• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/16 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

Howard has to stop Benedict Arnold there.

Our goalie just hasn't made the key saves this year in big moments. He stops that and we're still alive. Carey Price stops that. Howard doesn't.

Benedict Arnold? Holland blew his cap on Franzen and Hudler...

Guest DeGraa55

Quincey with his only hit if the season and it was on his defensive partner.

Lol I watch games just for the laughs now. This stuff has been happening in almost every game. Just ******* sloppy.

Alfie is so worth 5 million

It'd be really nice if he'd fly back over from Sochi already. In all honesty, guy has been downright awful since the Olympics. I don't care if he got a gimme assist on the powerplay, he stinks. He's a veteran, and one of the only impact guys we have healthy, and he is failing miserably.

Overmatched....outworked....and outcoached. Not to mention the extremely fragile nature of this team. The team has no leadership right now so I feel pretty confident stating that we have little to no chance making the playoffs.

Last year Jimmy stood on his head, Z carried the team and our schedule was amazingly weak down the stretch.

Instead of finding ways to win they're finding ways to lose.

They make losing look far too easy.

I have absolutely no anger or any type of emotion anymore. This season is a complete disaster and I don't expect them to make the playoffs. Rest the stars and just get ready for the beginning of 2014.

I wouldn't rest them, I'd work their asses off all Summer and fatten them up so they don't break so easy next season.

Edited by WingsAlways

Totally glad we kept Franzen over that other guy.

What was his name?

Nothing stings from the last few years like missing out on locking up Hossa for life. You don't turn your back on a player like that who wants so badly to play for your club that he'll take a significant discount relative to market value and contracts he was offered the year before. All to try and keep junk guys that ended up leaving anyways. As much as people make it about Franzen, and he certainly was part of it, let's not forget that the biggest reason Holland didn't go harder is because he was trying to resign scrubs who left anyways. We ended up signing cheaper guys in August that we would've had to sign if we'd picked up Hossa, but I'd rather have those guys anyways over what we lost. So again, why, why, why did we not keep Hossa? Again, it still just blows my mind. Huge mistake.

Guest DeGraa55

Hossa, 2 pts. Franzen?

Nice trip there Quincey, too bad you tripped the wrong Smith...nice 1st round pick.

Lol remember everyone a few games ago. OMG FRANZEN IS GRETZY NOW HE IS SO GOOD!!!

Then NBC shows his stats of I think 5 goals in last 8 games? But THE REAL STORY is 5 goals in 2 of those games and floating in 6.

What a wasted season. Smith and Quincey are legendary in their mutual crappiness.

Alfie has been too quiet.

Only players I've noticed all night are Miller and Franzen (only for hitting).

The Wings don't even play with urgency. Haven't had a "playoff feel" for weeks now.

Alfie, Abby and Legwand have been invisible. They all play too many minutes with the injuries to not step up and contribute offensively. You can try and play a more defensive style, but you have to possess actual competent d-men for that to be successful.

The schedule is so daunting too. I just don't see how this group of players is going to be able to win enough down the stretch. Season was over when Z's ended.

It'd be really nice if he'd fly back over from Sochi already. In all honesty, guy has been downright awful since the Olympics. I don't care if he got a gimme assist on the powerplay, he stinks. He's a veteran, and one of the only impact guys we have healthy, and he is failing miserably.

Him and the Euro twins, who decided to put this team's future in jeopardy.

Overmatched....outworked....and outcoached. Not to mention the extremely fragile nature of this team. The team has no leadership right now so I feel pretty confident stating that we have little to no chance making the playoffs.

Last year Jimmy stood on his head, Z carried the team and our schedule was amazingly weak down the stretch.

A lot of people use the phrase "our season in a nutshell"....there's our season in a nutshell.

Him and the Euro twins, who decided to put this team's future in jeopardy.

I was against that decision, but understood. However, the fact that Sweden nor Russia won the gold, and we're on a path to miss the postseason while both of them are broke, really stings.

Alfie, Abby and Legwand have been invisible. They all play too many minutes with the injuries to not step up and contribute offensively. You can try and play a more defensive style, but you have to possess actual competent d-men for that to be successful.

The schedule is so daunting too. I just don't see how this group of players is going to be able to win enough down the stretch. Season was over when Z's ended.

Legwand is probably wishing he got traded to the KHL over this team.