• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ash11

Free agents this off season

Rate this topic

I'm mostly "done" in regards to Red Wings personnel movement. As one last move, trade Cleary, Mantha & Brendan Smith for Dustin Byfuglien and a 3rd round pick.

Put Byfuglien with Green, Lift up DeKeyser to the first pairing with Kronwall. Put Ericsson and Quincey on 3rd "Murder pairing".

Wave to me in the conference finals.

Edited by Jacksoni

I'm mostly "done" in regards to Red Wings personnel movement. As one last move, trade Cleary, Mantha & Brendan Smith for Dustin Byfuglien and a 3rd round pick.

Put Byfuglien with Green, Lift up DeKeyser to the first pairing with Kronwall. Put Ericsson and Quincey on 3rd "Murder pairing".

Wave to me in the conference finals.

Why would the Jets take Cleary anyways

I don't feel overly obliged to defend Cleary's status och capacity but since I suggested him in a trade:

*Yes, Cleary is an UFA. But he still wants to play. Doubt he'd say no if packaged. And he can still perform, he's not walking with a cane (I am right now).

*The Jets want Mantha. I don't blame them. A little sluggish, but at best a Hossa-type scorer. Sneak in Cleary and/or Smith.

I would also have to admit that my last wish as regards to the 15-16 season was a little bit fantasy-ish, so take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Jacksoni

I don't feel overly obliged to defend Cleary's status och capacity but since I suggested him in a trade:

*Yes, Cleary is an UFA. But he still wants to play. Doubt he'd say no if packaged. And he can still perform, he's not walking with a cane (I am right now). To add, the dude can still play, when healthy.

*The Jets want Mantha. I don't blame them. A little sluggish, but at best a Hossa-type scorer. Sneak in Cleary and/or Smith.

I would also have to admit that my last wish as regards to the 15-16 season was a little bit fantasy-ish, so take it with a grain of salt.

My fantasy, is for us to trade Alexander semin, Cody Franzen, and joakim andersson for Shea weber. Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Yeah.

But if we could package him with something kinda sweet, for an upgrade, and he gets to play.

He's not gonna say no.

Maybe he's just not talking loud enough.

Cleary? Not talking loud enough? He's the locker room captain!

Cleary? Not talking loud enough? He's the locker room captain!

Nonono.

Not cleary, I think the misunderstanding is my fault, I must not be talking loud enough..

jacksoni, maybe he means something different, that we just don't understand because he's talking too quietly. And everyone knows, talking loudly makes you sound smarter.

You know, that old chestnut.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Nonono.

Not cleary, I think the misunderstanding is my fault, I must not be talking loud enough..

jacksoni, maybe he means something different, that we just don't understand because he's talking too quietly. And everyone knows, talking loudly makes you sound smarter.

You know, that old chestnut.

Now you're making sense!

Some of the 2016 UFA's: E Staal, Stamkos, Kopitar, O'Reilly, Lucic, Seabrook, Yandle, Byfuglien, Kesler, Backus, Ladd, L. Eriksson, Voracek, Perron, E Johnson, L Schenn, B Sutter, Anisimov, Okposo, and several others. If only half of these guys get resigned it is still a great UFA class. try to get 1-2 Dmen and 1 big time forward.

I'm guessing Ladd locks up long term with Winnipeg but Buff may be up for grabs. I would push hard next summer for Seabrook

I we get talking about next summer's UFA's, I can honestly say that will be the 1st summer we may not be in dire need for a D upgrade. Up front, now is a different story. If Richards comes in and does what he is asked to do, I can actually see him being re-signed. I would love to try to steal Backes to be a center to usher out the Datsyuk era and in the next era. Heck, maybe Datsyuk does the old 1 year at a time trick until he is 40 as well. Backes would redefine our top 6 for sure. We should have room for 1 or 2 additions after re-signing the guys we want to keep and letting others go. Maybe 3 spots if #93 is still out. I wouldn't mind seeing Okposo in Detroit as a UFA either.

Colorado maybe? Likely 1 or 2 years at 4 mil per season. He over played the market big time.

Honestly, it's strangely refreshing seeing one of the top free agents over play the market. I'd be interested to see which offers he turned down vs what he eventually signs for.. something tells me he wanted more term than teams were willing to offer more so than money.