• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/1 GDT : Minnesota Wild at Red Wings, 7:30 ET

Rate this topic

Honestly, it doesn't matter where Athanasiou and/or Mantha slot in. Their ice time is going to stay the same because of how Blashill utilizes them in relation to special teams. Mantha gets a few minutes more because of the power play.

Glendening's minutes are where they are because spends far too much time on the penalty kill, and because Blash decides to use him when he shortens the bench late in games.

Edit: Looks like Dubnyk's in for the Wild tonight. I expect them to have a lot of jump after last night. Wings need to survive early.

Edited by Jesusberg

why blocked?

anytime the Wings are on NHL Network or NBC/SN, they block the games on GameCenter/NHL.tv now. I cannot get NHL Network here - the cable company will not air it because the NHL wants so much for the rights, the TWC people said it is gouging, and they refuse to negotiate.

So... no hockey for me. I will see if I can find a stream somewhere.... but will not pay the NHL one more penny for GameCenter which is a total rip off. :nono:

Game related comment: I am glad to see Jimmy in goal. He has been playing well... .if only he could score goals. /snark-asm

And for just a second, I actually hoped that the AF threat about Cleary was true. Veteran leadership on the ice - never a bad thing. LGRW!!

Edited by puckloo39

anytime the Wings are on NHL Network or NBC/SN, they block the games on GameCenter/NHL.tv now. I cannot get NHL Network here - the cable company will not air it because the NHL wants so much for the rights, the TWC people said it is gouging, and they refuse to negotiate.

So... no hockey for me. I will see if I can find a stream somewhere.... but will not pay the NHL one more penny for GameCenter which is a total rip off. :nono:

oh right those damn blackouts. I'd be mad as well. They do that even in the playoffs right?

oh right those damn blackouts. I'd be mad as well. They do that even in the playoffs right?

Yup, just about every playoff game will be nationally televised, so there's no seeing them on Gamecenter/NHL.tv. I, too, just discovered that my game will be blacked out - and I don't even live in Michigan. Apparently FS-D+ broadcasts nationally tonight, so even though there would be no hope of finding that channel where I live, I have to find a stream in order to watch.

At some point in the very near future, major sports leagues and media companies are going to wake up to the reality of the internet and have to realize how inane blackout restrictions are, before their broadcasts go the way of newspapers and letter writing. If somebody wants it, they're going to find it, so you may as well let them pay you for it instead of encouraging them to go elsewhere. Whoever figures that out first is going to get a big pay day. Too bad nobody with any sense is making these decisions. Okay, rant over.

Jimmy in net is the right call tonight. What I'll be looking for is whether the team gives up any soft goals early in periods - in the last ten games I think there have been five or six goals in the first minute of a period. Have to be dialed in and focused at this point in the season, and with this much on the line. Tonight could be big for us. Go, Wings, Go!