• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

anthonyn66

Wings re-sign Cleary $1.5 mill + $1mill in game bonuses

Rate this topic

Are you ******* kidding me?

Has Kenny just been sitting around all summer smoking crack? First Quincey, and now this? Jeez...******* pathetic.

I always liked Cleary too. After last years signing I was annoyed though. Now I just want him the f*** gone, and never want to hear his name ever again.

Clarkson atleast has the potential to contribute.... That's can't be said for dano.

Even if he does contribute some, that contract is disgusting. At least if Cleary s***s the bed this season there will be no verbal agreement to keep bringing him back. And yes, I am aware someone is gonna reply to this saying Holland will bring sign him yet again next summer.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/07/red_wings_daniel_cleary_determ.html

Good to know his knee seems to be doing much better now. I do hope he proves us wrong, and I'm glad he understands he has to earn a spot in the lineup. Like I said before, he does not hurt the team if he can't keep up and ends up in the press box. Watching all the games doesn't take a roster spot from anybody in GR.

The signing is frustrating. That's something I agree with. I do think it is crappy for certain fans (mainly twitter) to be bashing Cleary over it. The guy wants to play. Sure I don't think it should be here, but I can't fault the guy for still having the determination to contribute. This is one situation where I am dying to eat some crow.

Prove us all wrong, Dano.

Not only is Holland a ******* idiot be he doesn't even know he's a ******* idiot. He's so far up his own ass he turned himself inside out. This guy can't leave fast enough go file for unemployment I'd rather my taxes pay him to stay at home (if he'd stay in the states)

Well if it's any consolation, reports are that Danny has started skating already (6 weeks earlier than normal) in order to get ready for camp. So that means he should be injured & out of the lineup by what, the 2nd or 3rd week of the season?

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/07/red_wings_daniel_cleary_determ.html

Good to know his knee seems to be doing much better now. I do hope he proves us wrong, and I'm glad he understands he has to earn a spot in the lineup. Like I said before, he does not hurt the team if he can't keep up and ends up in the press box. Watching all the games doesn't take a roster spot from anybody in GR.

The signing is frustrating. That's something I agree with. I do think it is crappy for certain fans (mainly twitter) to be bashing Cleary over it. The guy wants to play. Sure I don't think it should be here, but I can't fault the guy for still having the determination to contribute. This is one situation where I am dying to eat some crow.

Prove us all wrong, Dano.

I'm not mad at Cleary either. None of this is his fault and who would turn down the opportunity presented to him by Holland?

My biggest gripe is we all know Cleary is going to get the benefit of the doubt again come September. There really shouldn't even be a competition, though -- Tomas Jurco has already proven himself to be an NHL player (certainly better than Cleary) and yet there's a pretty good chance he starts in Grand Rapids just because the option is there. If it's Cleary competing for a roster spot with Andersson or Glendening then whatever, but we all know the fallout here will be Jurco going down just like Nyquist last season and Tatar being a healthy scratch for the first ten games.

That's where Holland has continuously lied to all of us. "The kids are ready, we are confident they can play in Detroit" and they don't until massive injuries occur. Then they come up and do prove their worth only to be relegated to the same absurd treatment for washed up veterans.

Jurco shouldn't have to beat out Cleary for a roster spot in September. He already did that last season. That's why this signing is so ridiculous. I don't care about the money. I do care when the GM of the team continues to lie about icing the best team possible.

Edited by GoWings1905

Well if it's any consolation, reports are that Danny has started skating already (6 weeks earlier than normal) in order to get ready for camp. So that means he should be injured & out of the lineup by what, the 2nd or 3rd week of the season?

Sorry, I was trying to follow what you were saying but was distracted by your choice to use an injured Red Wings player down on the ice as your avatar.

But I guess it goes with you hoping for a Wings player to get injured.

I'm not mad at Cleary either. None of this is his fault and who would turn down the opportunity presented to him by Holland?

My biggest gripe is we all know Cleary is going to get the benefit of the doubt again come September. There really shouldn't even be a competition, though -- Tomas Jurco has already proven himself to be an NHL player (certainly better than Cleary) and yet there's a pretty good chance he starts in Grand Rapids just because the option is there. If it's Cleary competing for a roster spot with Andersson

Assuming Alfie comes back, there wouldn't be a spot right away for Jurco anyway until an injury allows it. I'm just gonna hope for the best that Cleary can put a solid season together. I don't expect 2008 Cleary, of course. But even just playing responsible hockey while chipping in every now and again would be nice. I just hope he holds up and that we can get playoff warrior Cleary back.

Just hoping for a Dallas Drake type season from him. Keep it together long enough to leave nothing on the table come playoff time. Even broken down Cleary has shown he can still be effective come April.

photo_zpsa0880f86.jpg

Dan Cleary after a pillow fight.

Also, here's what he said about the MASSIVE amount of fan/media criticism today, from MLive:

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion," Cleary said. "You try not to let any of the negativity – or the positive comments – affect you. We live in the day of social media; anyone can say anything. You can't worry about what people think. You got to do what you do."

Dan Cleary after a pillow fight.

Also, here's what he said about the MASSIVE amount of fan/media criticism today, from MLive:

"Everybody is entitled to their opinion," Cleary said. "You try not to let any of the negativity – or the positive comments – affect you. We live in the day of social media; anyone can say anything. You can't worry about what people think. You got to do what you do."

Good on him.

Like I said, I don't like this signing but I sure don't blame Cleary for wanting to come back and play for the Red Wings.

And he is one of the toughest and most fearless players on the team. The ice packs are from years of going to the parts of the ice Franzen is scared to.

Assuming Alfie comes back, there wouldn't be a spot right away for Jurco anyway until an injury allows it. I'm just gonna hope for the best that Cleary can put a solid season together. I don't expect 2008 Cleary, of course. But even just playing responsible hockey while chipping in every now and again would be nice. I just hope he holds up and that we can get playoff warrior Cleary back.

Just hoping for a Dallas Drake type season from him. Keep it together long enough to leave nothing on the table come playoff time. Even broken down Cleary has shown he can still be effective come April.

Even with Alfie returning, there is/should be room for Jurco. Z, Pav, Franzen, Nyquist, Weiss, Tatar, Alfie, Sheahan, Abby, Helm and Miller are all locks. Who is better than Jurco for that 12th forward spot? You don't need Glendening or Andersson centering the fourth line if Weiss is back. Besides, why not have a third line of Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco when those three had a ton of success playing together already? There isn't much exciting about this roster going into the season, but that line is a bright spot.

To me, Jurco should be playing for the Red Wings no matter what. I don't believe it makes much sense for Drew Miller or Luke Glendening to be out there at Jurco's expense, let alone Dan Cleary.

Edited by GoWings1905

Even with Alfie returning, there is/should be room for Jurco. Z, Pav, Franzen, Nyquist, Weiss, Tatar, Alfie, Sheahan, Abby, Helm and Miller are all locks. Who is better than Jurco for that 12th forward spot? You don't need Glendening or Andersson centering the fourth line if Weiss is back. Besides, why not have a third line of Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco when those three had a ton of success playing together already? There isn't much exciting about this roster going into the season, but that line is a bright spot.

To me, Jurco should be playing for the Red Wings no matter what. I don't believe it makes much sense for Drew Miller or Luke Glendening to be out there at Jurco's expense, let alone Dan Cleary.

I'm sure everyone here agrees. But Glendening will likely play because Babcock loves him and I wouldn't be surprised if Cleary "earns" his roster spot back.

With Alfie signed (which is likely), only one of those two things has to happen to knock Jurco out of the lineup anyways.