751 replies to this topic

#1 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

13577431504_99a26f8b8e_o.jpg

Lines are considering the more likely event that Datsyuk does not return tonight, Friday sounds like a realistic expectation for his return. He has not been ruled out of tonight's game though, i'd be thrilled to have Pav back in the midst of our recent great play.

Starting goaltenders are unconfirmed, but very likely. 

This will be a difficult game, I think we edge the Bruins 5-4 in OT. Glendening scores his first (this prediction is bound to come true, right?), Nyquist with a goal and a helper, Kronwall with a couple and Franzen with the GWG.

Lets go boys, the more we win now the better our chances continue to be to make it 23 years straight. 

GO WINGS GO!!!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#2 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:01 AM

For some reason I'm not as nervous about this game as I could be, probably because we played really well over the weekend and beat Tampa in particular. 

That said, this is going to be tough as hell, and if we get Datsyuk back, then awesome. 

GO WINGS!

temp 1

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

I think nyq hits 30 goals tonight! Wings win 4-3, jurco with the OT winner.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

Here's to hoping that the Bruins play down to their competition and Wings win.  It's worked for the Wings when they were on top.

GO WINGS!

#5 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

We've beaten them twice. Granted, they're a different team now. But then, so are we.

Gotta use our speed.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

We play strong against the good teams, we're healthier. I think we can keep their scoring down, its just a matter of if our offense shows up other than Nyquist.

I'm not as worries as others. Boston doesnt dominate us and we took care if Pittsburgh the other week. They're just a team and they're due for a loss.
  • Nev likes this
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

gonna be an ugly one

5-2 bruins

#8 tatquist21_14

tatquist21_14

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:17 AM

I just hope no one gets injured tonight against a big physical Boston team.

#9 Shutemdown

Shutemdown

Instigator

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

Boston always plays a very physical game against the DRW, hopefully we avoid injuries tonight, play solid defensively, and come away with the win.

And just my opinion, I hope Pav sits this game out and returns on Friday. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him dress as much as anyone, but in his latest interview, he, himself, sounded slightly hesitant and cited his "sense of urgency" as his decision to return to the line-up. I just don't want him to rush his injury... the kids are holding down the fort, and I would rather see him return at 100%.

#10 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:00 AM

Very interested to see how this team performs against the leagues best. We can use Boston as a measuring stick.

#11 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

Are you guts thinking the Glendenning line will go against the Krejic line? I'm thinking it's our best chance for victory.

#12 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 1m

Datsyuk confirms he is not playing tonight. Said conditioning more of an issue than pain. Maybe Friday.

#13 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

All I'm asking for is no more injuries and Pasha as much as I'd love having you back please sit out this game, it will be an ugly one regardless.

No way this team can go toe with Boston which isn't a shame, only a select few in the West can.

Thornton, McQuaid, Lucic and Chara...may god help us

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 April 2014 - 10:18 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#14 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 41m

Lines: Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Andersson-Helm-Abdelkader, Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi.

#15 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Missing alfy tonight too now.

#16 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

Well there you go Datsyuk out, per the score app Alfie too? They will have to play the most aggressive game at owning puck they have played to date to get a W here

Edited by 13dangledangle, 02 April 2014 - 10:21 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#17 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

Not sure why, but I'm feeling pretty good about this game, as long as we cut out the stupid penalties I think we'll be right there with Boston. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#18 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

LGW! Going to be a difficult game, but hopefully Boston doesn't come to play tonight. Nyquist with a hatty!

#19 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

What happened to Alfredsson? Ugh Bertuzzi is in...this game is gonna be real difficult. Boston plays a tough puck possession game. Win tonight should give us some great confidence. Howard please wake up in the 3rd and play like this is a playoff game.

#20 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

Nhl.com say Alfie has unspecified injury. He's looked like he's been laboring lately, like he's playing because he is "less" injured than the other vets.