to take care of. Today, with all our injuries, we are a better team. I still think Holland is overrated and we will see how he addresses our defense come July.

MTL got Vanek for cheaper than we got Legwand.... terrible

Edited by Yak19

No ... But with our current situation would it really of hurt us to give him a 20 game trial and see what he does in the nhl?? Do you really believe with all the injuries legwand is gonna make the difference it's us getting into the playoffs or not??

I'd much rather see what jarnkrok does , at worst he shows he's not ready and leaves for Sweden or another team offers him a better chance and we sign legwand In the off season

At best he surprises and shows us he can play .... Tatar also wanted out cause he was fed up of playing in the ahl for 4 seasons .... Look where he's at now ... Sheahan and jurco was also believed not to be ready

should of just given him a try .. That's my opinion

That's the difference, Tatar 4 seasons in the ahl, iron hook, less then a season.

Left for about 5 hours. "This" is still going on. Guess I'll have to excuse myself for another few.

Hope I don't miss any LOLs.

I'm sure he would have said "yeah we knew about that, hahaha suck it Nashville" if he had known about it...

Several people have reported that they have heard about Jarnkrok wanting to go back to sweden rather than play another year in the AHL. I'm sure Holland & Co. knew about that.

Defense is gonna have to tighten it up and howard can't let in softies and the kids and mule gotta be special for is to get in ... I'm gonna hope we get I'm but a part of me inside is thinking I'm being a delusional poor bastard and without datsyuk zetterberg helm and i guess weiss? For so long were toast

I'm sure he would have said "yeah we knew about that, hahaha suck it Nashville" if he had known about it...

Several people have reported that they have heard about Jarnkrok wanting to go back to sweden rather than play another year in the AHL. I'm sure Holland & Co. knew about that.

Nope. The gms were the only ones in the dark about it, didn't you hear? Holland wouldn't trade him away if there was no threat of him leaving.

Obviously I don't think there's a whole lot of substance to the Jankrok to Sweden move.

But if there was even an inkling, there's no way Martin would confirm that.

In fact, I bet there'll be an inquiry if he does leave for Sweden next season.

That's the difference, Tatar 4 seasons in the ahl, iron hook, less then a season.

Yes and Tatar was fed up and was almost gone or dealt .... Let's not kid ourselves if they really believed he was this good they wouldn't of waited this long , this organization is obsessed with the veterans

All these injuries this season were a blessing in disguise .... It's to bad it's what needed to happen

2-0 habs .... I don't know how they keep doing it man .... Keeps getting worse for the wings

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Yes and Tatar was fed up and was almost gone or dealt .... Let's not kid ourselves if they really believed he was this good they wouldn't of waited this long , this organization is obsessed with the veterans

All these injuries this season were a blessing in disguise .... It's to bad it's what needed to happen

2-0 habs .... I don't know how they keep doing it man .... Keeps getting worse for the wings

No they insist on having a culture in place where you put in your time like others have before you and you earn your spot.

He was 44 games away from playing his 1,000 as a nashville predator,Most of y'all aren't happy about this trade,but think about the preds fans feel,This guy was our very first draft in 1998,played 15 seasons for us and not once could we give him the gift that every hockey player dreams about:Winning a Stanley Cup

Interesting take. If he's going to be a more talented Dallas Drake, I'm in.

TheXym likes this