• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Frans Nielsen will represent Red Wings at NHL All-Star Game

Rate this topic

It's funny coaches, GMs, players that had the pleasure of facing Toews are all raving about his abilities, work ethic and tremendous leadership. Also Toews would probably the first guy stating that he is having a bad season by his standards.

Claude Loiselle and O'Sullivan said it best if people are only looking at points when it comes to Toews they are making a mistake.

Did he deserve to be there? Probably not but questioning if the guy is top 100 all time is wrong: 3 cups, 2 Olympic gold medals, WJC gold, annual selke candidate and under 30 that's freaking impressive.

Of course he had help from Keith, Seabrook, Kane, Hossa and Crawford but hockey is a team game.

19 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

It's funny coaches, GMs, players that had the pleasure of facing Toews are all raving about his abilities, work ethic and tremendous leadership. Also Toews would probably the first guy stating that he is having a bad season by his standards.

Claude Loiselle and O'Sullivan said it best if people are only looking at points when it comes to Toews they are making a mistake.

Did he deserve to be there? Probably not but questioning if the guy is top 100 all time is wrong: 3 cups, 2 Olympic gold medals, WJC gold, annual selke candidate and under 30 that's freaking impressive.

Of course he had help from Keith, Seabrook, Kane, Hossa and Crawford but hockey is a team game.

Malkin's is more impressive. You're wrong. I am Ken Holland.

12 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

I'd take Toews over Malkin every day.

I don't understand that you are Holland joke but ok.

Evgeni Malkin:

14th all time in points per game.

2 scoring titles, 2 Cups, 1 Hart, 1 Lindsey, 1 Calder, 1 Conn Smythe

Jonathan Toews:

136th all time in points per game

3 cups, 2 Olympic gold medals, 1 WJC gold

Do you smoke drugs Frank?

Evgeni Malkin:
Jonathan Toews:

None of your business and no I don't.

You take Malkin I take Toews, fine.

37 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Evgeni Malkin:

Jonathan Toews:

Tayes is a better two-way player and leader, but not by enough to make up for the offensive discrepancy between the two.  

Tayes is a better two-way player and leader, but not by enough to make up for the offensive discrepancy between the two.  

No because I value leadership, 100 percent effort and a great two way game more than the chance to get an all world while also having the chance ro get an I don't care performance, that's never the case with captain serious and it rubs of on the rest of the team, especially young guns.

Maybe it's easier to compare Malkin and Kane, then you don't have to muddy it with intangibles and leadership....Malkin still comes out on top...easily.

Malkin should have been on there before several others on the top 100 list as well, but it's easy enough just to compare to the current players.

29 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

No because I value leadership, 100 percent effort and a great two way game more than the chance to get an all world while also having the chance ro get an I don't care performance, that's never the case with captain serious and it rubs of on the rest of the team, especially young guns.

What?? Think you may need to lay off the mary jane Frank.

Are you implying Malkin is lazy? Bad defensively? Bad with younger players? I have never heard any of these things.

On talent alone, who do you think is the better player? Malkin or Toews?

What?? Think you may need to lay off the mary jane Frank.
Are you implying Malkin is lazy? Bad defensively? Bad with younger players? I have never heard any of these things.
On talent alone, who do you think is the better player? Malkin or Toews?

Maybe you should lay of the Wodka bottle I never said that. But Malkin is either on and then he is really on or he disappears here and there.

Malkin has more talent but captain serious is no doubt the harder working guy.

11 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Maybe you should lay of the Wodka bottle I never said that. But Malkin is either on and then he is really on or he disappears here and there.

Maybe if "Captain Serious" was more talented, his bringing it every night would result in a little more scoring.  His offensive numbers don't justify that salary.  

Maybe if "Captain Serious" was more talented, his bringing it every night would result in a little more scoring.  His offensive numbers don't justify that salary.  

I'm sure the Bowman's and Wirtz jr. are having sleepless nights over it..maybe their 3 cups can help out a little bit...just maybe.

Sure this is a bad season for Toews but lets see what he does come playoff time

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Where did you read this? Malkin is a lot more consistent than Toews is, so no you're wrong again. 

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

I'm sure the Bowman's and Wirtz jr. are having sleepless nights over it..maybe their 3 cups can help out a little bit...just maybe.

Sure this is a bad season for Toews but lets see what he does come playoff time

Again Frank, nobody is arguing that he is a bad player. The argument is that he is looked at like he is at the level of a Crosby and Ovie and he simply isn't. He may very well step it up come playoff time, but he won't be their best player, or even second best player as that will likely be Keith and Kane. Saying someone is not worth 10.5mil is not the same as saying they are bad.

Again Frank, nobody is arguing that he is a bad player. The argument is that he is looked at like he is at the level of a Crosby and Ovie and he simply isn't. He may very well step it up come playoff time, but he won't be their best player, or even second best player as that will likely be Keith and Kane. Saying someone is not worth 10.5mil is not the same as saying they are bad.

Nobody right now is on the level of Crosby. Well he is worth it to the Hawks they've paid it so he's worth it. If people want to take Malkin over him fine with me I would take Toews.

I mean everyone is free to come up with their own top 100 list, it's not rocket science

1 minute ago, frankgrimes said:

Nobody right now is on the level of Crosby. Well he is worth it to the Hawks they've paid it so he's worth it. If people want to take Malkin over him fine with me I would take Toews.

I mean everyone is free to come up with their own top 100 list, it's not rocket science

Is Ericsson worth 4.25?

Is Clarkson worth 5.25?

36 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Read the damn paragraph once more someone paid it so they are worth it, period.

No they aren't lol. Do you live your life without understanding basic marketing, asset worth and values? A home owner could sell a house for a million dollars to a sucker, doesn't mean the market value of that house is actually a million dollars. It could be 700k. Welcome to America and capitalism. 

Years ago my 2000 mustang's kelly blue book value was listed at $6000. Sold that s*** for $9000 to some college undergrad who really wanted a mustang. That car was not worth $9000 lol. 

We live in a world of stupid people who get exploited. 

Edited by kickazz

14 minutes ago, kickazz said:

No they aren't lol. Do you live your life without understanding basic marketing, asset worth and values? A home owner could sell a house for a million dollars to a sucker, doesn't mean the market value of that house is actually a million dollars. It could be 700k. Welcome to America and capitalism. 

Years ago my 2000 mustang's kelly blue book value was listed at $6000. Sold that s*** for $9000 to some college undergrad who really wanted a mustang. That car was not worth $9000 lol. 

We live in a world of stupid people who get exploited. 

I think you are the one who doesn't understand it.

Someone paid 9.000 $ for your car because for him it was worth it, period. But I guess understanding such simple things is too much for some. If a house is worth a million and someone is willing to pay double that amount, then to him it's worth it, period. Others may value the house lower fine but the one who got has set his personal value at 2 mill, not hard to understand.

Go come up with your own list and for all I care don't even include captain serious in it. Can't believe  how much people like to talk something as worthless as an NHL top 100 list.