• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kickazz

Brenden Smith placed on waivers ON HIS BDAY. LOL

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Serious question:

If the Rangers want to rid themselves of Smith w/o buying him out, they will have to take back a bad contract in a trade. If you're Holland and you have 3 expensive contracts playing in your bottom 6, do you consider taking Smith back from NY if you're trading away one of those contracts?

No. All of our bad contracts are still decent hockey players. Smith is not.

On 2018-02-08 at 1:12 PM, marcaractac said:

Faith in his drafting and trades, absolutely. Now if we could put someone else in charge of contracts...

I've always gotten sick of the Rags being in on seemingly every big piece of trade bait and UFA. Glad to see it has finally caught up to them. 

Wade Redden caught up to them years ago and got a lot of money for doing nothing.

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

When was the last time the Rangers won the Stanley Cup? You guys sure talk big when praising the Rangers but no results have been shown. 

Rangers could buy all their fans designer jockstraps to “show respect” for all I care, they still suck and have not brought in a single Stanley Cup in 20+ years.

Their ENTIRE rebuild since 1994 has been a complete and utter failure and here they go trying to do it again. Ya’ll are praising a franchise that failed at rebuilding and has to do it all over again;  let that sink in for a minute.

In the same time the Rangers have tried to rebuild and go at a cup run (two decades), we’ve won 4 Stanley Cups and we’ve drafted Larkin, Mantha, AA, Svech, Cholo, Ras. We’re ahead of them in the rebuilding as of now. 

Our owners are better and so is our management (Sather/Gorton).

They could have won a Cup fairly recently if Lundqvist had some damn help doing it. I’ve seen him pissed after losing a playoff series so many times now, and could never blame him for it. I dunno why he’s stuck around so long.

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

They could have won a Cup fairly recently if Lundqvist had some damn help doing it. I’ve seen him pissed after losing a playoff series so many times now, and could never blame him for it. I dunno why he’s stuck around so long.

Manhattan is a fun place to live. And he's probably the second most popular athlete there besides Odell Beckman

Edited by kickazz

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

So now Ryan Sproul has been called up to NYR. Sproul is a league ahead of Smith on the same team. Let that sink in.

God the humiliation Brenden Smith has brought to himself is just...

And you know what sucks? It’s not even him it’s all the fans that talked him up unfortunately. And he never lived up to it. That’s what makes all of this sad (and funny) 

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

God the humiliation Brenden Smith has brought to himself is just...

And you know what sucks? It’s not even him it’s all the fans that talked him up unfortunately. And he never lived up to it. That’s what makes all of this sad (and funny) 

Too be fair most of us Wings fans knew he was garbage by the end of 14 or 15. Truly is amazing it took the rest 3 more years though.

11 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Too be fair most of us Wings fans knew he was garbage by the end of 14 or 15. Truly is amazing it took the rest 3 more years though.

Babcock knew. That’s why he repeatedly benched him and fans bitched about it. Babs was doing the team a favor

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Amazes me to this day that Wings fans welcomed the leaving of babcock. Morons. We have them to blame for Blashill.

@kipwinger was said fan. 

Kipwinger, number9 (aka ChristopherReevesLegs) is trash talking you. 

How else do we bring this guy back to posting here?

Edited by kickazz

Sproul has more talent than Smith though. If he gets his s*** together, he could stick in NY. But he probably won’t. 

Wonder if Smith is bought out in the off-season? Least he got a nice paycheck to set him for life that he doesn’t have to earn.

Maybe he’ll be a training camp invite in Arizona or something after, sign a two-way $700k deal.

Edited by chaps80

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Sproul has more talent than Smith though. If he gets his s*** together, he could stick in NY. But he probably won’t. 

Wonder if Smith is bought out in the off-season? Least he got a nice paycheck to set him for life that he doesn’t have to earn.

Maybe he’ll be a training camp invite in Arizona or something after, sign a two-way $700k deal.

It all depends on how close to the cap they are, and what their plan is. If they are way under the cap, it makes more sense to just put him in the AHL and eat it. If they plan on acquiring UFA's and making trades in the off-season, then they should consider it. My gut tells me AHL.

If I were Smith and things continue to go this way I’d accept a buyout and go make millions in the KHL - no shame in playing in the 2nd best league in the world. 

Edited by kylee

1 hour ago, kylee said:

If I were Smith and things continue to go this way I’d accept a buyout and go make millions in the KHL - no shame in playing in the 2nd best league in the world. 

Do you mean "prefer a buyout"? Players can't accept or reject a buyout. I would have to imagine that if he was bought out, some team would likely give him a shot with a PTO at least, if not a 1 year deal.

10 hours ago, kliq said:

Do you mean "prefer a buyout"? Players can't accept or reject a buyout. I would have to imagine that if he was bought out, some team would likely give him a shot with a PTO at least, if not a 1 year deal.

Agreed. Smith is an NHL caliber dman. He is just way overpaid.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Agreed. Smith is an NHL caliber dman. He is just way overpaid.

If we could bring Smith back on a 1 year 1mil deal, I would take him over Jensen or XO, as long as he could get back into shape.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

If we could bring Smith back on a 1 year 1mil deal, I would take him over Jensen or XO, as long as he could get back into shape.

No... 

Bringing  him for anything opens up a can of worms we don't want. Plus he got cut by NYR because of his lack of effort and conditioning. Keep that poor work ethic out of this org. He could be a top calibre defenseman but still not acceptable. 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, kliq said:

Yes. If the Rangers become sellers, I don't think they would have trouble trading Smith if they retained a significant amount of salary. At 50% of his current salary, I would take him as a 3rd pair, depth dman. I don't know if the Rags have used up their alotted number of retained salaries tho.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes. If the Rangers become sellers, I don't think they would have trouble trading Smith if they retained a significant amount of salary. At 50% of his current salary, I would take him as a 3rd pair, depth dman. I don't know if the Rags have used up their alotted number of retained salaries tho.

Enough with bringing back former Wings. Especially ones that can’t stick around the league. I know it’s a favourite move of Hollands though, so I wouldn’t doubt he’s already been working the phones with the Rags asking about Smith. 

4 hours ago, kickazz said:

No... 

Bringing  him for anything opens up a can of worms we don't want. Plus he got cut by NYR because of his lack of effort and conditioning. Keep that poor work ethic out of this org. He could be a top calibre defenseman but still not acceptable. 

Exactly. Need to move on. People talk about players needing to be traded for not playing to their potential around here all the time.

That actually happens with Smith and people would take him back, even though he was waived by NYR in his first season after signing a $4 million per season multi year deal and them giving up a 2nd and 3rd to get him? 

No thanks. He’s their problem now.