• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PumpkinEscobar

Preliminary Red Wings Training Camp Roster

Rate this topic

Has Jarrett Meyer been talked about yet? Anyone wanting big guys, here ya go. He still got a long way to go but, a camp invite of the wings at 18, he is 6'9 & 246 lbs with plenty of time to develop. Here's to hoping the Detroit developmental system works its magic..

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/07/defenseman_jarett_meyer_creati.html

I don't know the first thing about this kid but I already like him more than Ericsson and Kindl.

No way we should sign Meyer. Mantha made him look like a pylon in the final scrimmage a couple days ago, and Mantha sucks... Imagine how he would look against NHL talent...

Meyer is only 18 and is a work in progress and has admitted it. Defense is a slower development position too.. I'm not suggesting signing him but he's definitely worth having in the pipeline (granted really far down the pipeline) based solely on age and size. Have him work hard and see where he is in a couple years or so. If he doesn't progress, cut ties with him. Low risk, potentially decent reward.

They had Ildar Telyakov (6-8, 231) in couple of years ago...he even played a bit for Toledo. Telyakov was an older Russian (I looked it up, he was 23) . Meyer is 18...so it may make more sense to invest some time in him.

Pulkkinen does suck. He's got one-dimensional depth scorer written all over him. He'd be REALLY lucky to have a Mike Cammalleri type career, but he'll more realistically top out as a Michael Ryder, Brad Boyes, type guy.

Trade him for Byfulgien before the rest of the league catches on to the fact that his AHL scoring won't translate into NHL success.

Yup, random LGW posters can spot Pulkkinen's deficiencies, but pro scouts, coaches and general managers have no idea... Trade him before they catch on. I mean, all he has is the hardest, most accurate shot this team has seen since Brett Hull... Maybe we should see if some idiot GM would take Mantha off our hands too, before they realize he's lazy and soft...