• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Ken Hitchcock fired as coach of Blues

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

He can just right the ship for Chelios to take it over in a couple of seasons...

What has Chelios done to make you think he would be a good coach? His accomplishments to date are that he has been an assistant on one of the worst coached teams we have had in years. Other then being Chris Chelios, why should we assume he is some great coach? Don't get me wrong, he could be, but I don't want to bank on it.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Chelios could do as a full time assistant for the defense and penalty kill, but as a head coach, no thanks...

As for Hitchcock, it probably wouldn't be the worst thing to give him a call, but I'm not going to be all up in arms if he doesn't come "save this team"... As much as everyone (myself included) like to blame coaching and act as if Blashill is the worst coach of all time, I think the issues with this team, are much deeper than the man behind the bench.

I b**** about Blash as much as anyone (well, maybe not...), but my biggest issue with him is and has been his personnel usage, and although it's still far from perfect, it has gotten MUCH better. I'd still like to see better usage for Athanasiou, Mantha (past few games), Jurco, Sproul, Mrazek, etc., but he does seem more willing as of late, to rely on the youth than he was at the beginning of the season.

Besides, for those that want to "tank" or even rebuild, why would we want anything to do with a top 5 coach, on the last year(s) of his career? I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'd rather stick it out with Blashill, and if anyone becomes available this summer, then maybe we explore other options...

Well if Hitchcock wants to continue to stay in the NHL then lets get him. Scotty Bowman coached till he was what? 69 years old? I guess it depends on if Hitchcock changes his mind on retiring. Maybe getting fired will motivate him to finish off strong and coach another 3 or 4 years.

Edited by kickazz

I like Hitch and respect him as a coach.

The only reason I don't want him here is selfish.  Whenever we play him, I can't even watch with people here because it is a barrage of comments about how he is no good as a person because he's fat.  As a fat person, I find it hard to focus on the game when people are being so shallow and cruel.

If he coached here, you'd hear it every single time someone disagreed with him.  Bad PP?  Hitch eats donuts.  Bad PK?  Hitch eats donuts.  Bad anthem singer on the 2nd stop of our road trip?  Hitch eats donuts.

On behalf of Michigandrian donut lovers, I say pass.......

the sprinkles.

On 03/02/2017 at 5:35 AM, 55fan said:

I like Hitch and respect him as a coach.

The only reason I don't want him here is selfish.  Whenever we play him, I can't even watch with people here because it is a barrage of comments about how he is no good as a person because he's fat.  As a fat person, I find it hard to focus on the game when people are being so shallow and cruel.

If he coached here, you'd hear it every single time someone disagreed with him.  Bad PP?  Hitch eats donuts.  Bad PK?  Hitch eats donuts.  Bad anthem singer on the 2nd stop of our road trip?  Hitch eats donuts.

On behalf of Michigandrian donut lovers, I say pass.......

the sprinkles.

I am ken Holland, and I approve this message! Hitchcock IS too fat to coach here. We like our team. We are planning on offering blashill 10.7 million dollars per year for 7 years. He has the bmi were looking for here in Detroit to be a competitor. 

(Also since when are emojis not allowed?)

10 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

I am ken Holland, and I approve this message! Hitchcock IS too fat to coach here. We like our team. We are planning on offering blashill 10.7 million dollars per year for 7 years. He has the bmi were looking for here in Detroit to be a competitor. 

This. 

40 minutes ago, Euro_Twins said:

:eh:  This makes me very emojinal.