• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

59 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Vancouver's #7 overall to start. If it's a hockey trade, how about Boeser for one of them straight up? I'd do it.

To start? I don't think Skinner or Faulk are worth the 7th overall pick alone, let alone adding to that.

If you were who? Carolina? Absolutely. Vancouver? Hell No!

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

To start? I don't think Skinner or Faulk are worth the 7th overall pick alone, let alone adding to that.

If you were who? Carolina? Absolutely. Vancouver? Hell No!

giphy.gif

What? you wouldn't give up the 7th pick for Faulk? I would. A 25 year old team captain, right handed, puck moving, top pair defenseman? What are you going to get at 7 that's better? Wahlstrom? Is a winger more valuable than a Dman? Dobson, Hughes? Unknowns who may not turn out to be as good as Faulk? Yes, I think it would take more than that pick.

For Skinner? NO.

For Hanifin? Yes.

And as far as Boeser goes, would I trade a 21 year old winger for a future 21 year old top pair D in Hanifin? 8 days a week I would make that trade. If I am the Canucks, I don't even hesitate.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

What? you wouldn't give up the 7th pick for Faulk? I would. A 25 year old team captain, right handed, puck moving, top pair defenseman? What are you going to get at 7 that's better? Wahlstrom? Is a winger more valuable than a Dman? Dobson, Hughes? Unknowns who may not turn out to be as good as Faulk? Yes, I think it would take more than that pick.

For Skinner? NO.

For Hanifin? Yes.

And as far as Boeser goes, would I trade a 21 year old winger for a future 21 year old top pair D in Hanifin? 8 days a week I would make that trade. If I am the Canucks, I don't even hesitate.

Although we were talking about Vancouver, I was kind of thinking about it from the Wings perspective. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I did because I have a much better idea where we're at than I do where Vancouver are in their rebuild. I'm not exactly sure how quick they want to turn things around. I know the Wings shouldn't be looking for any quick fixes, and Vancouver probably shouldn't be either.

So no, I wouldn't trade the 6th (7th) overall pick straight up for Faulk. In the position we're in, I'd take the 18 year old (Bouchard) that can hopefully grow with the rest of the young core, into a top pair defenseman, over the 26 year old (Faulk), who will be a UFA in two years.

I've always been a big Faulk fan and have advocated trading for him in the past. However, I don't think it's the right move to trade for a 26 year old, soon to be UFA. We're nowhere close to contending (neither are Vancouver), and by the time we are, Faulk would likely be in his 30's.

I agree on Skinner. Definitely not.

Hanifin was not brought up, but yes, I'd definitely trade the 6th or 7th overall pick for him. Prime age that can learn and grow with the young core.

Again, we were not talking about Hanifin, we were talking about Faulk and Skinner. So no, I would not trade a 21 year old Boeser for a 26 year old Faulk or Skinner. Yes, I probably would trade him for a 21 year old Hanifin.

On 5/18/2018 at 6:40 AM, krsmith17 said:

Hanifin was not brought up, but yes, I'd definitely trade the 6th or 7th overall pick for him. Prime age that can learn and grow with the young core.

Again, we were not talking about Hanifin, we were talking about Faulk and Skinner. So no, I would not trade a 21 year old Boeser for a 26 year old Faulk or Skinner. Yes, I probably would trade him for a 21 year old Hanifin.

Sorry. You didn't bring up Hanifin. I was referring to one of their young D when I said "one of them", Hanifin being the one I would want the most. But since you mentioned Skinner and Faulk, I see now how you thought that's who I was referring to. I have a habit of skimming thru posts sometimes, I need to work on that.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

“I believe that the Canucks have shown interest in Hanifin, and I believe that whatever they’ve talked about the Hurricanes haven’t discounted it. Look, I know this is going to go bananas. I’m just going to say this is my guess. My guess is it involves the seventh overall pick, but I don’t know that for sure.”

“If I knew what I know about Noah Hanifin and I believe he’s going to play for a long time – and I believe he will, barring injuries – I think that if that is what Vancouver is going to have to give up, I would be seriously considering it.”

“If you’re talking about a guy who says, ‘No, I want a two-year bridge deal,’ I don’t know if I’m gambling the No. 7 pick on that,” said Friedman. “But if you have a guy here that’s willing to take term, I’ll tell you this – I’m probably doing it.”  

Faulk, who is also likely garnering a fair bit of trade interest, has two seasons left on his pact with a cap hit a shade over $4.83 million. The defenseman has no trade protection written into his deal.

You know what's better than 7th overall for Hanifin? 6th overall.

AA or Svech plus a 2nd for Faulk.

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

So, if they'd be interested in the 7th from Vancouver, would you step up and offer them the 6th for Hanifin? Or would you try and get Faulk with a couple of player assets?

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

“I believe that the Canucks have shown interest in Hanifin, and I believe that whatever they’ve talked about the Hurricanes haven’t discounted it. Look, I know this is going to go bananas. I’m just going to say this is my guess. My guess is it involves the seventh overall pick, but I don’t know that for sure.”

“If I knew what I know about Noah Hanifin and I believe he’s going to play for a long time – and I believe he will, barring injuries – I think that if that is what Vancouver is going to have to give up, I would be seriously considering it.”

“If you’re talking about a guy who says, ‘No, I want a two-year bridge deal,’ I don’t know if I’m gambling the No. 7 pick on that,” said Friedman. “But if you have a guy here that’s willing to take term, I’ll tell you this – I’m probably doing it.”  

Faulk, who is also likely garnering a fair bit of trade interest, has two seasons left on his pact with a cap hit a shade over $4.83 million. The defenseman has no trade protection written into his deal.

You know what's better than 7th overall for Hanifin? 6th overall.

AA or Svech plus a 2nd for Faulk.

How about BOTH trades?

#6, #36, Svech for Faulk and Hanifin?