• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukianDekes

XO Recalled

Rate this topic

I see on the roster that Kindl is still here...wonder what the callup is for. Even with Kronwall still out, they had 7 defensemen. Would it be too much for me to hope that Ericsson gets a night off? :ninja:

Is Jensen the really small guy, or is that Hicketts?

Hicketts is 5'8" 174lbs. Jensen 6'1" 194lbs.

I am beginning to think that Jensen won't be around too much longer, he is signed through next season, but he just is not getting any bones. He got called up for a game and was a healthy scratch....Poor Sproul hasn't even gotten that much...

Is Jensen the really small guy, or is that Hicketts?

That's Hicketts, and he plays in the QHL, not the AHL.

About Oulette - about time. He needs to prove himself, which I believe he will. We need a top 4 defenseman. And that takes effort coming from me as I have no love for the french.

Hicketts plays in the WHL, not the Q, and plays a lot bigger than his size. He has been a force for Canada at two straight WJCs. While lots of guys dominate there and don't end up making the NHL, I think he will be a Wing within three years, possibly two. I think Sproul and Jensen are almost out of our plans at this point. I think Sproul will end up in Edmonton reunited with his junior partner, Darnell Nurse.

Hicketts plays in the WHL, not the Q, and plays a lot bigger than his size. He has been a force for Canada at two straight WJCs. While lots of guys dominate there and don't end up making the NHL, I think he will be a Wing within three years, possibly two. I think Sproul and Jensen are almost out of our plans at this point. I think Sproul will end up in Edmonton reunited with his junior partner, Darnell Nurse.

Hmmmmm......included is a package for Shultz? I guess we wait and see! :lol: We can move this specualtion to the other thread! :lol:

Oops I meant WHL sorry bout that, mindslip of the fingers. ^^

Hicketts have been discussed, see the world juniors thread for lengthy back-and-forth writes about him.

Damn, when is Jensen going to get a shot....ugh. So who is out? Kindl of course, maybe he got sent back down, wonder who Xo is up for...

I hate to say this, but nothing the Wings have done have indicated they think of Jensen as anything more then a 7th, 8th, or 9th D-man. My guess is next year he gets put on waivers and gets picked up by someone, goes back to the AHL, or becomes a healthy scratch.

We all fantasy GM, but lets face it there is a strong chance that next year all of Kronwall, E, DD, Smith, Green, and Marchenko are going to be in our top 6, and if we do trade/sign someone that only pushes Jensen down further the depth chart or just swaps someone out with someone already in there (ie. Pheneuf/Cowen). Even if we get an injury, it appears XO is above him on the depth chart in the big club's mind.

Edited by kliq

If Ericsson is TRULY sitting this would be a miracle and evidence that Blash wants the best guys to play regardless of seniority - a trait that babcock refused to demonstrate. You can't deny that big E has played himself out of the rotation.

He's been reported with a lower body injury per Ansar Khan http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/players/news/484/jonathan-ericsson

I think the best of it is that the one taking big E's spot isn't Kindl.

Edited by NerveDamage

I agree with all of you on Jensen....I sure wish he would get a shot at least. E being out is great! Not to harp on an injury, but it's time to see what another young gun can do.

I agree, at some point it would be nice to see what he can do, but it would take a lot of injuries and/or moves for that to happen.

Great to see Ouellet get the call. Regarding Jensen, I think he'll be waived and claimed next season, which is a shame because I really like the kid. For me, more so than Ouellet and even Marchenko. He's been the most impressive in each of the past two training camps / pre-seasons in my opinion and he always plays a very smart, efficient game down in Grand Rapids. I don't think he's anything more than a solid number 5 in the NHL, but I don't think Ouellet or Marchenko will ever be anything more than that either. I also don't think if he gets picked up by some other team next season that in a few years time we'll be kicking ourselves, saying "I can't believe we let that stud Nick Jensen go a few years ago", but I do think he'll be a solid pickup for some team. He doesn't do anything extraordinarily well, but he does everything well. He's a very smooth skating, puck moving defenseman, with an above average hockey IQ. He rarely finds himself out of position, but has the speed to recover in the rare time he does. He also has a bit of nastiness in his game and doesn't shy away from the rough stuff. I'm hoping we can find some way to keep him on our bottom pair next season, or even as a number 7...

Great to see Ouellet get the call. Regarding Jensen, I think he'll be waived and claimed next season, which is a shame because I really like the kid. For me, more so than Ouellet and even Marchenko. He's been the most impressive in each of the past two training camps / pre-seasons in my opinion and he always plays a very smart, efficient game down in Grand Rapids. I don't think he's anything more than a solid number 5 in the NHL, but I don't think Ouellet or Marchenko will ever be anything more than that either. I also don't think if he gets picked up by some other team next season that in a few years time we'll be kicking ourselves, saying "I can't believe we let that stud Nick Jensen go a few years ago", but I do think he'll be a solid pickup for some team. He doesn't do anything extraordinarily well, but he does everything well. He's a very smooth skating, puck moving defenseman, with an above average hockey IQ. He rarely finds himself out of position, but has the speed to recover in the rare time he does. He also has a bit of nastiness in his game and doesn't shy away from the rough stuff. I'm hoping we can find some way to keep him on our bottom pair next season, or even as a number 7...

Exactly I would rather Jensen finally getting his chance. I doubt other of them will ever be a top 4 forward Jensen seems to have the most tools of this trio. Or maybe (which I'm hoping for), the Wings are starting to showcase some younger players to the other teams.

Exactly I would rather Jensen finally getting his chance. I doubt other of them will ever be a top 4 forward Jensen seems to have the most tools of this trio. Or maybe (which I'm hoping for), the Wings are starting to showcase some younger players to the other teams.

I hope so too. Jensen is the best puck mover of the three (XO, Sproul and him.) But this is a funny business.

Jensen isn't an NHL player. Why would anyone claim a minor league player?

Potential.

If another teams feels he is better then someone on their active roster, why wouldn't they claim him? You gain an asset for nothing. Andrej Nestrasil was claimed with only 13 games experience. Just because you are not good enough to make the Wings roster, doesn't mean you are not good enough to make the Oilers roster, or Jets roster, or Blue Jackets roster etc.

I know some like to create the narrative that we are awful, but as it stands we are 8/30 in the NHL. This team can be harder to make then others.

Please don't confuse this as me saying "teams will be lining up to get him", as that is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that I could see ONE team taking a shot at him if he goes on waivers.

He's not overly big, he's not great defensively, and he doesn't have a high skill level. There is zero evidence that he can even be a 7th defenseman in the NHL. At least Nestrasil had a good enough camp to make the Wings before crapping the bed and getting waived. Jensen hasn't even done that much, as little as it is.

I think Nick Jensen pooped in Dickie's cheerios...he is more critical of him than I am of Helm!

So many people act like he's some future stud, he just needs a shot. The fact that he's passed Sproul has a lot more to do with Sproul than it does Jensen.

He's not overly big, he's not great defensively, and he doesn't have a high skill level. There is zero evidence that he can even be a 7th defenseman in the NHL. At least Nestrasil had a good enough camp to make the Wings before crapping the bed and getting waived. Jensen hasn't even done that much, as little as it is.

So many people act like he's some future stud, he just needs a shot. The fact that he's passed Sproul has a lot more to do with Sproul than it does Jensen.

He has been called up tho'. Maybe he's the new Brian Lashoff?