• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT : Carolina Hurricanes at Red Wings, 7:30 EST

Rate this topic

Smith is hot trash

This, he was absolutely abysmal tonight. Every time I saw him he either looked lost, was chasing his assignment or looking at the puck in his net. Someone needs to stop the bus with Cleary on it so Smith can get on. Put Marchenko on it for the return trip!

Edited by drwfan1916

i think all dmen have been s***. do any of them even have a point?

Kronwall, Green and Kindl each have an assist. Missed this last game, but I really like what I've seen from Green. Also Quincey's been pretty good in the other games. Glad DK's coming back, though. The 3rd pair has been a problem and DK bumps Q down and he should great improve that pair.

The whole team looked terrible in their own end but I think the most notable thing is the wings just couldn't adapt. Our defense group is bad. When they're not able to make good passes we play in our own zone and we blow coverage eventually. I think this game was especially bad just because the wings were getting out worked a lot but the fact we couldn't adapt after two full games of being dominated is kind of scary going forward. Great shooting percentage tho. This team is actually good on the rush but when the team can't make good passes up ice, we lose, because we are terrible in our own zone

Smith is terrible...He looks completely lost out there. Jensen looked much sharper in the preseason...he frequently made that sharp simple pass coming out of the defensive end that Smith seems incapable of completing. Much rather have Jensen or Marchenko on a third pairing with Quincey.

55/52

25/65

27/Marchenko

Kindl

Kindl>Smith tho...

He's just flying around the ice, must be a nightmare to play with. He has the physical skills but doesn't think the game well. Kindl isn't great and makes some dumb plays but at least he has poise with the puck and can make a good first pass, with offensive zone skills. The possibility for him to put it all together with a good partner is there. Smith has never been consistently capable of looking like a #6. Maybe if he scored even a little it would be a totally different situation

To me, it's funny to see a group of forwards that are almost all under 200 lbs get manhandled the whole game and not be able to keep possession, then a goalie who can't make saves a goalie getting paid what he gets paid should make, then the fans blame everything on the 3rd defensive pairing.

I can't respect someone's opinion on hockey when they watch that game and say goaltending was the reason we lost. Their was clearly something fundamentally wrong with the team from puck drop to the final buzzer. Goaltending was a non factor

Agreed. The team was outworked for the entire game save half a period, during which they also scored twice. Looked very sloppy and missed easy passes in the defensive zone leading to turnovers.

I can't respect someone's opinion on hockey when they watch that game and say goaltending was the reason we lost. Their was clearly something fundamentally wrong with the team from puck drop to the final buzzer. Goaltending was a non factor

Might not be the reason we lost but Howard certainly wasn't any good last night either, he was just as bad as the rest of the team. We might have lost anyway but some of the goals looked really soft so certainly not a non factor.

Edited by Ekmanc

I can't respect someone's opinion that watches a team sport where the team has 19 players involved and then pins the entire loss on one defenseman.

I can't respect someone's opinion that watches a team sport where the team has 19 players involved and then pins the entire loss on one defenseman.

He didnt put it on one defenseman. Maybe you should re-read the post. He clearly said "the whole team played terrible".

Lol not sure where you're pulling this from.

Edited by kickazz

I never blamed the loss on smith... I stated how the whole team looked terrible but smith looked especially terrible like he usually does... He's scratched for a reason

When ppl come to post with an agenda that doesn't reflect how the actual hockey games are played it makes this place very annoying... Just spewing the same stuff about Howard like you didn't even watch the game