• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DickieDunn

Petterson

Rate this topic

51 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I'm old enough to remember the argument that Petterson was too small and skinny and the Wings would have been stupid to draft him had he fallen that far.

meme-table-flip-o.gif

Yes I believe I advocated drafting him just because he was small and skinny and I know that upsets people, had no idea he'd be this good

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

I'm old enough to remember the argument that Petterson was too small and skinny and the Wings would have been stupid to draft him had he fallen that far.

meme-table-flip-o.gif

But the Wings never had a chance. Not like they passed on the guy. 

What exactly are we trying to figure out here? That people are wrong sometimes? 

30 minutes ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Yea what this guy said.

I felt like the Wings were gonna draft him given the opportunity.

Yeah If I remember right, many people around here started to compare him to Zetterberg. I think most people even the RedWings hoped he would fall during that time.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yes I believe I advocated drafting him just because he was small and skinny and I know that upsets people, had no idea he'd be this good

You advocated drafting him just to go against the crowd here on LGW. Not a bad idea really. Most of us don't know jack s*** about these prospects. You did the same thing last year with Kotkaniemi, and he's looked pretty good in his rookie season as well.

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

But the Wings never had a chance. Not like they passed on the guy. 

What exactly are we trying to figure out here? That people are wrong sometimes? 

5 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Yea what this guy said.

I felt like the Wings were gonna draft him given the opportunity.

I've heard (can't remember where) that there were two other teams (besides Vancouver) that were really high on Pettersson, and one was Detroit. If he were available at 9, he would have undoubtedly been our pick. Imagine having this kid instead of Rasmussen...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You advocated drafting him just to go against the crowd here on LGW. Not a bad idea really. Most of us don't know jack s*** about these prospects. You did the same thing last year with Kotkaniemi, and he's looked pretty good in his rookie season as well.

I've heard (can't remember where) that there were two other teams (besides Vancouver) that were really high on Pettersson, and one was Detroit. If he were available at 9, he would have undoubtedly been our pick. Imagine having this kid instead of Rasmussen...

Rasmussen hasn’t looked very good at all. Hopefully the light clicks on, he becomes a better skater, and adds much needed muscle. Eve with all that his skill set is limited. I liked Necas a lot but the front office wanted size and grit in that draft...

19 minutes ago, BringBack19 said:

Rasmussen hasn’t looked very good at all. Hopefully the light clicks on, he becomes a better skater, and adds much needed muscle. Eve with all that his skill set is limited. I liked Necas a lot but the front office wanted size and grit in that draft...

Would have been cool to see the Czech bros (Necas / Zadina) together on a line in the future...