• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Poll: Datsyuk on the team at 41?

Rate this topic

Do you want a 41 year old Datsyuk on the team?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I thought he was a free agent because his contract that we traded to Arizona expired two years ago. However, after doing some digging, I think they still hold his rights until July 1st, due to some rule that states a player that requests to voluntarily retire before his contract is complete, cannot play for another organization for three years.

So Arizona got the contract in 2016. And 3 years after that would make it July 1st 2019. How convenient.  

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg is already putting it out there via Russian papers and twitter supposedly that he's signing with them. Pretty sure he wanted to play for his home town and retire there before his career ended.

Correct, he's UFA July 1st though

Fake news lol

2 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

They hold the rights but I have little doubt they’d kick up any fuss about releasing those rights under the circumstances. Barely a point worth talking about. 

True because he's going continue playing in Russia

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok. I'd pick Datsyuk over Nielsen. Based on the translation factor Dastyuk would have had roughly 30 pts in just 50 games in the NHL this year, or 47 over 82 if he played. That's a helluva lot better than 25 pts out of Nielsen in 82. Plus Datsyuk hits our books for about 1 to 1.5 whereas Nielsen hits it for 5+.

How do you work out the translation factor?  If you think Datsyuk would have had 30 pts in 50 games, are you assuming his KHL teammate, Gusev, would have 84 points in the NHL?

13 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

How do you work out the translation factor?  If you think Datsyuk would have had 30 pts in 50 games, are you assuming his KHL teammate, Gusev, would have 84 points in the NHL?

I'm using the translation factor published by Hockey Abstract in 2017. They have one for almost all leagues. Factor for the KHL that year was 0.74, so Gusev in theory would have had 60 pts in 62 GP in the NHL this year using that number.

EDIT: They don't come up with one for every year, I've only seen 2015 and 2017. Was 0.80 in 2015.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

21 hours ago, gcom007 said:

I topped the Abby thread for this reason. I think everyone at the time was at worst shrugging their shoulders. No one really liked the term as it came out. In my defense (lol), I did post before actual terms were announced. I don’t think the money is or was as bad as the term. It looks worse now, but it’s ludicrous to suggest that at the time, the money wasn’t reasonable and absolutely indicative of what Abdelkader was worth on the open market. 

The problem is a player like Abby, Helm etc shouldn't be paid market value (by us)... if you have a player that can be replaced or mostly replaced for less money you have to let those roster filler types go get paid "market value" somewher else.

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

1 year 8.9mil. Because who cares. If it's only one year I say give him Crosby money...

44 minutes ago, mackel said:

The problem is a player like Abby, Helm etc shouldn't be paid market value (by us)... if you have a player that can be replaced or mostly replaced for less money you have to let those roster filler types go get paid "market value" somewher else.

...intangibles........

sadness.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First you expect 20-25 out of Nielsen over a full season, now you expect 35 in 72? Which one is it?
Guess you missed the bit about the KHL translation factor too huh?

Nielsen had 35 points in 72 games last season.  That's not a projection.  I never said Nielsen would score 25 next year.

59 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Nielsen had 35 points in 72 games last season.  That's not a projection.  I never said Nielsen would score 25 next year.

6 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

None.  If I had to choose one, I'd pick Nielsen, because I expect more than 50 games and 20-25 points from him.

I guess I was too generous. 20-25 it is.