• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Larkin Next?

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Totally disagree. The only player on this team who has consistently always had the best linemates is Larkin. He's been with Mantha/Bertuzzi/Fabbri basically the entire season. All four of those players have showed great improvement EXCEPT Larkin.

Your argument would be better suited for AA, who WAS actually stuck on a scoreless island with Filppula and Helm for a good chunk of the year. And now he's beasting it up in Edmonton.

I don't think you can consider AA to be "beasting it up" with a 1 game sample size.

10 hours ago, Hairy Lime said:

Wasn't liked by his teammates? Tell that to Larkin, then, because he seemed genuinely pissed about the trade and even said that AA WAS liked and wanted to stay in Detroit.

As for AA's defense, it was no worse than a young Yzerman's, before a certain coach was brought in.

This team's biggest problem is Blashill.

Larkin says the PC, polite thing on the record, and an unnamed player says something completely contradictory off the record. Hmmmm.... I'm going with the latter.

Blashill is A problem, not THE problem. And he is not to blame for AA. 

AA is a 25 year old, speedy, middle 6 F, coming off a 30 goal season. Should be the kind of guy that a rebuilding team would want to keep around, right? Yet, he was traded anyway. That's very telling and doesn't speak well of AA's attitude or rapport with the team.

Yzerman went thru the rebuild process himself as a player. He knows the kind of players needed to build a winner and the kind of players to avoid. AA was a cancer. He needed to go. That's why he was traded. That's not Blashill's fault, only Athanasiou's.

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Did you see his goal last night? It was effortless. AA's line had 7 pts and was +6.

I humble enough to admit we made a mistake here

Sam Gagner scored 4 goals and 8 points in a game once. Think Holland made a mistake?

AA was expendable. I don't think it was too much more than that.

Moving forward we have:

Veleno, Rasmussen, Zadina, Mastrosimone, Soderblom, Berggren, 2020 Draft pick that will all be part of the completed rebuild in 5 years, sure AA was dynamic, and I am one of his biggest fans, but with all those guys listed above, there just wasn't going to be room for him. By time we are contending, the only forwards pretty much guarantees to be left from this current roster, will be Larkin, Bert and Mantha. I can see Fabbri and possibly Perlini, but I don't think there was a chance that AA would still be here in 5 years if he wasn't traded.

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Still way more Germans in the midwest than Poles.

I'd giggle if Seider became 'Das Hauptmann'...

We're talking about Detroit.  Not the Midwest.  Detroit is Mid-North.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

49 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

We're talking about Detroit.  Not the Midwest.  Detroit is Mid-North.  

https://americanhistory.si.edu/many-voices-exhibition/peopling-expanding-nation-1776–1900/pushed-and-pulled-european-immigration-0

"More than five million Germans came to the United States in the 1800s, the largest foreign language group at the time. The majority moved to the Midwestern "German triangle," between Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Many were farmers in their homeland and pursued the same livelihood in the Midwest. Living in close proximity to other Germans encouraged these immigrants to maintain traditional customs and language. The anti-immigration sentiment so prevalent in some U.S. cities gained less ground in the rural areas of the Midwest."

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

Largest ethnic groups in Michigan
Rank Ancestry % of Population
1. German 20.4
2. African American 11
3. Irish 10.7
4. English 9.9
Edited by F.Michael

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

https://americanhistory.si.edu/many-voices-exhibition/peopling-expanding-nation-1776–1900/pushed-and-pulled-european-immigration-0

"More than five million Germans came to the United States in the 1800s, the largest foreign language group at the time. The majority moved to the Midwestern "German triangle," between Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin. Many were farmers in their homeland and pursued the same livelihood in the Midwest. Living in close proximity to other Germans encouraged these immigrants to maintain traditional customs and language. The anti-immigration sentiment so prevalent in some U.S. cities gained less ground in the rural areas of the Midwest."

Found the guy with kraut blood

Kraut-eaters ruined the once great mid-western plains

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Image may contain: text

>AncestryDNA

Great, now the People's Republic of China has your DNA and they will use it to synthesize more corona viruses that attack genetic European immune systems. Nice goin Frederick.

PS you seen any corona cases in Milwaukee yet?

I saw there was an active shooter in Milwaukee today, and I assume that was just a coverup to hide the corona deaths and avoid general panic by the populace

I have no words about the rollercoaster that was the first 4 pages of this thread, holy hell. I don't even know what to do here. I'm just as bored as you guys are at this point of the season. 

Thanks for sticking around all year to most of you who have consistently posted. We reached a giant height of strange here, let's settle it down a tad and i'll move along. Have fun, just remember it's a hockey thread also.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

>AncestryDNA

Great, now the People's Republic of China has your DNA and they will use it to synthesize more corona viruses that attack genetic European immune systems. Nice goin Frederick.

PS you seen any corona cases in Milwaukee yet?

I saw there was an active shooter in Milwaukee today, and I assume that was just a coverup to hide the corona deaths and avoid general panic by the populace

I believe there have been a few in WI (one in Milwaukee, but not at the hospital where I work).

Yeah - 7 dead (including the shooter) at the Miller Brewing Co.

16 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I believe there have been a few in WI (one in Milwaukee, but not at the hospital where I work).

God help you it's coming

Rate my prep: 1 respirator, 4 respirator filters, 6 gallons drinking water, 36 cans chef boyardee, 4 large jiff crunchy peanut butters, 2 boxes of dry ramen 12 packs, Costco size bottle of multi-vitamins, 6 bottles assorted whiskeys, 1 box surgical gloves, 1 box surgical masks, trash bags and duct to build a going outside suit, 850 rounds 9mm.

I probably need more proteins I'm thinking

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

God help you it's coming

Rate my prep: 1 respirator, 4 respirator filters, 6 gallons drinking water, 36 cans chef boyardee, 4 large jiff crunchy peanut butters, 2 boxes of dry ramen 12 packs, Costco size bottle of multi-vitamins, 6 bottles assorted whiskeys, 1 box surgical gloves, 1 box surgical masks, trash bags and duct to build a going outside suit, 850 rounds 9mm.

Get at least 12 bottles - preferably bourbon.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

God help you it's coming

9 out of 10.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It's not for drinking, it's for trading (with people like you) after the initial plague wave has passed and I need to seek provisions in the Mad Max hellscape

I'm not cheap...1 bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon for a gallon of dog piss - erm - a gallon of lemonade...

16 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

sounds terrible

In Ottawa

:bad: If the league does any sort of meddling in these lotteries, you got to think they'll make sure a soon to be league star will steer clear of Ottawa

13 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

When does Yzerman put feelers out for a Larkin trade?  Guess thats the big question.

I love how you whine about LGW always needing a whipping boy, yet it is you so desperately trying to turn Larkin into one. 

40 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I love how you whine about LGW always needing a whipping boy, yet it is you so desperately trying to turn Larkin into one. 

It's also ironic since he's the one that created threads such as "The Elite Dylan Larkin", "I Love Larkin", and "When does Larkin get the C?"...

36 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Their fans don't deserve it. They didn't even sell out when they made the Conference finals a little while back ffs.

I don't know much about the Sens fan base. Hell, I don't know a single Sens fan (or at least they won't admit it)... But who doesn't deserve getting multiple top 3-5 picks is Eugene Melnyk / Pierre Dorion... THAT's what pisses me off. An owner / general manager mismanaging talent for years, and getting more elite talent thrown in their lap once again...