• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

16 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

A savvy gm gets a late 1st (Pittsburgh) for Tatar + 2nd, then repackages it with Green for a mid 1st (Edmonton), then repackages it with Marazek and Nyquist for a top 10 first (Carolina).

If only you were the Red Wings GM...

12 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I do feel like things seem to be lining up in our favor. Yzerman wants a Mike Green type defenseman and, given where the Bolts are with their Cup window, their picks and prospects are relatively expendable to them. Poile wants a scoring winger and Nyquist and Tatar roughly fit the mold of top-six wingers that Poile seems to favor these days.

If I have my facts straight, Bob McKenzie has said the Bolts and the Preds are the two teams that are really looking to go all in for a Cup run this season and that they're well-positioned to do so with the picks and prospects they have at their disposal. And he's also said he believes Poile is looking at Nyquist and Tatar, possibly as a fallback if he ultimately decides against acquiring one of the bigger names, e.g. Pacioretty, Hoffman.

(Cautious) HYPE!

I'd be ecstatic if we were able to pull off anything close to a Foote or Fabbro. Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. Even if everything lines up for us, and Green goes to Tampa and Nyquist / Tatar goes to Nashville, I think the return will be picks or mid level prospects...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be ecstatic if we were able to pull off anything close to a Foote or Fabbro. Unfortunately, I just don't see it happening. Even if everything lines up for us, and Green goes to Tampa and Nyquist / Tatar goes to Nashville, I think the return will be picks or mid level prospects...

JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL

Lots of scouts at the TBL v. Oilers game last night in Edmonton, including Red Wings scouts. 

Texted my buddy who is a western scout for the Islanders. He usually won't share too much with me, but  he was there and said "Wings were scouting the Lightning"

Stevie and Kenny are gonna make a deal.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lots of scouts at the TBL v. Oilers game last night in Edmonton, including Red Wings scouts. 

Texted my buddy who is a western scout for the Islanders. He usually won't share too much with me, but  he was there and said "Wings were scouting the Lightning"

Let me know when you hear of Red Wings scouts in Kelowna, BC...

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You have to wonder whom they were scouting from their NHL roster...no old timers I hope!

My first thoughts are Andrej Sustr and Slava Namestnikov. We were one of the names that were in on Sustr when he was leaving college, and by all reports Holland intended on drafting Namestnikov early in the 2nd round in 2011, but Yzerman jumped up and grabbed him with a late 1st (we got Jurco instead). Both these players are on expiring contracts this year. 

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You have to wonder whom they were scouting from their NHL roster...no old timers I hope!

Yeah, there's no one in Tampa that I'd want, that Yzerman would be willing to give up in a trade for Green. Holland is probably looking at Callahan or Coburn...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Let me know when you hear of Red Wings scouts in Kelowna, BC...

Why's that?

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, there's no one in Tampa that I'd want, that Yzerman would be willing to give up in a trade for Green. Holland is probably looking at Callahan or Coburn...

Unfortunately, probably true

9 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Cal Foote.

Or Moose Jaw, Sask. for Brett Howden.

He mostly covers BC so I'll ask about Footefungus

Unfortunately the most I've gotten out of him this year is "The Wings are scouting the lightning" and "take Barzal in your fantasy draft" lol I should've listened on Barzal...

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Green @ $3 million for either Callan Foote Tampa's 2018 1st round pick probably either #30 or #31 overall or at the very least Tampa's 2018 2nd round pick+2019 2nd round pick.

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/top-30-available-players

Names of interest:

Mike Green 
  Interested Teams - Columbus, Dallas, LA, NYI, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Washington, Winnipeg

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
   Interested Teams - Toronto, Philadelphia, New Jersey, DETROIT, Boston

Gustav Nyquist
   No teams listed yet (TBD)

Tanner Pearson
   Interested Teams - Buffalo, Montreal, DETROIT, NYR, Ottawa

Petr Mrazek

6 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Names of interest:

Mike Green 
  Interested Teams - Columbus, Dallas, LA, NYI, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Washington, Winnipeg

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Gustav Nyquist

Tanner Pearson

Petr Mrazek

I don't know much about The Fourth Period. Are they reputable? It's kind of odd that the team that has been rumored to have the most interest in Green by every other source isn't even on their list.

Why the f*** would we have any interest in Tanner Pearson?

Ekman-Larsson is a pipe dream. I'd love to have him, but I doubt I'd be comfortable with the crazy package we'd have to give up to get him. I've said it before, I'd much rather draft and develop and defenseman or trade for an unestablished (18-20 year old) defenseman with the potential to be elite, rather than give up the farm for an already elite defenseman.

6 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Names of interest:

Mike Green 

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Gustav Nyquist

Tanner Pearson

Petr Mrazek

More like: 

Oliver Ekman-Larson 

Interested teams: everyone. 

:P don’t really see why the coyotes would ever want to trade him. 

30 minutes ago, amato said:

More like: 

Oliver Ekman-Larson 

Interested teams: everyone.

:P don’t really see why the coyotes would ever want to trade him. 

I don't think they "want" to trade him, but with only one year remaining on his contract, I'd be surprised if he isn't moved within the next year. Being an internal cap team, I doubt they'd have the money to re-sign him, unless he takes a significant discount. And why would he? To be in Arizona where they probably won't make the playoffs any time soon, let alone win a Cup? If he is traded, it's going to cost a TON to get him. A hell of a lot more than I'd be willing to pay...

31 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't think they "want" to trade him, but with only one year remaining on his contract, I'd be surprised if he isn't moved within the next year. Being an internal cap team, I doubt they'd have the money to re-sign him, unless he takes a significant discount. And why would he? To be in Arizona where they probably won't make the playoffs any time soon, let alone win a Cup? If he is traded, it's going to cost a TON to get him. A hell of a lot more than I'd be willing to pay...

Good points. Didn’t realize his contract was almost up.. so yeah, if he’s not interested in re-signing/wants too much money, I could see him getting traded. Agreed it’ll cost a ton.. but it might be worth it to the right team.

I wonder how much more it would cost us than say a #5 pick this year.. not that we would/I’d want to give that up in a package though. 

44 minutes ago, amato said:

Good points. Didn’t realize his contract was almost up.. so yeah, if he’s not interested in re-signing/wants too much money, I could see him getting traded. Agreed it’ll cost a ton.. but it might be worth it to the right team.

I wonder how much more it would cost us than say a #5 pick this year.. not that we would/I’d want to give that up in a package though. 

I'd say our 2018 1st round pick and one of Larkin / Mantha would be the starting point. I definitely wouldn't do that, and I think it would cost even more than that...

16 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd say our 2018 1st round pick and one of Larkin / Mantha would be the starting point. I definitely wouldn't do that, and I think it would cost even more than that...

I wouldn't either. Definitely feels a bit high (in terms of what I'd be comfortable giving up) for only one guaranteed year. 

Would consider something like this years 1st, nyquist, and add another 2019 pick and/or prospect. But that doesn't sound like enough. 

2019 non-first round pick that is*

20 minutes ago, amato said:

I wouldn't either. Definitely feels a bit high (in terms of what I'd be comfortable giving up) for only one guaranteed year. 

Would consider something like this years 1st, nyquist, and add another 2019 pick and/or prospect. But that doesn't sound like enough. 

2019 non-first round pick that is*

Yeah, I think anyone trading for him (or Karlsson) would have to be pretty damn sure he would re-sign an extension immediately after the trade. I wouldn't be too confident he would re-sign here unless things really turn around over the next year and a half... Even if we knew 100% he would sign here long term, I still don't think I'd give up that sort of package though. Go after these guys in free agency (if they make it there), don't trade the farm for them.

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Honestly, we need Dahlin.  Anything less is a fail.  Miss the playoffs, why not miss big?  Instant #1 Dmen dont come along often.  Gotta do what it takes.

Miss as big as possible and it’s still only what, an 18% chance? Don’t get your hopes up too high. But yeah, Dahlin is definitely the dream. 

21 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Honestly, we need Dahlin.  Anything less is a fail.  Miss the playoffs, why not miss big?  Instant #1 Dmen dont come along often.  Gotta do what it takes.

Missing Dahlin will not be a fail. Even the league's worst team only has about a 20% chance at him. Sure winning the Dahlin sweepstakes would greatly speed up the rebuild, but by no means is it a fail if the #1 pick isn't won. 

12 hours ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

Names of interest:

Mike Green 

Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Gustav Nyquist

Tanner Pearson

Petr Mrazek

Not surprised that Detroit is a team that Oliver Ekman-Larsson would want to go to, The Red Wings were his childhood team and Nicklas Lidstrom was his idol growing up as a child there in Sweden.

15 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Take this for what it's worth -- speculation at best.

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2018/2/7/16986354/trade-rumors-elliotte-friedman-speculates-on-potential-athanasiou-trade-with-hurricanes

Faulk for Athanasiou.

I'd probably do it.

Straight up? I wouldn't think twice.