• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

#721 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

We better win Saturday and hope for a caps loss tomorrow or I don't think things are gonna end well

So pissed off with tonight's game

#722 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

LOL.

Half the town doesn't know they have a football team and their hockey fans are arrogant pricks always bragging about their team, which has won zero Stanley Cup Finals games in 45+ years of existence.  

It's a baseball town.  That's it.

Fair enough. Still would much rather them win that boston, chi, La etc..

#723 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

I think he will. What are the chances we keep all these young guns? Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan and Jurco. Do you think we can afford all four when they're up for free agency?

I think personally there's almost no chance jurco starts it'll be another nyquist situation as this year .... Check the lineups we'd have especially if we got weiss and legwand ... Jurco will start at Grand Rapids

And holland has to get Tatar and nyquist locked up at cap friendly type deals like he did with kronwall prior

As awesome as they've been of late we can argue they didn't do it for a full season let alone a few so I'm hoping we can get nyquist maybe for 4 per for 5 yrs and Tatar 5 yrs at 3-4 closer to 3

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 27 March 2014 - 09:45 PM.

#724 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

I think he will. What are the chances we keep all these young guns? Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan and Jurco. Do you think we can afford all four when they're up for free agency?

I hope so because we are going to need them. They are the future. Need defense badly

#725 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I don't care what numbers your looking at jimmy is not good enough this year plain and simple. Tn was not his fault but eventually he has to make saves to win games. We tie it 3 to 3 and they score right after. I don't care if it deflected. How come king Henrik and Rask and even bernier can consistently make timely saves even with deflections? That's a point in the game where he simply has to find a way to save it. Tatar even said that was a let down when it went in.

#726 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

I think personally there's almost no chance jurco starts it'll be another nyquist situation as this year .... Check the lineups we'd have especially if we got weiss and legwand ... Jurco will start at Grand Rapids

True, I swear to God I keep forgetting Weiss is even on this team.

#727 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

You've got to look at the team effort in this game as to why we lost, not howard. Yes that first shot should have been under all circumstances been stopped. No excuses. But the rest you can forget about. The perfectly executed 3 on 2 after Kronwall turned it over, the two tips he had no chance on, and Desharnais goal was a washout. You could have put a beach ball on net and it would have gone in because of how badly Howard was screened on the play. Only #21, #15 and #26 showed up tonight it felt like. You can't win with one line. 

Hopefully Franzen gets going after his goal, but that remains to be seen. 

We need a little help, but the teams around us aren't exactly taking it easy this weekend. Columbus has Pittsburgh tomorrow night, Washington have Boston, and the leafs have Philly and then us saturday. If a few things go right and we take care of TO then it'll be a bit more positive. #13 back would be a huge boost right now. 

temp 1

#728 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

And that's the problem right there. That is unacceptable! Best 12 forwards should play. Jurco should be in the lineup and anything less than that is unacceptable. I'm tired of holland screwing up this team and leaving deserving players in the minors due to roster restrictions. Figure it out holland

#729 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:47 PM

Only consolation is that we're still in 8th ... but I think we pretty well used up our last get out of jail card.  We got to run the table or go pretty damn close to it.

#730 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Only consolation is that we're still in 8th ... but I think we pretty well used up our last get out of jail card.  We got to run the table or go pretty damn close to it.

Probably gonna need 14 points or so

#731 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

And that's the problem right there. That is unacceptable! Best 12 forwards should play. Jurco should be in the lineup and anything less than that is unacceptable. I'm tired of holland screwing up this team and leaving deserving players in the minors due to roster restrictions. Figure it out holland

This.

We could easily have at least 5 points more if Nyquist hadn't been buried in the minors because Kenny the Genius matched (!!) an offer by Holmgren (another genius..) for Cleary..

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#732 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Look at our remaining schedule:

Toronto

Tampa Bay

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Buffalo

Pittsburgh

Carolina

St., Louis 

Gotta hope that some of those power houses will ease off and rest some of their players down the stretch.  I can see us going 5-4  :nervous:

#733 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

We really need to win both games this weekend cuz we play Boston after that. I have a good feeling for this weekend I think we see big games from not just the kids. This was literally the first time I've ever heard babs basically call out all the veterans.... I think that'll get them geared up for the weekend. Beyond that, I bet pav is back Wednesday vs Boston or Friday at the latest against buffalo which will be huuugeeee.

#734 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

This.

We could easily have at least 5 points more if Nyquist hadn't been buried in the minors because Kenny the Genius matched (!!) an offer by Holmgren (another genius..) for Cleary..

Don't even get me started! Kids should have been up from the get go. Anderson needs to go as well. I'm on the fence with miller because I think he's a good pk guy and pretty good down low on the forecheck.

12 starting forwards next year need to be: dats, z, alfy/UFA, Tatar, nyquist, Sheehan, jurco, helm, Weiss, Legwand, mule, Abby. With glendening and miller as extras.

Defense needs to be: kronwall, dekeyser, E, UFA top 2, UFA number 3/4, UFA number 5/6.

Kenny get some damn defense

#735 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Look at our remaining schedule:

Toronto

Tampa Bay

Boston

Buffalo

Montreal

Buffalo

Pittsburgh

Carolina

St., Louis 

Gotta hope that some of those power houses will ease off and rest some of their players down the stretch.  I can see us going 5-4  :nervous:

I can see us go even worse, the way Jimmy and our D continue to suck..

Actually the Leafs game is the most important game of the season. Win = possibly in, Loss = most likely out.

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#736 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

We have to worry about Washington tomorrow .... They haveeee to lose .... Halak going there might hurt us , he's a Much better goalie when he faces a lot of shots and capitals give up a lot

Hey got a winning record with Halak in

#737 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

This.

Except that it wasn't Holland at all.  Babs, Dats, and Z, wanted him back.  Holland's got a lot to be ashamed of (Tootoo, Sammy) but this one ain't on him.  Here's the quote...

"Nyquist could have made the Wings to start the season. But Holland signed 40-year-old free agent Daniel Alfredsson, and then he re-signed 34-year-old Dan Cleary in training camp. Cleary was a surprise, because he had bad knees and better offers elsewhere. But coach Mike Babcock wanted him back. The team leaders wanted him back – from Howard to Zetterberg to Datsyuk. And he came back on a one-year deal worth $1.75 million, when he turned down the Wings’ offer of three years at $2.25 million per on July 5 and the Flyers, Florida Panthers and Winnipeg Jets were offering three years at $2.75 million per."

And here's the link...

http://sports.yahoo....161232581.html?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#738 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

5-4 might get the Wings in. I think 6-3 almost certainly does unless the other wild card teams go on winning streaks. Problem is where do you get six wins on that remaining schedule? You would like to believe two against Buffalo and one against Carolina. Then you have to split the remaining six against quality opponents. Certainly possible, but there's no more time to give away points or wins. It's probably 50/50 right now and this weekend could swing it either way.

Edited by GoWings1905, 27 March 2014 - 10:05 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#739 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

Don't even get me started! Kids should have been up from the get go. Anderson needs to go as well. I'm on the fence with miller because I think he's a good pk guy and pretty good down low on the forecheck.

12 starting forwards next year need to be: dats, z, alfy/UFA, Tatar, nyquist, Sheehan, jurco, helm, Weiss, Legwand, mule, Abby. With glendening and miller as extras.

Defense needs to be: kronwall, dekeyser, E, UFA top 2, UFA number 3/4, UFA number 5/6.

Kenny get some damn defense

I'm still voting for an Top1 offensive D-Man. Like Ehrhoff, someone who gets this PP up into Top10 (or better Top5..) of the league. Le'ts say Mule, Hank, Dats, Alfie and Ehrhoff (or whoever you can get for that role..).  That's everything you need - great point man, right-handed shot in Alfie, Mule as the netfront guy, perfect for rebounds with those hands..and Dats and Z setting things up. I'm freakin' out even imagining this...

...but it won't happen. At all. Thanks in advance, Kenny. :eh:

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke, 27 March 2014 - 10:05 PM.

#740 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

This.

That's why I've always said wings should of been putting In a rookie or 2 each year to blend in and get experience off our vets so we always have the future rolling In ..... This year 8 alone 8 rookies .... Ridiculous

Just imagine how much better Gus and Tatar could of been if they were year all last year , maybe sheahan if he played all of this year?

Time to start mixing in a kid of 2 each season as needed not designing every old veteran we ever had play here return like they always do

Who's next? Leino gets bought out and comes here for cheap?fleischman?

Out with the old and in with the new