• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Neomaxizoomdweebie

2018 Prospect Tournament and Training Camp

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's probably more advanced defensively. Dylan still isn't great in that regard.

Agreed. Point is: The "There's no reason why Veleno can't become as good a player as Larkin is" dream is still alive and kicking.

34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'd be thrilled if Veleno turned into a Ryan O'Reilly type guy.  20 goals, 50+ points, stud defense and faceoff wizard. 

Rich man's Frans Nielsen, perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Love Joe.  Very mature for his age.  On ice and off ice awareness at high levels.  Won't be surprised at all if he has an "A" on his sweater by the time he is 22.

C - Larkin

A - Veleno

A - Rasmussen 

A - Cholowski

If Larkin ever gets traded or career cut short, Ras takes over as Captain. 

Edited by kickazz

17 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Veleno impressed.

@krsmith17 might actually be right about a prospect for once.

jk jk

Haha hey man, I've been right on many prospects, but dead wrong on a few as well... But you bet your ass I'll be just as stubborn if Veleno flops as I was when Jurco flopped... Veleno has something Jurco and Smith lacked though... hockey IQ. I think he'll be a good one for sure.

Just one last thing... Veleno >>> Rasmussen. :tounge:

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Haha hey man, I've been right on many prospects, but dead wrong on a few as well... But you bet your ass I'll be just as stubborn if Veleno flops as I was when Jurco flopped... Veleno has something Jurco and Smith lacked though... hockey IQ. I think he'll be a good one for sure.

Related image

48 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Agreed.  Ras seems to have that maturity/focus too.  I hated the Rasmussen pick for a year, but seems like Holland may have got it right afterall.

Glad to see you sucking Holland up (sucking upto) and lathering him all over the forums.

Knew you would come around. 

39 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Related image

“Whose better Rasmussen or Veleno?” thread in 5 years.

I’ll bring the pot and the stirrer.

Be there. 

Edited by kickazz

Horrible ending last night. 7 goals on 20? shots I think. Fulcher was terrible.

Cholowski looked great. NHL ready IMO.

Zadina didn't impress. Arena got really quiet when Zadina went down. Wade only got 2 for roughing on that hit. Then Saarajarvi got 2 for being tackled by Wade when he went to defend his teammate. 

Speaking of Saarajarvi, I thought he looked good. Do think he will turn into an NHLer by next year.

Rasmussen was OK. 

Cool story from last night. Took my GF and her 1 1\2 year old to the game. During intermission, her daughter got away from her and started running away. Next thing I see is her running toward someone. He reaches out his arms like he's going to pick her up, and then her mom catches up to her and grabs her and pulls her away. Thats when I noticed that it was Kris Draper! As my GF (who knows nothing about the Red Wings) is walking her daughter away, I said "Do you know who that was?" Of course she didn't. So, I am wishing now that she had been a little slower getting there. The photo op that would have resulted would have been priceless.

1 hour ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Cool. So lets's just take that last line there and, uh, sort of forget them on a bus somewhere.

Ladies and gents, your 2018/19 Wings

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha
Nyquist-Nielsen-Helm
Rasmusen-Veleno-Zadina
Abdelkader-Athanasiou-Vanek

2 hours ago, e_prime said:

He's a hack who gets his readers to help pay for his trip.  He's doing something right. :lol:

I need to start doing this. A week up here costs me like 2K after lodging, tickets, meals, souvenirs, etc.

Starting next year, I'll be LGWs official training camp reporter and make u all pay for it. Sound good?

Red and White game is today at 12pm EST.

Best guess at lines based on rosters...

Team Red

Vanek - Athanasiou - Zadina

Rasmussen - Veleno - Pope

Holmstrom - Ehn - Svechnikov

Sadowy / Terry - Glendening - Witkowski

Cholowski - Hronek

Hicketts - McIlrath

Sulak - Chelios

Howard

Sateri

Team White

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Jokinen - Nielsen - Nyquist

Helm - Turgeon - Smith

Gallant - Megan - Puempel

DeKeyser - Green

Ericsson - Daley

Kronwall - Jensen / Saarijarvi

Bernier

Rybar

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I need to start doing this. A week up here costs me like 2K after lodging, tickets, meals, souvenirs, etc.

Starting next year, I'll be LGWs official training camp reporter and make u all pay for it. Sound good?

You don't make that drive.  That's a drive for big mans not no neomaxizoomdweebies.   ;)

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Red and White game is today at 12pm EST.

Is this streaming somewhere?  I can't make the drive today.