• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Tony Granato next Wisconsin Head Coach

Rate this topic

Yeah but at least last year we could have relied on special teams for the extra boost. (not that PK was good last year either)

Wonder what Paul Maclean will be doing next year and if we can bring him back to replace Granato

I've been waiting my whole life for this.

What's to stop Chris Chelios from replacing him?

Pretty sure Chelios didnt want to be a full time coach initially because he wanted to focus on having time to help his kids with there own hockey. Now that they are all older who knows if that will change.

Doesn't sound like a promotion to me.

Looks like our most important offseason moves are to improve the coaching staff around Blashill. Wings had always been good in finding people that a good if not brilliant at their respective job. I hope the signings of Granato and Firschweiler were the only exception from that.

I honestly do not care what the players think...I happen to be of the opinion that many NHL'ers today tend to be spoiled, and are in need for a hard ass coach.

I agree. Scotty was a hardasssssss. He used to put harsh curfews for the players lol.

I honestly do not care what the players think...I happen to be of the opinion that many NHL'ers today tend to be spoiled, and are in need for a hard ass coach.

Babcock was a hard ass coach too and look at his success everywhere. Being a hardass doesn't mean you have to be a rude or over the top coach like Tortarella...it just means demanding work ethic and a pro mentality no matter what.

Blashill will learn to be like that but it takes time and it would be unfair to expect that out of him in his first year.

Also I'm starting to think Pasha would have been the better role model as a captain. Z is too quickly putting bad games behind him.

Babcock was a hard ass coach too and look at his success everywhere. Being a hardass doesn't mean you have to be a rude or over the top coach like Tortarella...it just means demanding work ethic and a pro mentality no matter what.

Blashill will learn to be like that but it takes time and it would be unfair to expect that out of him in his first year.

Also I'm starting to think Pasha would have been the better role model as a captain. Z is too quickly putting bad games behind him.

I agree that Z hasn't been a spectacular captain but I don't think Datsyuk would be comfortable taking care of media all the time, probably to the point of distraction.

Its odd how we've gone from 4-5 captain material guys to 2-0 over a few seasons.

Can we get Lidstrom to coach the defence?

He's busy advising the Swedish national team. He also has some academic stuff going on. And finally he's not returning to the states because of his family for now.

I agree that Z hasn't been a spectacular captain but I don't think Datsyuk would be comfortable taking care of media all the time, probably to the point of distraction.

Its odd how we've gone from 4-5 captain material guys to 2-0 over a few seasons.

The thing is Pasha doesn't have to do the media stuff they could just hire a translator. Pasha leads by example and the guy is ultra competitive that's why I believe he would have been the better choice. I'm not saying Z is a bad captain but maybe after the captain and Lidas the expectations on what to expect from a captain were set too high?

He's busy advising the Swedish national team. He also has some academic stuff going on. And finally he's not returning to the states because of his family for now.

He doesn't have to return just make sure that his oldest son finally gets drafted by the Wings. Danny D. - Lidstrom think about that for years to come!

Nick's oldest son, Kevin is 22 years old and isn't likely to ever make the NHL, let alone become a top pairing beast like his old man. And if I'm not mistaken, Kevin was the only one that plays defense, the other three are all forwards. So the chance we ever see one of the Lidstrom boys on the top pair with DeKeyser is slim to none...

I was joking, but those are pretty good reasons why not.