• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't say I'm necessarily "done" with Athanasiou, but I'd definitely be shopping him (which I think they are). If there's a decent enough return, I'd move him. I wouldn't want to sell low on him though.

Ouellet should be traded before the draft for a late round pick. If there's no takers, waive him before the season starts.

I'd rather keep Jensen as a low cost, bottom pairing defenseman. Possibly shop him at the deadline.

5 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Right. I like Jensen and with a good defensive core, he's a solid 5/6 guy, especially for his cap hit. What they NEED to NOT do is re-sign Green and leave a spot open for Hicketts, Hronek, Cholowski, Sulak, or possibly our #6 pick to compete for. Ouellet will be gone, one way or another. One of those guys will be called up because you know one of Kronwall, Ericsson, or Daley will get hurt at the very least. I like the idea of having Sulak in the lineup as a true shutdown D, since we don't have one right now, although I'm not entirely sure how effective he will be at the NHL level. They need to package Athanasiou for a young D-man, if possible. I'm not worried if he stays, but I think a lot will depend upon who we draft.

I understand trading Ouellet because they decided, for one reason or another, to crap on developing him anymore or giving him a true opportunity. Jensen on the block makes sense but when your D is mostly closing in on the mid-30s age range, it'd be nice to keep the players under 30.

Problem is, Jensen's nice cap hit goes away after this season. He'll just be another spare part Dman making 1 - 2 million then. We have no need for that at this point in time.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Problem is, Jensen's nice cap hit goes away after this season. He'll just be another spare part Dman making 1 - 2 million then. We have no need for that at this point in time.

A right-handed 3rd pairing defensemen making 1 million and under 30 is perfectly fine for this team. What we have no need for at this point in time is a 33-year-old injury prone defensemen who isn't nearly as good offensively as he's given credit for (anymore) and will cost them 4.5 million for each of the next 2 seasons.

10 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

A right-handed 3rd pairing defensemen making 1 million and under 30 is perfectly fine for this team. What we have no need for at this point in time is a 33-year-old injury prone defensemen who isn't nearly as good offensively as he's given credit for (anymore) and will cost them 4.5 million for each of the next 2 seasons.

What does Green have anything to do with this?

Fine for this team? I didn't realize our standards had dropped so low. Please explain what the purpose of giving a raise to a 3rd pairing Dman is. This team does not need Nick Jensen. Nick Jensen is a spare part that can easily be replaced at will, for cheaper than what he's going to make. There's absolutely no reason to keep him around, and every reason to trade him for a pick to a contender.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Athanasiou's got Mrazek syndrome

Jensen's a righty, so I can see why the teams trying to offload him, don't need any of those

LOL I wouldn't worry too much about that. The Red Wings don't mind bottom 6 / bottom pair righties. It's the top 6 righties they loathe...

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fine for this team? I didn't realize our standards had dropped so low. Please explain what the purpose of giving a raise to a 3rd pairing Dman is. This team does not need Nick Jensen. Nick Jensen is a spare part that can easily be replaced at will, for cheaper than what he's going to make. There's absolutely no reason to keep him around, and every reason to trade him for a pick to a contender.

Please, enlighten me to who will be cheaper than 1 million and be as reliable as Nick Jensen? I'm not saying that I am completely against trading Nick Jensen, but if they do it only to re-sign Mike Green and not promote Hicketts, Hronek, Cholowski, Sulak, or our #6 pick, then it's pure stupidity in a rebuild.

23 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Right. I like Jensen and with a good defensive core, he's a solid 5/6 guy, especially for his cap hit. What they NEED to NOT do is re-sign Green and leave a spot open for Hicketts, Hronek, Cholowski, Sulak, or possibly our #6 pick to compete for. Ouellet will be gone, one way or another. One of those guys will be called up because you know one of Kronwall, Ericsson, or Daley will get hurt at the very least. I like the idea of having Sulak in the lineup as a true shutdown D, since we don't have one right now, although I'm not entirely sure how effective he will be at the NHL level. They need to package Athanasiou for a young D-man, if possible. I'm not worried if he stays, but I think a lot will depend upon who we draft.

I understand trading Ouellet because they decided, for one reason or another, to crap on developing him anymore or giving him a true opportunity. Jensen on the block makes sense but when your D is mostly closing in on the mid-30s age range, it'd be nice to keep the players under 30.

I'm guessing you're not too familiar with Sulak's game? He's all about offense, and his defense is rather weak. I doubt he'll be able to play the same style game that he's been accustomed to at the NHL level, so he'll likely have to round out his game. Maybe the defense comes, but I doubt he'll ever be anything close to a shut-down defenseman.

21 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I agree that we don't need Jensen, but if he re-signs for $1M for another season or two, I'd be completely fine with him playing 3rd pair minutes. Now, if we can trade him at the deadline for a mid-round pick, I'd be okay with that as well. I don't see Jensen blocking any of the kids as much as I do some of the other defensemen on this team. But hey, if Blashill is true to his word and spots are actually up for grabs, and DeKeyser, Daley, Kronwall, Ericsson, Hicketts, Hronek and *Bouchard* all outplay Jensen, I'm more than okay with trading him.

I'm not opposed to trading Jensen, but I do feel (just based on the eyeball test, boys) that his agility, lateral movement and ability to use it to avoid being hemmed into the d zone are really underrated around here. Jensen's replaceable, sure, but what he brings is something Detroit doesn't have a lot of. I still remember the pure frustration in recent memory of watching the Wings utterly fail to leave their own zone. 

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Please, enlighten me to who will be cheaper than 1 million and be as reliable as Nick Jensen? I'm not saying that I am completely against trading Nick Jensen, but if they do it only to re-sign Mike Green and not promote Hicketts, Hronek, Cholowski, Sulak, or our #6 pick, then it's pure stupidity in a rebuild.

I don't know where you guys are getting $1 million from. I said he's probably going to sign for somewhere between 1 - 2 million depending on how his season goes. IMO he's definitely going to make over $1 million.

Really? Who can we replace him with for cheaper than that?

In our own system: Hicketts, Hronek, Cholowski, Sulak, Russo, Mcilrath, Lashoff

Outside our system this year: Quincey, Polak, Edmundson, Miller, Oduya, Connauton, Franson, Manning, Oleksiak, to name a few

Outside our system next year: Bortuzzo, Benn, ect. there's too many to list

Hell we could pull Marchenko back out of Russia, or a guy like Nesterov, there's a plethora of foreign dmen who could do the same job for the same or cheaper.

He's a dime a dozen defender. A warm body taking up a roster spot. We're a rebuilder. As soon as he needs a raise we should be shipping him out for a pick.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I'm not opposed to trading Jensen, but I do feel (just based on the eyeball test, boys) that his agility, lateral movement and ability to use it to avoid being hemmed into the d zone are really underrated around here. Jensen's replaceable, sure, but what he brings is something Detroit doesn't have a lot of. I still remember the pure frustration in recent memory of watching the Wings utterly fail to leave their own zone. 

He's definitely a nice 3rd pairing piece. Affordable, RH, and very mobile. Exactly the type of player a contender will want to take on at the deadline. Which is exactly why he should be traded to a contender at the deadline.

Trust me, if I was confident this team was going to contend this year I'd be singing the opposite tune, but we more than likely won't be.

We should be focused on acquiring young core players, and draft picks that can become young core players. Jensen is neither young, part of the core, or a draft pick, which makes him completely expendable.

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yet you make no mention of the 3 other boat anchors (Kronwall, Ericsson, Dekeyser) taking up 14 mil per.  Jensen is the least of our problems.

Yet you make no mention of the 4 other boat anchors (Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Nielsen) taking up 14 mil plus per. Kronwall, Ericsson, and Dekeyser are the least of our problems.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yet you make no mention of the 4 other boat anchors (Abdelkader, Helm, Glendening, Nielsen) taking up 14 mil plus per. Kronwall, Ericsson, and Dekeyser are the least of our problems.

I read somewhere that Ericsson is probably the best defender in the league 

8 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm guessing you're not too familiar with Sulak's game? He's all about offense, and his defense is rather weak. I doubt he'll be able to play the same style game that he's been accustomed to at the NHL level, so he'll likely have to round out his game. Maybe the defense comes, but I doubt he'll ever be anything close to a shut-down defenseman.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that he played some really solid defense at the worlds.

12 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I could have sworn I read somewhere that he played some really solid defense at the worlds.

All I heard was Blash really liked his game and thought Sulak would likely be right up there with Hicketts and Hronek in competition for a spot right out of camp.

4 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Maybe you read that he played really solid as an offensive defenseman at the World's? He's been a shot generating machine at every level. He's great at getting shots through from the point. He's a very good skater for a bigger defenseman, but his defense needs work. I heard an interview with Nelson when Sulak came over. His original plan was to pair the two Czech's (Sulak and Hronek) together, but he didn't want to have two offensive defensemen on the same pair, running around in the offensive zone.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yet you make no mention of the 20 bucks you owe me for Howard not winning 35 games after he was deemed to be average.  

Hey man, everybody knows you don't actually have to pay up on internet bets... Otherwise you'd owe me a trip to Detroit...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2779884-nhl-rumors-latest-trade-buzz-on-phil-kessel-jeff-skinner-and-more

Per Pierre LeBrun, #Canes are asking for a 1st + prospect for Jeff Skinner.

Jeff Skinner Could Be Traded as Carolina Hurricanes Seek Toughness

"Either the players have to be tougher or you have to bring in tougher players," he said. "I'm easy. I'll take either one." 

Phil Kessel's Future as a Pittsburgh Penguin Is in Doubt

"all is not well in the relationship between Kessel and [Pittsburgh Penguins head coach] Mike Sullivan." According to Yohe, the situation between player and coach has become increasingly problematic over the past year, and it has led to various trade rumors involving the sniper.

Adding fuel to the fire were recent comments from Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford, who had every opportunity to say Kessel wasn't going to be traded, but he didn't.