• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

Rumors Thread

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Bottom line is we need to take at least 3-4 contracts off the books by Draft or July 1. I think that’s a fair goal to accomplish. 

Glendening, Mrazek or Howard, Nyquist, Green. 

..and like I said, those names have been linked to teams as TDL acquisitions, so its not a stretch to see 4-5 players trade next week.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Don't we have to qualify him for $4 million?

For 1 year. When it most likely won't matter. 

Maybe if it looks like we have a legit shot at JT you let him go. But that probably (hopefully) won't happen. Worst case we're out a 3rd rounder. Best case he could play well and we could get a 1st in the off-season.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm Buppy, I hate everyone, I'm so edgy and above this place, I've only come here everyday for the last 10 years to spit on everyone.

9 years. And where else am I supposed to spit on everyone? A farm? Maybe you have all day to drive to farms, sir, but not I.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

What? This guy's a homophobe in addition to being a hater now too? Some people have come a long way since being on this website. 

For someone so obsessed with me, you show surprisingly little insight into my triggers. You can do better, sport. I believe in you.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is precisely the reason Philly won't take a $4 million dollar flyer on the kid, and no other team will either. Petr Mrazek will be a UFA this July. Sorry, but that's pretty common knowledge around the league at this point.

On Tavares, you don't want Holland to try??

Smart, calculated

Holland has already decided he's not qualifying him. That's why were witnessing him trying everything to offload him right now. At this point he's just trying to get something for him.

You never know what can happen. If he impresses Hextall, he may keep a spot. Easy to dump one of their current goalies if needed. If he ends up a UFA, then so be it. But if he’s not staying in Detroit and goes to Philly, i’d like to see him succeed and stay there out of all other places. He could be a good fit.

Holland can try to get Tavares all he wants, but there is NOTHING in Detroit right now to attract him. A team that needs to bottom out to begin a true rebuild that will take years. Ya, where do I sign??!! There’s reasons elite UFAs don’t want to go to Detroit anymore. Holland is a major reason. Players know his roster is screwed due his stupid contracts and being stubborn delaying a rebuild so long and refusing to accept a full youth movement. Trading prospects and young roster players to hang onto his vets.

Instead of focusing on giving Mrazek away for peanuts, maybe try to move Helm or Abby for peanuts to get the cap savings? Oh wait. He can’t. He’d probably trade AA if it meant he could keep Helm. Not like AA trade rumours haven’t surfaced. Time to give up on him too?

Plus, Tavares probably wants to win a Cup while he’s still in his prime. That’s the ultimate reason why he’ll tell Holland to go f*** his hat.

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

https://twitter.com/prohockeyrumors/status/965728202424496128

Interesting.....indeed....

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/965602204353744897

I don't know why the tweet failed to show up....hmmmm.....

sorry, I was checking to see if the tweets would show up if I quoted it. Strange,it usually shows up like its is on twitter...

Edited by LeftWinger

6 minutes ago, Buppy said:

For someone so obsessed with me, you show surprisingly little insight into my triggers. You can do better, sport. I believe in you.

Bups bups bups. Go look at your last few “debates”. We’ve been back and fourth 2-3 times recently. I think it’s you who hasn’t realized who kickazz fishes for in his posts. 

And here we are going back and forth again.

ISN’T IT FUN!?!?

Edited by kickazz

1 minute ago, Buppy said:

For 1 year. When it most likely won't matter. 

Maybe if it looks like we have a legit shot at JT you let him go. But that probably (hopefully) won't happen. Worst case we're out a 3rd rounder. Best case he could play well and we could get a 1st in the off-season.

9 years. And where else am I supposed to spit on everyone? A farm? Maybe you have all day to drive to farms, sir, but not I.

Yeah, ok bud

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

You never know what can happen. If he impresses Hextall, he may keep a spot. Easy to dump one of their current goalies if needed. If he ends up a UFA, then so be it. But if he’s not staying in Detroit and goes to Philly, i’d like to see him succeed and stay there out of all other places. He could be a good fit.

Holland can try to get Tavares all he wants, but there is NOTHING in Detroit right now to attract him. A team that needs to bottom out to begin a true rebuild that will take years. Ya, where do I sign??!! There’s reasons elite UFAs don’t want to go to Detroit anymore. Holland is a major reason. Players know his roster is screwed due his stupid contracts and being stubborn delaying a rebuild so long and refusing to accept a full youth movement. Trading prospects and young roster players to hang onto his vets.

Instead of focusing on giving Mrazek away for peanuts, maybe try to move Helm or Abby for peanuts to get the cap savings? Oh wait. He can’t. He’d probably trade AA if it meant he could keep Helm. Not like AA trade rumours haven’t surfaced. Time to give up on him too?

Plus, Tavares probably wants to win a Cup while he’s still in his prime. That’s the ultimate reason why he’ll tell Holland to go f*** his hat.

Here's how Petr Mrazek's next few months play out

> Get traded to philly as a rental
> Do not receive qualifying offer
> Sign in Europe

3 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

A) There is really no such thing as big time free agents

B) When it comes to top tier UFA's, we have landed plenty.

The year Alfie came here, he was I believe a top 5 UFA.

Weiss was also top 5

Green was ranked #1

Nielsen was ranked top 5

You can criticize the results, sure. But they were all top UFA's who we went after and got. Just because Suter chose Minny over us doesn't mean nobody wants to come here. Sorry, but i hate when people push this false narrative.  

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Weiss was also top 5

Green was ranked #1

Nielsen was ranked top 5

You can criticize the results, sure. But they were all top UFA's who we went after and got. Just because Suter chose Minny over us doesn't mean nobody wants to come here. Sorry, but i hate when people push this false narrative.  

Just gonna say Suter's wife chose Minny over us. Per Bobby Mac, he did have a verbal agreement with Detroit, his old nag didn't want to live in the area. Its ok, they won't win a Cup there anyhow.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

... I'd still LOVE to try and get a lottery position for 2019 and try to land Jack Hughes for our #1 Center spot.  Bobby Mac says that if he were eligible for the draft this season, he would be the one player to knock Dahlin off the #1 spot...

Link?

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Here's how Petr Mrazek's next few months play out

> Get traded to philly as a rental
> Do not receive qualifying offer
> Sign in Europe

The trade hasn’t even, or may not even happen. If Neuvirth is expected back in a reasonable timeframe, Hextall may not want to take on another goalie. Like he didn’t want to take on any goalie at any price before Neuvirth went down. 

Let’s start at the trade first, if it happens, and go from there.

Is Howard gonna be ok though? He hasn’t played well lately. But I guess it’s for the best draft wise. 

11 minutes ago, kliq said:

Weiss was also top 5

Green was ranked #1

Nielsen was ranked top 5

Valid point, but Tavares is a top player in the league. He’ll have plenty of options. Including staying put, which I believe he wants to do as long as there’s a solid plan to get the team to reach the next level and contend for a Cup within a reasonable time frame.

Cant compare him to Nielson, Green, Weiss , or Alfie. Maybe Alfie was at his level in his prime, but the Wings got him right before he retired. The rest, not even close. Plus, they’re UFA rankings were due to poor UFA pools.

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Valid point, but Tavares is a top player in the league. He’ll have plenty of options. Including staying put, which I believe he wants to do as long as there’s a solid plan to get the team to reach the next level and contend for a Cup within a reasonable time frame.

Cant compare him to Nielson, Green, Weiss , or Alfie. Maybe Alfie was at his level in his prime, but the Wings got him right before he retired. The rest, not even close. Plus, they’re UFA rankings were due to poor UFA pools.

Of course, to be honest I dont think there has been a comparable UFA to JT since Suter. This is why I was saying you cant say big time UFA's dont want to come here, in reality there are no more big time UFA's. Every UFA pool has been a poor pool for almost a decade. 

Edited by kliq

Flyers will know the nature of Neuvirth’s status on Monday. Lyon staying up and Tokarski coming up in meantime. So no quick deals for outside help.

If Hextall does have to hit the trade market (although he’s not fond of the idea), besides Mrazek, they have Lehner(day to day injury currently), Johnson, Niemi, Raanta, and Pickard as potential targets. The available goalie market is pretty much all theirs to choose from right now with no other teams currently in need of help.

https://www.nhl.com/news/michal-neuvirth-injury-puts-flyers-goalie-situation-in-limbo/c-296109396

Edited by chaps80

20 minutes ago, kliq said:

Of course, to be honest I dont think there has been a comparable UFA to JT since Suter. This is why I was saying you cant say big time UFA's dont want to come here, in reality there are no more big time UFA's. Every UFA pool has been a poor pool for almost a decade. 

and Suter agreed to come here, so even though his wife ruled the final decision, you can essential add him to the list of top UFA's that "came" here.I happen to think we have a very good shot at JT.  Even up until Stamkos re-signed in TPA before July 1, ALL the insiders, including Father McKenzie had said if he hits July 1 it'll be between Buffalo and Detroit.  Toronto was mentioned a few times as well, so even with him, the insiders had us in the top 3 UFA destinations if he chose no to re-sign. 

We have the money, we have a very good shot at JT if he doesn't re-sign.

https://twitter.com/prohockeyrumors/status/965743804782448642

What does Chicago think, NOW they are going to sell and tank for Dahlin?

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

and Suter agreed to come here, so even though his wife ruled the final decision, you can essential add him to the list of top UFA's that "came" here.I happen to think we have a very good shot at JT.  Even up until Stamkos re-signed in TPA before July 1, ALL the insiders, including Father McKenzie had said if he hits July 1 it'll be between Buffalo and Detroit.  Toronto was mentioned a few times as well, so even with him, the insiders had us in the top 3 UFA destinations if he chose no to re-sign. 

We have the money, we have a very good shot at JT if he doesn't re-sign.

https://twitter.com/prohockeyrumors/status/965743804782448642

What does Chicago think, NOW they are going to sell and tank for Dahlin?

Suter agreed to come here when the Wings were still a good playoff bound team. Would he do it now?

Stamkos was rumoured to possibly sign with Detroit? Then why didn’t Kenny even get a courtesy meeting? Didn’t seem like he was thinking of Detroit as an option. Gotta take all insider reports with some scepticism, even if it is McKenzie. 

I still fail to see exactly what would attract Tavares to Detroit. I can’t think of anything besides Kenny HEAVILY overpaying.

2 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Suter agreed to come here when the Wings were still a good playoff bound team. Would he do it now?

Stamkos was rumoured to possibly sign with Detroit? Then why didn’t Kenny even get a courtesy meeting? Didn’t seem like he was thinking of Detroit as an option. Gotta take all insider reports with some scepticism, even if it is McKenzie. 

I still fail to see exactly what would attract Tavares to Detroit. I can’t think of anything besides Kenny HEAVILY overpaying.

It's fairly close to his home in Mississauga. Little over an hour on airplane. 3.5 hours driving.

7 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Lehner is only day to day. Ongoing discussions are just discussions. I’m sure he’s in discussions with all teams that have goalies available. Hextall stated he wants to try all options within the team first. He finds out about Neuvirth Monday. Going with Tokarski /Lyon for now. Trade is a last resort.

But I guess you never know. One could happen sooner than deadline day.