• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Cap may drop

Rate this topic

Players demanding these huge contracts.. hell they should drop the cap because in the salary cap era no team should have two top two defenseman capable of winning the Norris and a first line of all stars along with a decent goalie cough cough Chicago, if I was a stud at that evel the most id want is 8.5 - 9 mill if I'm happy 10+

Players demanding these huge contracts.. hell they should drop the cap because in the salary cap era no team should have two top two defenseman capable of winning the Norris and a first line of all stars along with a decent goalie cough cough Chicago, if I was a stud at that evel the most id want is 8.5 - 9 mill if I'm not happy 10+

Kane Toews Panarin

Vegas could afford talent these budget teams have to go tho if your owner won't even let you go to cap max, like what the hell shouldn't the sens owner be filthy rich? If not you need to sell because you can't ice a competitive team unless you are right up against the cap it's inevitable, Unless your young but it's hard to win with no experience

Edited by MrazekFanBoy

Its already been hinted at before, but it sounds like the NHLPA will vote in favor of a five-percent escalator for the salary cap in regard to the 2016-17 season.

The precise bump is unclear, yet such a move would mean that the ceiling for each team would rise by a little more than $3

Sportsnets Elliotte Friedman and the New York Posts Larry Brooks both report that the escalator would boost the ceiling to $72.8 million.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/06/16/report-players-likely-to-vote-to-bump-up-2016-17-salary-cap/

Well that's good I suppose.. Anyone know if that escalator also bumps up the cap floor? That'd be slightly more convenient for moving pavs contract if he leaves ha

$3 million raise is perfect for Tampa to re-sign Stamkos.. lol.

Am I the only one who wants Stamkos to go anywhere but Toronto? Obviously I think their plan all along was to trade away salary, tank it for the 1st pick, and then go after a guy like Stamkos in his prime. I hope the cap going up either means Tampa re-signs him or the wings can open up their wallets now. Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

I'm sorry but Yzerman is crazy if he thought he would be able to keep even 80% of that roster intact too much talent, he should deal Kucherov and Palat/Killorn and one of those d-man and sign Stamkos, may be too late now hell with guys like Boyle and Callahan you don't really need Killorn.