• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, LoveMyRedWings56 said:

I still believe that we should keep Mrazek and deal Howard. Howard doesn't have a NTC after July 1st so other then retaining some money on him moving him shouldn't be an issue. Do a 1 year prove me deal this summer before signing a long term deal after.  

I agree, but I don't even think we'd have to retain salary on the final year of Howard's contract. He is a starting caliber goaltender, and one year at $5.3M isn't bad at all. The only way we retain is if a team interested is up against the cap. If that's the case though, that should significantly increase the return.

23 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is Mrazek finally a starter? Or is this just a good time to trade him

Yes he is and no we shouldn't unless it's a worthy return. A mid round pick doesn't come close in my opinion.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Mrazek will be starting again tomorrow night. Has he actually stolen back the starters job (again) :w00t:, or is this all just a ruse to up his trade value to trade him in the next few weeks? :glare:

I hope / think it may be the former. He's been playing great the past couple weeks. I think it would be a huge mistake to give up on him now, especially if all we're getting back is a mid round draft pick...

Blash was asked if these constant starts Mrazek has been getting are a showcase. 

He said “No, not at all, no.” 

I think they’re very pleased that he’s been playing well, because it’s what they want. For him to finally take over. The only reason for trading him was his play last season and the fact he couldn’t get anything going this season because Howard was playing well enough to hold the starting job down. Your always going to hear rumours. 

Since the summer we’ve been hearing about how hard he’s worked, and has continued to work. He was given a shot and has run with it. Best possible outcome for this team right now. Hope he keeps rollin’! 

As for taking the starting job back, it kinda looks that way. No reason not to keep playing him.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Frank Seravalli of TSN thinks that Green could be a good fit with one of Tampa Bay, Washington, Toronto or Vegas, with the Golden Knights being the favorite due to the familiarity between Green and McPhee.

https://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre-match-game-mike-green-1.985225

As long as he gets us a good return. I don’t see a first happening, but should fetch a second if there’s so many teams Interested.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I agree, but I don't even think we'd have to retain salary on the final year of Howard's contract. He is a starting caliber goaltender, and one year at $5.3M isn't bad at all. The only way we retain is if a team interested is up against the cap. If that's the case though, that should significantly increase the return.

Yes he is and no we shouldn't unless it's a worthy return. A mid round pick doesn't come close in my opinion.

No, the fourth Edmonton offered with Detroit retaining salary wasn’t taken. And that was at the time just after Holland “couldn’t give him away” at the expansion draft and during the summer.

Not sure what the price would be now, if Holland is still considering trading him, but it won’t happen for peanuts and salary retention anymore.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Mrazek will be starting again tomorrow night. Has he actually stolen back the starters job (again) :w00t:, or is this all just a ruse to up his trade value to trade him in the next few weeks? :glare:

I hope / think it may be the former. He's been playing great the past couple weeks. I think it would be a huge mistake to give up on him now, especially if all we're getting back is a mid round draft pick...

That's the thing. The return we'd get for him best case is mediocre at best, whereas you're sending a goalie away with a lot of upside who's certainly struggled but who's still young and maturing. I don't think that's worth tossing away for a 4th-5th round pick. Goalies with his upside are a lot harder to come by than some like to suggest, and what those critical of him refuse to acknowledge is that he is young and many players do bounce back from rough starts, and again, even given rough regular season, the guy's looked good in the playoffs twice now, and that's when you really need a guy who can show up. He keeps this up, the Wings would be fools to let him go just yet, though I really hate the idea of giving him another $4 million.

If we miraculously make the playoffs on his back and he plays well again in the playoffs, I'll be okay with $4 million. Would be hard to stomach otherwise. Gotta find a way to do something as a UFA.

11 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

That's the thing. The return we'd get for him best case is mediocre at best, whereas you're sending a goalie away with a lot of upside who's certainly struggled but who's still young and maturing. I don't think that's worth tossing away for a 4th-5th round pick. Goalies with his upside are a lot harder to come by than some like to suggest, and what those critical of him refuse to acknowledge is that he is young and many players do bounce back from rough starts, and again, even given rough regular season, the guy's looked good in the playoffs twice now, and that's when you really need a guy who can show up. He keeps this up, the Wings would be fools to let him go just yet, though I really hate the idea of giving him another $4 million.

If we miraculously make the playoffs on his back and he plays well again in the playoffs, I'll be okay with $4 million. Would be hard to stomach otherwise. Gotta find a way to do something as a UFA.

If he keeps his play up, letting him hit UFA would be a huge mistake IMO. Wings would then have zero rights and it’s open season for any teams. It wouldn’t get that far. Extension or the RFA qualifier would be done. No way Holland doesn’t at least take advantage of his rights.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

As long as he gets us a good return. I don’t see a first happening, but should fetch a second if there’s so many teams Interested.

Anything short of a first, is a gaffe in my opinion. I don't expect a first plus a high end prospect like some have suggested, but a 2nd would be severe underpayment, considering it would likely be in the 56-62 range...

Either way, one of them needs to go, nearly $10m tied up in the net is simply too much. This team needs to strengthen in front of the minders and reducing the cost of the 2goalies by at least  $3-4m will be more helpful to the roster overall.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Anything short of a first, is a gaffe in my opinion. I don't expect a first plus a high end prospect like some have suggested, but a 2nd would be severe underpayment, considering it would likely be in the 56-62 range...

We can only hope. I’m sure negotiations begin with a first. Depends on what teams will give up. Vegas may bid high with the hopes of resigning him in the off-season to bolster blue line offence going forward. They have the cap and picks.

42 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

We can only hope. I’m sure negotiations begin with a first. Depends on what teams will give up. Vegas may bid high with the hopes of resigning him in the off-season to bolster blue line offence going forward. They have the cap and picks.

Negotiations should begin with a 1st and their top prospect. Start high, and be willing to come down. Don't start with what you want.

Tampa Bay - 1st plus Foote

Washington - 1st plus Johansen

Toronto - 1st plus Liljegren

Vegas - 1st plus Hague

... but of course we'd settle for a first and a mid level prospect... ;)

Seriously though, Green is literally the only pending UFA offensive defenseman available. We should get a very nice return for him... If Smith gets us a 2nd and 3rd, Green should get us a 1st plus, minimum...

7 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

His cap hit is 5.3 his actual salary is 4.25. I don't know how the cap hit works out if salary is retained. Anyone else know?

2 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

Either way, one of them needs to go, nearly $10m tied up in the net is simply too much. This team needs to strengthen in front of the minders and reducing the cost of the 2goalies by at least  $3-4m will be more helpful to the roster overall.

I thought the same way to. But at this point if there aren't good enough offers to trade either one, than it might be best to keep both for one more year going into next season. Mrazek would have to be qualified at 4 mil, which is an overpayment for sure. And yes 10 mil is a lot of cap/salary for goaltending, but this team should be rebuilding. There's no need to be spending in free agency this summer. As long as the RFAs are all signed under the cap, then I am okay with keeping both now and figuring out who to keep and who to trade next season.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

His cap hit is 5.3 his actual salary is 4.25. I don't know how the cap hit works out if salary is retained. Anyone else know?

I think retained salary just applies to the cap hit, not actual salary. So if the Islanders traded for him, and we retained 25%, they'd take on a $3,968,750 cap hit, with us retaining $1,322,917. But they'd take on the full $4,250,000 in salary. I could be wrong on that though... Maybe the 25% would apply to both cap hit and actual salary?...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think retained salary just applies to the cap hit, not actual salary. So if the Islanders traded for him, and we retained 25%, they'd take on a $3,968,750 cap hit, with us retaining $1,322,917. But they'd take on the full $4,250,000 in salary. I could be wrong on that though... Maybe the 25% would apply to both cap hit and actual salary?...

I know they’re on the hook for $3.3 million per for three or four years with Griess. Thats not looking good right now. They could send Halak over for Howard. Halak is UFA in July, and they’d have one more season of Jimmy to figure out where they stand in net. Could probably get a pick in the deal too.

The Isles are the only team looking to make a move by the deadline, unless long term injuries pop up elsewhere in the next month.

17 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Frank Seravalli of TSN thinks that Green could be a good fit with one of Tampa Bay, Washington, Toronto or Vegas, with the Golden Knights being the favorite due to the familiarity between Green and McPhee.

https://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre-match-game-mike-green-1.985225

What do we have to include with Green to get Shea Theodore? :ninja: 

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Negotiations should begin with a 1st and their top prospect. Start high, and be willing to come down. Don't start with what you want.

Vegas - 1st plus Hague

Seriously though, Green is literally the only pending UFA offensive defenseman available. We should get a very nice return for him... If Smith gets us a 2nd and 3rd, Green should get us a 1st plus, minimum...

Hell, I’d be stoked for any of Liljegren, Hague, or Foote for Green straight up. Especially Liljegren ;) haha 

(I’m sure I’d end up equally ok with Johansen but I don’t know anything about him.)

7 minutes ago, amato said:

Hell, I’d be stoked for any of Liljegren, Hague, or Foote for Green straight up. Especially Liljegren ;) haha 

(I’m sure I’d end up equally ok with Johansen but I don’t know anything about him.)

I'm still a little salty that Holland didn't draft him 

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Vegas - 1st plus Hague

Honestly, if we throw in 50% retained salary, which wouldn't hurt us at all, some of those deals may not be too far fetched.  Especially Tampa or Vegas, since they seem to be favorites to win it all right now. Plus Hague was a 2nd round pick, so it's not like we'd be asking for a 1st and 1st round player from them.

If that was Vegas' offer, 1st and Hague, and then that was Tampa's counter offer, which would you accept? Hypothetically....

Quick sidenote, Vegas already signed Hague to an ELC, Foote has not been signed as of yet. Doesn't mean one is better than the other, but it could mean that Vegas holds Hague to a higher regard than Tampa does Foote, maybe Tampa throws that deal out there right away and Vegas wants to hold on to Hague.

With all the touting of Liljegren last season, imagine if we got that deal, THEN scored the #1 in Dahlin? They may be about the two best Swedish kids in their system right now.

Edited by LeftWinger

18 minutes ago, amato said:

I agree. Any of those would make our future brighter! I too do not know enough about Johansen except he was a 1st rounder in 2016, he was not a high 1st though, he was taken 28th overall.

17 minutes ago, amato said:

Theodore would be amazing, but no way Vegas gives him up. I still can't believe Anaheim offered him up in the expansion draft to protect Vatanen and Manson... Idiots...

Absolutely. I'd love to have Liljegren or Hague, but Foote would be my number one choice of those three. I was big on Johansen a couple years ago in his draft year. He hasn't put up big numbers since, but I still think he'd be a good addition to the pipeline.

18 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, if we throw in 50% retained salary, which wouldn't hurt us at all, some of those deals may not be too far fetched.  Especially Tampa or Vegas, since they seem to be favorites to win it all right now. Plus Hague was a 2nd round pick, so it's not like we'd be asking for a 1st and 1st round player from them.

If that was Vegas' offer, 1st and Hague, and then that was Tampa's counter offer, which would you accept? Hypothetically....

Quick sidenote, Vegas already signed Hague to an ELC, Foote has not been signed as of yet. Doesn't mean one is better than the other, but it could mean that Vegas holds Hague to a higher regard than Tampa does Foote, maybe Tampa throws that deal out there right away and Vegas wants to hold on to Hague.

With all the touting of Liljegren last season, imagine if we got that deal, THEN scored the #1 in Dahlin? They may be about the two best Swedish kids in their system right now.

If it was between Hague and Foote, I'd take Foote for sure, but both would be great additions. Hague is having a great season with Mississauga, but playing in the more offensive league (OHL) helps those numbers for sure. Foote is playing in the most defensive league (WHL), and still putting up great numbers.

A top pair of Dahlin and Liljegren would be unreal...

Both Hague and Foote are having great seasons, Cal looks a little meaner!

Nicolas Hague

Defense -- shoots L
Born Dec 5 1998 -- Kitchener, ONT
[19 yrs. ago]
Height 6.06 -- Weight 215 [198 cm/98 kg]
Drafted by Vegas Golden Knights
- round 2 #34 overall 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Nicolas Hague hockey player photo  

Tweet 

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2015-16 Mississauga Steelheads OHL 66 14 10 24 84 4 7 0 2 2 13