• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Avalanche

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Well, the Oilers were horrible even with Hall, Yak, Nuge, Eberle, Draisatil etc. because the management and coaching wasn't there. Once the 80's dynasty club was given the boot things began to turn around. They also had no defence and goaltending, and now they've rectified the goaltending, and the D is better. I still think they got ripped in the Hall/Larsson trade though. Hall was their top player ever since his rookie season, good for 60-80 points a year when he's healthy. Imagine if they had him and McDavid? I know they shopped Nuge and Yak for D help, but no team wanted them considering  Yak was a bust who didn't even benefit from a change of scenery (6 points 31 games in STL), and Nuge underperforms for a guy with a $6 million a year deal. Hall was the only way to get a deal done.

Either way, that team is starting to look scary with everything finally together and clicking. If they can get a couple more solid Dmen, they will be the next Chicago and have a couple cups soon enough after decades of futility

Take McDavid off this team, then you also loose Lucic, and who know's who else. You can say the 80's players being removed played a huge part, and they may have but and the end of the day put McDavid on any NHL team and they will significantly go up a few notches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Juklitz said:

It´s told (from reliable source) there´re major issues in locker room with guys like Duchene or MacKinnon. The team is falling apart. Seems like these will be traded, sooner than later. Avs to rub the bottom couple next years. 

 

 

 

Just goes to show how good Detroit was. Devils and Avs both collapsed, and yet they still suck. Wings sustained but are falling behind now yet still somehow better than both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Take McDavid off this team, then you also loose Lucic, and who know's who else. You can say the 80's players being removed played a huge part, and they may have but and the end of the day put McDavid on any NHL team and they will significantly go up a few notches. 

That is true. Although he's obviously not the whole team, he's the best talent the league has seen since Crosby, and he will attract good players that want to play on a team with him, and prevent other good/great drafted players from leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Just goes to show how good Detroit was. Devils and Avs both collapsed, and yet they still suck. Wings sustained but are falling behind now yet still somehow better than both of them.

NJ currently has a better record than DET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

Comparing not only this season but the last ten years, do you still really think that ?

The question was about this season and in that case NJ is better not by much but still.

If the Avalanche get the asking price for one of Duchene or Landeskog they'll be in the mix again soon, just too much talent to not be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

Comparing not only this season but the last ten years, do you still really think that ?

The comment was that DET is still better than NJ, I'm not sure what the last 10 years has to with that.

34 minutes ago, BobL said:

Two games in hand, six worse on goal differential and 3 points ahead is hardly a better record...

 

This isn't an opinion, yes, NJ has played 2 more games and yes, they only have 3 more points, but that equates to a better record, period (DET is only on pace for just over 1pt per game, so 3 more points in 2 extra games is better)....their basically equivalent right now, but NJ's record is slightly better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

NJ currently has a better record than DET

 

8 hours ago, derblaueClaus said:

Comparing not only this season but the last ten years, do you still really think that ?

+1.

Also Detroit has a better team than the Devils. Maybe not playing to there potential because of a horrible coach. Every single player except Mantha, Green and Vanek have underperformed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

Also Detroit has a better team than the Devils. Maybe not playing to there potential because of a horrible coach. Every single player except Mantha, Green and Vanek have underperformed.

Better team is very subjective.  I know the majority like to pile it on the coach around here, but there also needs to be a sense of realism built in here as well.  The biggest problem right now is the older players got older, if still around, decline sets in and in other cases, those players are gone.  Younger players haven't been able to come in and develop quick enough to offset.  There is currently a big hole on defense.  Having a real solid defense goes a long way and the team simply doesn't have that right now.

In terms of everyone underperforming other than Mantha, Green and Vanek....without going through everyone, I'm not sure how much more can be expected out of Zetterberg.  I almost think he's overperforming.  I know its not to the same level as in the past, but to expect that as he continues to age is unrealistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Better team is very subjective.  I know the majority like to pile it on the coach around here, but there also needs to be a sense of realism built in here as well.  The biggest problem right now is the older players got older, if still around, decline sets in and in other cases, those players are gone.  Younger players haven't been able to come in and develop quick enough to offset.  There is currently a big hole on defense.  Having a real solid defense goes a long way and the team simply doesn't have that right now.

In terms of everyone underperforming other than Mantha, Green and Vanek....without going through everyone, I'm not sure how much more can be expected out of Zetterberg.  I almost think he's overperforming.  I know its not to the same level as in the past, but to expect that as he continues to age is unrealistic.

I agree with the Zetterberg comment. He's been good for us despite him losing a step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Military appreciation night. Coach wears duck hunting camo. Is Bednar wacky in the head or something? Canadians do you know what military is?

h3iss72zadj41.jpg

Yes they do. The military is the guys who protect Canada from the Geese, they're biggest threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this