• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Russo reporting that the Wild/Blues will play a preseason game in Kansas City this year, likely to gauge fan interest.

Expand into Seattle to even up the conferences.

Move Arizona to Kansas City

Move Carolina to Quebec City

Whamo, NHL fixed

While it makes sense to us - Bettman & Co probably see things differently (hence all the bull$hit in Glendale, AZ).

I honestly would be surprised to see any team in the east to move to QC...Seems like they're all doing well enough to stay put...For now.

On 6/13/2017 at 10:42 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Russo reporting that the Wild/Blues will play a preseason game in Kansas City this year, likely to gauge fan interest.

Expand into Seattle to even up the conferences.

Move Arizona to Kansas City

Move Carolina to Quebec City

Whamo, NHL fixed

So what's all this talk about Kansas City?

On 6/13/2017 at 2:21 PM, F.Michael said:

While it makes sense to us - Bettman & Co probably see things differently (hence all the bull$hit in Glendale, AZ).

I honestly would be surprised to see any team in the east to move to QC...Seems like they're all doing well enough to stay put...For now.

Being in NC and going to both wings games in Carolina, Lets just say we pack the house and not the cane fans. Even though i am a wings fan I still would like to see the team in NC just for eco reasons and to catch 2 extra games local a year, but attendance is awful! Owner trying to get money and not loose control at the same time. Renting out the RBC center for super cheap for years to come with a large buy back to move would be the only thing to keep them put. Think the total value for the team is 200mil which in the grand scheme of things is low. 

7 minutes ago, THATANK911 said:

Being in NC and going to both wings games in Carolina, Lets just say we pack the house and not the cane fans. Even though i am a wings fan I still would like to see the team in NC just for eco reasons and to catch 2 extra games local a year, but attendance is awful! Owner trying to get money and not loose control at the same time. Renting out the RBC center for super cheap for years to come with a large buy back to move would be the only thing to keep them put. Think the total value for the team is 200mil which in the grand scheme of things is low. 

Unlike the Yotes - the Canes seem to have 'just enough' support from the area, and a good enough owner/s where the chance of them moving is sorta slim right now...Then again the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg was a bit of a surprise since it was all deals under the table, or so it least seemed that way.

5 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Unlike the Yotes - the Canes seem to have 'just enough' support from the area, and a good enough owner/s where the chance of them moving is sorta slim right now...Then again the Thrashers moving to Winnipeg was a bit of a surprise since it was all deals under the table, or so it least seemed that way.

From what I've heard from my cousin who lives in Phoenix, the Gila River Arena is a pain in the ass for most in the metro area to get to, especially to games on week nights because of rush hour. I think they'd have better numbers if they were in a more central location, and you know, not a dumpster team. 

9 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

From what I've heard from my cousin who lives in Phoenix, the Gila River Arena is a pain in the ass for most in the metro area to get to, especially to games on week nights because of rush hour. I think they'd have better numbers if they were in a more central location, and you know, not a dumpster team. 

I've heard the same...Been down there myself 10 years ago...It is a ways west of downtown Phoenix, but that said they're not the only team with issues (a buddy of mine recently visited Ottawa, and was at a playoff game against the Pens, and their barn was a ways outta the way so to speak).

If I recall - even when the Yotes were downtown, and shared the arena with the Suns - they still lost $$$.

Bump...

A bit of late news...Apparently the Seattle city council made it's decision back in September, and are going with the Oak View Group.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/oak-view-group-plans-to-renovate-keyarena-by-october-2020-spend-40-million-on-transportation-fund/

On 12/6/2017 at 4:53 AM, Dabura said:

-4 points for appropriation of Irish Culture. -9,001 points for appropriation of Indigenous Peoples of the Pacific Northwest Coast of North America's Culture. -777 points for no frogs.

It's called Coast Salish. ;)

here's your frogge

embark_logomark_HIRES_0.jpg

the rarest of pepe's

Edited by NerveDamage

What's the team nickname going to be? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/ranking-15-nickname-suggestions-for-a-future-nhl-expansion-team-in-seattle/

Some good ones in there. Surprised the Metropolitans aren't listed. Would like to see Seals return to the NHL somewhere. Whatever it would be, they have to bring back these sweaters. 

download.jpg.31634294c60ff7714386bb38b8c48e01.jpg

Update on the NHL in Seattle:

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/12/4/16736568/nhl-expansion-seattle-relocation-keyarena-renovation-city-council-vote

The question now is, who gets expansion and who gets relocation? The league can get as much as 600 million dollars as an expansion fee. So I think that happens first. My guess is that Seattle gets expansion to even out the conferences and Quebec City and Houston are favorites for relocation.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

16 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Update on the NHL in Seattle:

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/12/4/16736568/nhl-expansion-seattle-relocation-keyarena-renovation-city-council-vote

The question now is, who gets expansion and who gets relocation? The league can get as much as 600 million dollars as an expansion fee. So I think that happens first. My guess is that Seattle gets expansion to even out the conferences and Quebec City and Houston are favorites for relocation.

Pretty much as how I see it.

Yotes can move to Houston, and Canes/Panthers/Isles can move to QC.

15 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Other than Quebec City, no other city in North America should get an NHL team.  

I agree that QC should be at the top of the list - however with the unbalanced conference issue it appears expansion should be in the west (unless of course QC plays as a western conference team for a few seasons - such as the Jets had played in the east for a season).

Interesting article...https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/11/16291446/nhl-expansion-quebec-city-seattle-players-poll-results

On 6/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, F.Michael said:

Would be nice to see a team there - instant rivalry with the Canucks, and if you don't like these jerseys - then you're either the spawn of Satan, or a Pens fan.

Totems%20uniform%201966-1975.jpg

I honestly hate the top one. The black that fills the void areas makes the logo look terrible to me.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:54 PM, F.Michael said:

Would be nice to see a team there - instant rivalry with the Canucks, and if you don't like these jerseys - then you're either the spawn of Satan, or a Pens fan.

Totems%20uniform%201966-1975.jpg

Little late to the party but aren't they the same? Pens fan = Spawn of Satan or are those Hawks or Leafs fans. Can't keep track ...

18 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Seattle Hipsters.  The only beer they sell is PBR, fans wearing skinny jeans and glasses with no lenses get 25% off their admission, and they'll NEVER sell out, man!

Wouldn't PBR be too macro for hipsters? Or their taps will just pour out Starbuck's coffee.

If they don't show up, it's because they expect the team to be publicly owned and tickets to be free.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie