• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Scott R Lucidi

2022 Draft / UFA

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

He did, but coaching change plus drafting Sillinger (who's been pretty solid) has moved him down the lineup.

To trade from our depth in defensive prospects and get him would be a good move. 

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

We've got Columbus tonight and Roslovic is listed on their 4th line. Yzerman works out the details of the trade this evening and Gentleman Jack is a Red Wing by December. Calling it.

Where would this hockey person slot into the Wings line up? 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Where would this hockey person slot into the Wings line up? 

Right now? 3C until he gets the systems down and drop Rasmussen to 4C. Longer term I'd do something like:

Bert-Larkin-Raymond

Fabbri-Roslovic-Vrana

Nemestnikov-Suter-Zadina

Erne-Ras-Gagner

Edited by kipwinger

26 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Right now? 3C until he gets the systems down and drop Rasmussen to 4C. Longer term I'd do something like:

Bert-Larkin-Raymond

Fabbri-Roslovic-Vrana

Nemestnikov-Suter-Zadina

Erne-Ras-Gagner

You think he's a 2C solution eh? 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

You think he's a 2C solution eh? 

Kinda. I think Detroit's going to have to model their centers after the 2011 Bruins or the 2019 Blues. I see Roslovic as a very high end offensive player. Think Vrana, but at center. But he also needs to be sheltered because he's bad defensively (although he's been better this year by all accounts). I think if you've got Larkin as a workhorse 1C (think Bergeron or O'Reilly), Roslovic as a high end offensive guy that needs sheltered, Suter as a solid two way guy, and Ras as a shutdown center then Blashill can play to their strengths by using them situationally. Plus, at 24 Jack still has some room to round out his defensive game. But I like that he's produced good offensive numbers in relatively defensive systems under Maurice and Torts.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Can we get Hampus Lindholm?  I think he's the top UFA available.  He's gonna cost us 8.5 mil per for 7 years.  I think we should take a run at him.  He'd look fantastic next to Seider.

Lindholm-Seider

Edvinsson-Hronek

Johansson-Lindstrom

Osterle

Thats a good 7 to start next year.

And then how do you expect to pay Seider, Edvinsson, Johansson and Hronek who will all finish their restricted free agency and be ready for their own big deals before Lindholms is up?

7 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

And then how do you expect to pay Seider, Edvinsson, Johansson and Hronek who will all finish their restricted free agency and be ready for their own big deals before Lindholms is up?

Ya this is precisely why you dont go after big ufas to early. I like the idea of adding Lindholm but not at that price. imo Yzerman will try to lock up the core of this team before he goes big name shopping.

10 hours ago, redw1ngs said:

Ya this is precisely why you dont go after big ufas to early. I like the idea of adding Lindholm but not at that price. imo Yzerman will try to lock up the core of this team before he goes big name shopping.

Lindholm is only 27.  8 years, 56 million is what he will get from the Ducks as an offer.  Gonna take 7 years, 56 million from the Wings to even get a conversation started.  I would be looking hard at him if I was Stevie.

16 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Lindholm is only 27.  8 years, 56 million is what he will get from the Ducks as an offer.  Gonna take 7 years, 56 million from the Wings to even get a conversation started.  I would be looking hard at him if I was Stevie.

We most likely already have our top 4 dmen. They are all much younger than Lindholm. And much cheaper. This would be a terrible signing for SY as he would be overpaying for a position he doesnt need to fill.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

We most likely already have our top 4 dmen. They are all much younger than Lindholm. And much cheaper. This would be a terrible signing for SY as he would be overpaying for a position he doesnt need to fill.

I disagree.  We have exactly 0 games LHD NHL experience going into next year for top 4.

Seider - ?

Hronek - ?

Lindstrom - Oesterle

Lindholm and Edvinsson would give us possibly the best d corp in the league.  We have the cap space.  This is what you use it on.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I disagree.  We have exactly 0 games LHD NHL experience going into next year for top 4.

Seider - ?

Hronek - ?

Lindstrom - Oesterle

Lindholm and Edvinsson would give us possibly the best d corp in the league.  We have the cap space.  This is what you use it on.

Seider, Edvinsson, Hronek = 3 of our long term top 4. You only need one of Johansson, Wallinder, Cotton, Buium, McIsaac, Sebrango, Tuomisto, Viro, etc to develop into another top 4 D. That is almost a certainty that one of them will. There is zero need to bring in an 8 million dollar, 28 year old defenseman.

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Seider, Edvinsson, Hronek = 3 of our long term top 4. You only need one of Johansson, Wallinder, Cotton, Buium, McIsaac, Sebrango, Tuomisto, Viro, etc to develop into another top 4 D. That is almost a certainty that one of them will. There is zero need to bring in an 8 million dollar, 28 year old defenseman.

Unless you want to compete for the stanley cup, of course.

On 11/27/2021 at 6:24 AM, redw1ngs said:

I mostly agree. The main targets for me are Copp at center. Zadorov at LHD. And Campbell at goalie. If we can do those adds or something similar we'll be adding blocks without sacrificing much.

Copp will cost 5-6 mil to play 2C for a bit. From Michigan and played with Larks.
Zadorov will cost 4ish mil and adds size and nastiness to a young Dcore. I do think we will need Vet Defensive Dmen like this. Tired of being pushed around by bigger teams.
Greiss is aging out and Campbell is a Michigan boy whose played real well for the leafs who probs can't re-sign him. Probs cost 3ish mil.

Adding 10-15 mil to our cap really isn't a big deal for us. All 3 would be superb fillers to round out a team turning the corner.

9 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I mostly agree. The main targets for me are Copp at center. Zadorov at LHD. And Campbell at goalie. If we can do those adds or something similar we'll be adding blocks without sacrificing much.

Copp will cost 5-6 mil to play 2C for a bit. From Michigan and played with Larks.
Zadorov will cost 4ish mil and adds size and nastiness to a young Dcore. I do think we will need Vet Defensive Dmen like this. Tired of being pushed around by bigger teams.
Greiss is aging out and Campbell is a Michigan boy whose played real well for the leafs who probs can't re-sign him. Probs cost 3ish mil.

Adding 10-15 mil to our cap really isn't a big deal for us. All 3 would be superb fillers to round out a team turning the corner.

- Signing Copp as a 2C for 5-6M per would be the dumbest move Yzerman has ever made. 

- Campbell's going to get PAID 

- Zadorov would be good

37 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

- Signing Copp as a 2C for 5-6M per would be the dumbest move Yzerman has ever made.

Just turned 27 this summer and on pace for 66 pts (58 last year). Plays solid D.

We still need a 2C that's much better than Suter. I don't see a lot of other good options. Copp has been underpaid these last few years and Peg fans know they can't re-sign him. So I'm expecting to have to pay him. Hoping being a Michigander makes a difference to him. His mom was a coach at U of M, where he also went, and I think he still has football records from HS.

You got someone better?

46 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

- Campbell's going to get PAID

We got money

10 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Just turned 27 this summer and on pace for 66 pts (58 last year). Plays solid D.

We still need a 2C that's much better than Suter. I don't see a lot of other good options. Copp has been underpaid these last few years and Peg fans know they can't re-sign him. So I'm expecting to have to pay him. Hoping being a Michigander makes a difference to him. His mom was a coach at U of M, where he also went, and I think he still has football records from HS.

You got someone better?

We got money

I don't know a ton about Copp, does he actually play center in Winnipeg?

16 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I dont see a pro career for Cotton on d. imo he should be moved up to rw could be a strong power forward. Outside of Johansson and maybe Wallinder/Buium I dont see anything else there.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't know a ton about Copp, does he actually play center in Winnipeg?

This year he's been slotting into wing a lot. I really don't think that's because he's incapable at center. It's because of the center depth Winnipeg has. They already have Scheifele and Luc-Dubois filling the top6 center spots, and Wheeler and Stastny who can play their as well. And Copp is too good to be a 3C anymore. He still takes a lot of draws for the team and is a real good faceoff man.

My understanding of Copps career is the Jets basically forced him to play 3C mostly for all of it. He complained about this at one point and the team told him to score more or he won't be used in the top 6. Well he scored more and they made good on the promise. Last year he really stepped up and earned his top6 spot. They could only afford him a 1 year bridge deal though. Now he's proving it wasn't a fluke year and there's no way they can afford to keep him on. Fans mostly discussing how to get value for him.

25 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

You got someone better?

We got money

Copp is 2 years older than Suter with one more goal this season. And while I'm not 100% sure of this, he appears to be doing it on PLD's wing. And you want to pay him as much as 2 x what Suter makes and make him 2C? No thanks. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Copp is 2 years older than Suter with one more goal this season. And while I'm not 100% sure of this, he appears to be doing it on PLD's wing. And you want to pay him as much as 2 x what Suter makes and make him 2C? No thanks.

I think Copp is a MUCH better player than Suter is. Suter was a 40 pt player with Patrick Kane on his wing. Copp is 65 pt player on PLD's wing. And I'm not satisfied moving forward into next season with Suter at 2C. Suter is probably best slotted on any team at 3C.

2 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

I think Copp is a MUCH better player than Suter is. Suter was a 40 pt player with Patrick Kane on his wing. Copp is 65 pt player on PLD's wing. And I'm not satisfied moving forward into next season with Suter at 2C. Suter is probably best slotted on any team at 3C.

I agree that Suter is best-fit as 3C on a playoff team. Copp may be better but I ain't paying him 5-6M per. Neither will Yzerman. Not at this stage of the rebuild. He's at least 2 years away from big money long-term UFA deals IMO. 

Same goes for Campbell. Someone's going to overpay for the next Grubauer there and it won't be Ydude. 

There will be no paying 7-8M x 7 for Lindholm either. Just so you know I'm not totally picking on you.