• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

krsmith17

2020 Offseason

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

The Hungry Howie’s down south aren’t the same. It’s quite the bummer. I’ve got a Domino’s near me that’s solid in a pinch though. I’m still scared to eat Little Caesars anymore.

Yeah i'm in Winter Haven, Florida and have 3 Hungry Howies 4 Domino's and 1 Little Caesars within a 5 mile range of me. Hungry Howies is and always will be my favorite Little Caesars 2nd. 

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Are we allowed to like any other pizza besides Little Caesar's in here?

Would say Little Caesars only, But love both of them the same.

15 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Are we allowed to like any other pizza besides Little Caesar's in here?

14 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No

Milwaukee style 'thin' crust pizza from Marty's, or Zaffiro's > anything by LC, or probably Detroit for that matter.

Edited by F.Michael

Just now, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Lol. I make a Hungry Howies reference about Jimmy Howard and now we're discussing pizza for a whole page. 2020 sucks.

com'on draft day whoever is picked @ 4 will generate both positive and negative posts so we have that to look forward to.

The Hungry Howie reference was pretty dang funny....so props 

19 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

com'on draft day whoever is picked @ 4 will generate both positive and negative posts so we have that to look forward to.

The Hungry Howie reference was pretty dang funny....so props 

Yup, draft on the 6th and 7th, and free agency begins on the 9th... Only a couple more weeks of nothing to talk about... Then this place may implode, depending on who we draft / sign...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Stutz and Blackfield are off the board for us

People think the top three (or whatever number) are solidified every year. Someone almost always falls. I don't think this year will be any different. Stutzle will be available at 4. The question is, does Yzerman take him at 4?

Am I missing something? Markstrom is pretty old, and just lost his starting spot to Demko. Why do some people want him signed?

Goalies are like quarterbacks. They are one of the last pieces I add to my team because there are always good ones available.

Thoughts on bringing back Athanasiou?

It's rumored that Holland will not be re-signing AA in Edmonton due to cap issues. AA commands a $3 mil AAV qualifying offer and Edmonton can't really afford to give him that. It's also rumored Holland wants to pry OEL out of Arizona while they are in fire sale mode. So he needs to create cap space on top of that.

So it seems like AA will be available...

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thoughts on bringing back Athanasiou?

It's rumored that Holland will not be re-signing AA in Edmonton due to cap issues. AA commands a $3 mil AAV qualifying offer and Edmonton can't really afford to give him that. It's also rumored Holland wants to pry OEL out of Arizona while they are in fire sale mode. So he needs to create cap space on top of that.

So it seems like AA will be available...

If edm is actually dumb enough to let him walk actually instead of trading like chiasson and we can get him on a one year deal at between 2-2.5 then why the hell not? Basically means we got 2 2nds for free and if he bounces back we can maybe get another 2nd if we decide to deal him at the deadline

much rather have him than a perlini coming back .... we got enough bad players as it is to get rid of , hoping abdelkader is finally buried in the ahl

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

People think the top three (or whatever number) are solidified every year. Someone almost always falls. I don't think this year will be any different. Stutzle will be available at 4. The question is, does Yzerman take him at 4?

It's usually a winger that falls out of the top 3, however. *cough*zadina*cough*, as it is very common for GMs to opt for the best available center.

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Am I missing something? Markstrom is pretty old, and just lost his starting spot to Demko. Why do some people want him signed?

Goalies are like quarterbacks. They are one of the last pieces I add to my team because there are always good ones available.

I'm all for signing Markstrom, at the right price, and more specifically, right term (under 4 years). We need to upgrade in goal, and Markstrom definitely does that. I just don't want to sign him at $6M+ for 6-7 years...

The bold, I completely agree with, which is why I would never consider Askarov (or any goaltender) with a top 10 pick, let alone 4th overall...

1 minute ago, marcaractac said:

It's usually a winger that falls out of the top 3, however. *cough*zadina*cough*, as it is very common for GMs to opt for the best available center.

Which is when you see dumb GM's make dumb decisions. Also, there are still some questions of whether or not Stutzle is a true center. I think he is, but if a team has concerns there, maybe he falls.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Which is when you see dumb GM's make dumb decisions. Also, there are still some questions of whether or not Stutzle is a true center. I think he is, but if a team has concerns there, maybe he falls.

While true, there are probably just as many concerns about Rossi or Perfetti for the same reasons. 

3 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

While true, there are probably just as many concerns about Rossi or Perfetti for the same reasons. 

Absolutely. But personally, I think Stutzle is the better player, and the more likely to become an NHL center, of the three. Which is why I'm hoping he falls. 

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Absolutely. But personally, I think Stutzle is the better player, and the more likely to become an NHL center, of the three. Which is why I'm hoping he falls. 

That's basically what I'm getting at, hence why I think he is less likely to fall. I just think this is the closest to a sure thing we've had for the top 3 in a while. I'll be genuinely shocked if either are available at 4. IMO the only way one of them drops is if LA or OTT REALLY prioritize a dman.