• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

4/9 2019 Draft Lottery GDT - Red Wings vs The World - 8:00 PM ET (NBCSN)

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Because this goalie is suppose to be a bonafied stud?compared to price and the king and I don’t want a nice second line guy after this s*** turd of season we got , I want a guy who can be a star difference maker elite guy

and like you said he’s projected later hence why trade back get an extra pick and take the goalie and if Larsson becomes a stud even better and we have one heck of a trade chip to bargain for a potential top d, this isn’t the outcome I wanted , if we stayed at 4 I’d be ok ,not thrilled but ok but at this point I’m sadly looking more forward to our 2nd round picks and hoping we get a gem or 2 than our 6th 

we can laugh about knight being a 6th pick but price was also 5th and worked out fine so if we can land a second in the 30-40 range I’d consider It

we will probably draft 6th most likely but at this point it wouldn’t surprise me at all if we traded back and got an extra pick and took like soderstrom if byram is gone ... tonight was brutal 

Knight obviously isn't projected to be any more of a "bonafide stud" than any of the other guys going ahead of him... otherwise he'd be projected to go much higher... You take the best player available. And in this case, it would be any number of guys before Knight...

Knight could be a Price calibre goalie. But he could also be a McCollum calibre goalie. Of all positions, goalies are the biggest crap shoot. Any of the guys that are projected to go in the top 10, could become elite.

Only you would say that you're looking forward to our 2nd round picks more than our 6th overall pick... :ok:

20 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If we lost one more we’d have hughes 

No we wouldn't. If we lost one more, we'd have whoever we're going to draft at 6th...

13 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Possible, but I doubt it'll matter much. Outside of Hughes and Kakko, the top players are all at least a year away from playing pro hockey. Podkolzin already plays a pro-style game and now he'll be playing in a top league for a couple of years, so he should be more than ready to do some damage in the NHL when his contract is up.

I don't think Hughes is even close to ready. If he gets lit up by someone like Wilson, or any big Veteran, he's on IR for a while. Hell, he's been injured 4 times in the last year playing against amateurs. 

Kakko appears to be able to step right into the league, and be able to play on any roster. 

Podkolzin is probably just as NHL ready as Kakko, but has his 2 year contract to fulfill. MacLean and Burke were talking about how Chernyshenko doesn't want to lose all of his young stars to The NHL, and mentioned that they are already working on Podkolzin to get him to stay home, and play for the home team, with no expense being spared in keeping some of their young talent from leaving for The NHL. It was one of Burke's big cautionary tale a of how not to get burned on draft day. 

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I totally agree. We've put up with THREE pie-hole season's for what? None of Rasmussen, Zadina nor whomever we take this year are franchise, generational players, so we get a pretty good prospect at 6 this season and maybe we see him in a few years.

We're picking 6th overall in a deep draft.

Elias Pettersson (66 points) was selected 5th overall.
Sean Monahan (82 points) was selected 6th overall.
Mark Scheifele (84 points) was selected 7th overall.
Mikko Rantanen (87 points) was selected 10th overall.
Dylan Larkin (73 points) was selected 15th overall.
Mathew Barzal (62 points) was selected 16th overall.
Thomas Chabot (55 points) was selected 18th overall.
David Pastrnak (81 points) was selected 25th overall.
Sebastian Aho (83 points) was selected 35th overall.
Alex DeBrincat (76 points) was selected 39th overall.
Nikita Kucherov (128 points) was selected 58th overall.
Jake Guentzel (76 points) was selected 77th overall.
Brayden Point (92 points) was selected 79th overall.
Johnny Gaudreau (99 points) was selected 104th overall.

42 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Meanwhile, if Holland doesn't make any trades, buyouts or UFA signing's (from outside the organization) we will be looking at the same BS for another year.  Then for 6-8 months we'll all be riding the tank wave (again) hoping that yet another dumpster season will reward our fans with something.

I'm pretty sure Holland has less than zero interest in going through another season like this one. Given that the projected 2019-20 roster looks like ass, I think we can safely assume Holland is going to try to make a couple of moves.

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If we'd finished 31st or 30th, we'd be screaming bloody murder right now.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Someone will sneak into the top 5 that isnt there now. (like Coke can and Barrett whatever his name is last year).Wouldnt be surprised if one of Cozens, Podholzin, or Byram is still there at 6.

This.

We gotta keep in mind that GM's/scouts/front office are going over these prospects with a fine tooth comb...Interviews, and physicals lie ahead in which some of the top 20 could jump ahead on some teams radar, and others go completely off it (like I mentioned in another thread - Holland, and Co are really big into maturity/leadership - that right there might knock a few outta the top 10 for them).

I'm just hoping there's quality milfs in the audience...Hopefully the AC will go down in the American Airlines Arena, and they'll be scantily clad :tounge2:

29 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Because this goalie is suppose to be a bonafied stud?compared to price and the king and I don’t want a nice second line guy after this s*** turd of season we got , I want a guy who can be a star difference maker elite guy

You never draft a goalie that high.

32 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We coulda lost all of our games and picked 4th. What's ur point?

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

This.

We gotta keep in mind that GM's/scouts/front office are going over these prospects with a fine tooth comb...Interviews, and physicals lie ahead in which some of the top 20 could jump ahead on some teams radar, and others go completely off it (like I mentioned in another thread - Holland, and Co are really big into maturity/leadership - that right there might knock a few outta the top 10 for them).

I'm just hoping there's quality milfs in the audience...Hopefully the AC will go down in the American Airlines Arena, and they'll be scantily clad :tounge2:

Who's gonna have the hottest mom this year?

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

This.

This is honestly my favorite LGW tradition. Draft day milf hunting.

5 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You never draft a goalie that high.

We coulda lost all of our games and picked 4th. What's ur point?

Who's gonna have the hottest mom this year?

Image result for milf hunter meme

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is honestly my favorite LGW tradition. Draft day milf hunting.

That pic you found with the milf sitting on the steps last June was epic.

5 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

2 more losses, we get Hughes.  2 more wins, we get Kakko

Not exactly... 2 more losses (in regulation) and we would have been 5th... 2 more losses (one in regulation and one in OT) and we would have been 1st. Like I said earlier, if only we knew that magic number before the draft lottery...

5 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

I don't think Hughes is even close to ready. If he gets lit up by someone like Wilson, or any big Veteran, he's on IR for a while. Hell, he's been injured 4 times in the last year playing against amateurs. 

Kakko appears to be able to step right into the league, and be able to play on any roster.

I think Hughes will be fine. (Might have to ease in as a winger, though.) Kakko is probably the more NHL-ready player. They're both closer than anyone else, is my point.

8 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Podkolzin is probably just as NHL ready as Kakko, but has his 2 year contract to fulfill.

I just don't see it being that big a deal. Maybe it goes sideways for the organization that drafts him, but I really wouldn't expect it to happen and he's a good enough player that he's worth the minor risk.

Cozens, Dach, Zegras, Turcotte, Byram, Krebs, Boldy, Broberg...these guys are at least a year away. Two years from now Podkolzin will probably be ahead of most if not all of them in his development, so you're not really losing anything by taking him over a guy like Cozens and committing yourself to having to wait two full seasons for your stud prospect to arrive.

I think if he does slide a bit, it'll probably be more to do with him being a winger. We're looking at an unusually large pool of elite centermen and we know how much GMs like their high-end centermen.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Not exactly... 2 more losses (in regulation) and we would have been 5th... 2 more losses (one in regulation and one in OT) and we would have been 1st. Like I said earlier, if only we knew that magic number before the draft lottery...

There's no way around this draft lottery...Total randomness...Just luck of the draw for some, and not so much for others.

Spending the next few months going over what coulda/shoulda/woulda been will be time, and energy wasted...We're 6th overall...Still a great chance at landing a legit star calibre player.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This right here is exactly why all of the discussion about winning/losing is ******* stupid, and anyone who continues to complain about it should feel ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

There's no way around this draft lottery...Total randomness...Just luck of the draw for some, and not so much for others.

Spending the next few months going over what coulda/shoulda/woulda been will be time, and energy wasted...We're 6th overall...Still a great chance at landing a legit star calibre player.

This guy gets it.

These last 3 years have shown me that the Wings odds will always be less than what their actually listed as, because there will always be someone who moves up from out of the top 10 to get a top 3 pick.  Also, the team with best odds has picked either 1st or 4th in all 4 years of this lottery format.

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Did you just assume their species, you absolute bigot?

You're not missing much, tbh.

I meant to say that CRL was referring to middle aged women, not furries. No species assumption at all.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie