• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

2018 Prospects Watch

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Both NHL Central Scouting and The Hockey News had Tkachuk above Zadina just before the draft.

Ok, didn't recall that.  I stand corrected. 

Don't look now, but McIsaac and Veleno are both playing like studs in the first round of the QMJHL playoffs.  5 in 4 for McIsaac and 6 in 4 for Veleno including 4 goals. 

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Don't look now, but McIsaac and Veleno are both playing like studs in the first round of the QMJHL playoffs.  5 in 4 for McIsaac and 6 in 4 for Veleno including 4 goals. 

Yeah, not bad at all. I'm hoping both get eliminated after a round or two though to go on a run with the Griffins...

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Ok, didn't recall that.  I stand corrected. 

Yeah but it's the Q. Even Zadina was good in the Q 

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

They should have the room tho with Vanek, Nyquist, and Witkowski gone.

Witkowski has been a defenseman pretty much all season, so that's not really a spot opened up at forward. He will have to earn it for sure, which is never a bad thing.

Locks: Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Nielsen, Glendening, Abdelkader, Helm

Likely: Zadina, Rasmussen, Hirose

Fighting for final spots: Veleno, Svechnikov, Ehn, de la Rose, Frk (if re-signed)

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

For real serious though, Witer aint goin anywhere right?

He plays multiple positions, he's cheap, he hits people in the mouth, he's cheap, he's from Michigan, what're the downsides?

I'd be ok with him returning, tbh. Not thrilled, but not upset.

Vanek, on the other hand, is going to be addition by subtraction, imo. And Daley should be bought out, imo.

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Vanek, on the other hand, is going to be addition by subtraction, imo. And Daley should be bought out, imo.

Such shame cause I used to like both a lot as B level guys. But they both really took a poop this year.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

For real serious though, Witer aint goin anywhere right?

He plays multiple positions, he's cheap, he hits people in the mouth, he's cheap, he's from Michigan, what're the downsides?

He sucks.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Witkowski has been a defenseman pretty much all season, so that's not really a spot opened up at forward. 

Its still an open roster spot.

57 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yeah, solid option for the press box most night.

58 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Vanek, on the other hand, is going to be addition by subtraction, imo. 

Yes.

58 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Daley should be bought out, imo.

Yes PLEASE!!!

6 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Looks like Hirose could be taking Nyquist's spot so...

Hirose has been impressive early on, and his play style is definitely reminiscent of Nyquist. Not sure he'll be quite as good long-term, but the potential is there for sure. Nyquist was / is a really good 2nd line winger. I think if all goes well for Hirose, he'll be a very good 3rd line winger.

Veleno with another goal and 2 assists last night. He now has 9 points (5 goals, 4 assists) in 5 playoff games. Drummondville beat Gatineau in 5, and have moved on to the 2nd round.

18 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

Looks like Hirose could be taking Nyquist's spot so...

Sorta. I wouldnt consider him a "replacement" for Nyquist. Hirose is a less talented player IMO. He'll play farther down the lineup then Goose would. But yes, he was a given a roster spot after Goose was traded.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Veleno is 3 years ahead of Lafreniere.

Which is fine. Veleno was drafted 30th overall and is projected to be a 2nd line center. Lafrenier will be drafted 1st overall (no one else will be close), and will be an ELITE (elite of the elite) top line winger.