• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Holland set to become GM of Oilers

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

bc858770-c35a-11e7-87d3-59e239dbd7a5_Rya

Did his head get flipped upside down? His face looks like my penis + pubes

Also cool dino button up nerd

Wow - this must be worth a ton of $$$...It's a rare photo you see...Usually when his pic is taken...

Image result for head up ass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard Holland on the radio this morning.  Today, he sounded like the whole notion of him being the architect and making the Stevie Y thing happen was posturing and BS.  Paraphrasing, but he made a comment along the lines of: The Ilitches made it clear that this was a distinct possibility (bringing Stevie in as GM), with this being a possibility he felt it was time for time to step aside, and the Illitches made him a fantastic offer.

A few weeks ago when the announcement was made, there was some press hype that this was Kenny idea from the start, and he was proactive in making this happen and was pushing for this to become a reality.  IMO-Didn't sound that way this morning and I sensed in his voice that  he wasn't jumping for joy throughout this whole process.  Probably really happy for Steve and wishes him and the Wings the best, but I think the press MAY have gotten out of their lane a bit on reporting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 8:17 AM, The 91 of Ryans said:

No. He's claiming to be a journalist. 

True. There's a lot of that going around these days tho. 

21 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Heard Holland on the radio this morning.  Today, he sounded like the whole notion of him being the architect and making the Stevie Y thing happen was posturing and BS.  Paraphrasing, but he made a comment along the lines of: The Ilitches made it clear that this was a distinct possibility (bringing Stevie in as GM), with this being a possibility he felt it was time for time to step aside, and the Illitches made him a fantastic offer.

A few weeks ago when the announcement was made, there was some press hype that this was Kenny idea from the start, and he was proactive in making this happen and was pushing for this to become a reality.  IMO-Didn't sound that way this morning and I sensed in his voice that  he wasn't jumping for joy throughout this whole process.  Probably really happy for Steve and wishes him and the Wings the best, but I think the press MAY have gotten out of their lane a bit on reporting this.

No. Media is always right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Heard Holland on the radio this morning.  Today, he sounded like the whole notion of him being the architect and making the Stevie Y thing happen was posturing and BS.  Paraphrasing, but he made a comment along the lines of: The Ilitches made it clear that this was a distinct possibility (bringing Stevie in as GM), with this being a possibility he felt it was time for time to step aside, and the Illitches made him a fantastic offer.

A few weeks ago when the announcement was made, there was some press hype that this was Kenny idea from the start, and he was proactive in making this happen and was pushing for this to become a reality.  IMO-Didn't sound that way this morning and I sensed in his voice that  he wasn't jumping for joy throughout this whole process.  Probably really happy for Steve and wishes him and the Wings the best, but I think the press MAY have gotten out of their lane a bit on reporting this.

Regardless if it is or isn't true, Holland handled the whole situation extremely well IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Totally agree.  Had to be tough for him and he's handling it with pure class.

Would have been more classy to stay on with the Wings. People forget. We're not just losing Holland (who would've a great asset to the team) but he's taking other staff with him as well. He not just leaving, he's basically poaching too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 11:03 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

bc858770-c35a-11e7-87d3-59e239dbd7a5_Rya

Did his head get flipped upside down? His face looks like my penis + pubes

Also cool dino button up nerd

You have the most won days. Will you marry me?

 

Also you should start a youtube channel... I'd rub one out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

You have the most won days. Will you marry me?

 

 

1 hour ago, Euro_Twins said:

Also you should start a youtube channel... I'd rub one out

I make minecraft videos for kids and ASMR videos of my parents fighting in the other room, smash that like button and subscribe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Totally agree.  Had to be tough for him and he's handling it with pure class.

Indeed.

Can you imagine being at your place of employment for as long as he has, and for the most part regarded quite highly by your peers/rivals only for the 'prodigal son' to return?

Maybe this was the plan all along, but if not  - I have a ton of respect for how Kenny handled it, and best of luck in Edmonton.

Edited by F.Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Indeed.

Can you imagine being at your place of employment for as long as he has, and for the most part regarded quite highly by your peers/rivals only for the 'prodigal son' to return?

Maybe this was the plan all along, but if not  - I have a ton of respect for how Kenny handled it, and best of luck in Edmonton.

Seriously.

I've been at my current position for 3 years. I cannot imagine taking my job 100% seriously while also facilitating bringing in someone else in to take my job.

Now make me GM of the whole company and gimme 20+ years with that company, I can't imagine.

Holland will always be a class act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

 

 

I make minecraft videos for kids and ASMR videos of my parents fighting in the other room, smash that like button and subscribe. 

You are my queen party friends. Are those your videos? I love your content!

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seriously.

I've been at my current position for 3 years. I cannot imagine taking my job 100% seriously while also facilitating bringing in someone else in to take my job.

Now make me GM of the whole company and gimme 20+ years with that company, I can't imagine.

Holland will always be a class act.

I did it at my last job, I was there for 5 years. Mind you I was the one who wanted to leave in pursuit of more naked dreams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankful for the 20+ years that Kenny gave this organization but really happy to see him go. It's really too bad that he's going to the Oilers though because that's also one of my favorite teams to watch due to McDavid and now I'm terrified that he's going to ruin the prime of this generation's greatest player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

You are my queen party friends. Are those your videos? I love your content!

I did it at my last job, I was there for 5 years. Mind you I was the one who wanted to leave in pursuit of more naked dreams

Yeah no doubt if I wanted to leave it would be no problem. I just get the feeling that deep down Holland wanted to die a Red Wing. I would too in his position. But I also like 25 million dollars and apparently so does Ken...
 

1 hour ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

Thankful for the 20+ years that Kenny gave this organization but really happy to see him go. It's really too bad that he's going to the Oilers though because that's also one of my favorite teams to watch due to McDavid and now I'm terrified that he's going to ruin the prime of this generation's greatest player.

There's no way he can do worse than Chia. I think people will be surprised with Holland's handling of Edmonton in a good way. I think he needed a fresh start as much as the Red Wings did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah no doubt if I wanted to leave it would be no problem. I just get the feeling that deep down Holland wanted to die a Red Wing. I would too in his position. But I also like 25 million dollars and apparently so does Ken...
 

There's no way he can do worse than Chia. I think people will be surprised with Holland's handling of Edmonton in a good way. I think he needed a fresh start as much as the Red Wings did.

I think Holland’s biggest fault was he was here too long; he got sentimental. I’m sure ownership pushed their agendas, but I don’t think Holland fought it. You look at the signings as time went on, it’s clear his heart and head were at battle. It scares me a little to wonder what Holland might do without all the history and sentiment to cloud his judgment. I honestly think he’ll be great in Edmonton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I think Holland’s biggest fault was he was here too long; he got sentimental. I’m sure ownership pushed their agendas, but I don’t think Holland fought it. You look at the signings as time went on, it’s clear his heart and head were at battle. It scares me a little to wonder what Holland might do without all the history and sentiment to cloud his judgment. I honestly think he’ll be great in Edmonton. 

Exactly

I think the desire by ownership to continue the streak is the underlying ill in most of this. Everyone who despises Holland really just wishes he would have started rebuilding sooner, and the streak is what kept him from doing that. When he finally got the green light to rebuild he was awesome again.

Oilers have explicitly said he has full reign in Edmonton. So it's up to him if he wants to go for it or retool/rebuild. I expect good things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah no doubt if I wanted to leave it would be no problem. I just get the feeling that deep down Holland wanted to die a Red Wing. I would too in his position. But I also like 25 million dollars and apparently so does Ken...

He apparently likes making money more than spending other people's money.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:


There's no way he can do worse than Chia. I think people will be surprised with Holland's handling of Edmonton in a good way. I think he needed a fresh start as much as the Red Wings did.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked Holland right up until the point I finally realized that he was just sitting in the right chair at the right time.

Devellano, Andersson, Nill, and Bowman made the Red Wings great.  Holland proficiently spent money until the cap era began.  Then he inefficiently spent money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this