• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Poll: Datsyuk on the team at 41?

Rate this topic

Do you want a 41 year old Datsyuk on the team?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pods did say he has every intention of coming to NA and playing in the NHL. He just wants to fufill the 2 years left on his KHL contract.

Have a link to that information?

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Here you go bro bro, like I said in the other thread twitter links don't work for me at work. Always happy to supply later when asked though.

Makes me wonder if Podkolzin has any grasp of the English language, or culture in Canada, or the States?

Having a few Russian teammates on the Wings would certainly help, but we all know  nobody can really speculate what nationalities will be on the future Wings roster that could help ease the transition into the life of an NHL'er.

Drafting Swedes seems rather painless in comparison...Most speak English, and they adjust to the N.American lifestyle exceptionally well.

30 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Relax dink boy

Source on my dinkyness?

22 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Makes me wonder if Podkolzin has any grasp of the English language, or culture in Canada, or the States?

Having a few Russian teammates on the Wings would certainly help, but we all know  nobody can really speculate what nationalities will be on the future Wings roster that could help ease the transition into the life of an NHL'er.

Drafting Swedes seems rather painless in comparison...Most speak English, and they adjust to the N.American lifestyle exceptionally well.

And the beards are better.

1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

https://theathletic.com/996744/2019/06/07/pronman-what-to-expect-by-drafting-forward-vasili-podkolzin/

While Podkolzin may seem like a Russian homebody to some, playing for SKA and not giving firm details on his future, I wouldn’t say that is completely the case. He has a North American agent in Newport. When he was at the World Jr. A Challenge in Bonnyville in December, he talked to me about how he tried to go around the rink talking to the locals in English to try and improve his English language skills.

Looks like he's trying to learn anyway. 

10 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

https://theathletic.com/996744/2019/06/07/pronman-what-to-expect-by-drafting-forward-vasili-podkolzin/

While Podkolzin may seem like a Russian homebody to some, playing for SKA and not giving firm details on his future, I wouldn’t say that is completely the case. He has a North American agent in Newport. When he was at the World Jr. A Challenge in Bonnyville in December, he talked to me about how he tried to go around the rink talking to the locals in English to try and improve his English language skills.

Looks like he's trying to learn anyway. 

Pass.  Cozens or Broberg.  Instant help to the big club.