• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/2 GDT - Bruins 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Smith wasn't on the ice. If you are referring to Nyquist's penalty, Boston's goal was scored even strength. There's a difference between blaming someone for making a mistake and trying your hardest to pin the blame on someone that had nothing to do with the goal scored just because you have a personal grudge.

Smith had nothing to do with us being down 1-0.

Actually, Smith made an iffy call on a step-up at their blue line, which ultimately (though not necessarily directly) led to the Nyquist penalty. Smith made an aggressive play, probably should've put himself in a better position. Gotta make the smart, safe play 100% of the time against these guys.

NBCSN has a decent crew if Olczyk isn't there to drag them down. Not a huge fan of Jones and Milbury since they follow Edzo's lead at times, but they give decent studio analysis. I don't mind Doc, though I know he DRIIIVES some people crazy. Pierre is very knowledgeable but a bit creepy.

I don't like any of them. Talk about over analysis and just saying things for the sake of sounding smart. 90% of what they say comes directly out of their asses.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

It was a good pinch, but Lucic did a great job getting it out.

Biggest positive from that period, Sheahan can handle the size and toughness of the Bruins and protect the puck from them.

Uhh, then the pinch wasn't worth it.

Smith wasn't on the ice. If you are referring to Nyquist's penalty, Boston's goal was scored even strength. There's a difference between blaming someone for making a mistake and trying your hardest to pin the blame on someone that had nothing to do with the goal scored just because you have a personal grudge.

Smith had nothing to do with us being down 1-0.

Smith's pinch 100% led to Nyquist's penalty, which then resulted in them scoring (right as the PP was expiring). Don't be such a homer.

NBCSN has a decent crew if Olczyk isn't there to drag them down. Not a huge fan of Jones and Milbury since they follow Edzo's lead at times, but they give decent studio analysis. I don't mind Doc, though I know he DRIIIVES some people crazy. Pierre is very knowledgeable but a bit creepy.

Jones has actually been very pro-Wing lately. I like it, since he's a former Avalanche.

Not necessarily out of it yet, but the entire game has been played in the Wings' end. Howard has been sharp, Nyquist is actually very good defensively, and we got the phantom Homer call, but that's about all of the positive so far. Need to come out with more energy in the second and keep Lashoff and Kindl off the ice for as long as possible.

Jones has actually been very pro-Wing lately. I like it, since he's a former Avalanche.

I've seen a lot of him on the Philly Comcast feed since my dad lives in Flyers territory. I think he has grown professionally in that he is able to let go of his playing day rivalries MUCH better than a couple of years ago.

Uhh, then the pinch wasn't worth it.

Smith's pinch 100% led to Nyquist's penalty, which then resulted in them scoring (right as the PP was expiring). Don't be such a homer.

Oh alright, so Smith making the decision to try and make something happen offensively after all of 1 minute of time on attack all game resulting in Nyquist to drop back and play D, which is his job when his defender jumps up in his place, forced Nyquist to hold his player instead of defending him and take a 2 minute penalty. Not during the penalty kill, but shortly after when the game was even strength, Boychuk, who Smith was not responsible for covering, nor was he even on the ice, blasts a heavy slapper through a screen to score. 5 Wings were in the defensive zone and in position as it happened.

You are completely right, 100% Smith's fault. He should be a healthy scratch next game. :sleepy:

Babs defs needs to start playing the top two D pairings more and the 3rd pairing less. Remember the days where our top pairing (I know it was lidstrom but still) played 26-27 min a night? If you do that and have the 2nd pairing play around 24 min then that gives kindl and lashoff less ice time which is beneficial go the wings. I seriously hate when kindl is on the ice.

Really? Most if not all of your posts are bashing Smith. We get it, you don't like him.

He can't stop until you know just HOW much he hates him!

Worth remembering: the Bruins are playing without Iginla and Seidenberg. So they're even better than this, basically.

If we make the playoffs, we want the Pens. Bruins = Death.

We also don't have half our team, come playoff time we should be better equipped to compete against Boston.

I actually don't think Smith's pinch was that bad, but if you do pinch there you have to get the puck. I think Smith made a good play and a terrible play at the same time.

More terrible than good. He suddenly makes everything on the ice all about this one-on-one battle that doesn't have to happen in the first place. If he loses the battle, he gets burned badly and his team mates will probably be at least a step behind in countering the shift because they're expecting him to make the safe play. Why take the risk?

We also don't have half our team, come playoff time we should be better equipped to compete against Boston.

I know, I mentioned that a few posts ago. But, bottom line, this is a Cup team we're looking at. I'd want no part of them in the playoffs, even with all our injured guys back.

On the bright side, we're only down by one. That's actually pretty impressive.

Defense doesn't move the puck well enough to handle the Bruins forecheck. The Wings got manhandled that period, which was somewhat expected. Need to play in the other end far more to have any shot in this game.

People undervalue how much good defensemen contribute to offense. We would be exactly where Boston is with their defense.

Worth remembering: the Bruins are playing without Iginla and Seidenberg. So they're even better than this, basically.

If we make the playoffs, we want the Pens. Bruins = Death.

lol the defense is what it is the d won't improve. Z and Pasha won't be even close to 90 %